Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Spider-Man: Homecoming to be in universe as Venom/ Silver &Black

BANNED

So does that mean Homecoming is the Schrodinger's cat of MCU movies? Not quite in it's own world, not quite in Fiegs'?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    So does that mean Homecoming is the Schrodinger's cat of MCU movies? Not quite in it's own world, not quite in Fiegs'?
    I don't know what's going on here.

I mean, Pascal's been misinterpreted or just said things she's just assumed so it's really hard to gauge how accurate her statement is when Feige's said the complete opposite a little over a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    My guess would be that the Marvel films won't mention events in Venom/ Black and Silver, while those films also won't mention any of the Marvel characters, but they'll be in the same universe.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    My guess would be that the Marvel films won't mention events in Venom/ Black and Silver, while those films also won't mention any of the Marvel characters, but they'll be in the same universe.
    So does that mean Spider-Man can actually show up in these movies ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    No Iron Man: Lethal Protector?

Spectacular Member Fearless Heart's Avatar

Awesome! I was so happy at the news that they're continuing to make more than two Spider-man movies, and now this!

I like all the Spider-man movies, but Tom Holland is the first Spider-man that I really liked. I'm so happy that he might interact with a Tom Hardy Venom. I was already super stoked to see it because Tom Hardy is my favorite actor working today besides Christian Bale, but now, boy oh boy. Heck, this makes me even more excited for Homecoming!
    Good soldier, good soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    According to the producer, Yes.

When asked if Tom Holland would appear in any of the films, Pascal responded, “There’s a chance. There’s always a chance. I think one of the things that Kevin has done with Marvel that’s so brilliant is bringing the fans along and making each movie seem like a chapter in a book that you have to read in order to go forward, and I think the investment that the fans get to feel in being part of a larger story and understanding what’s happening is something that I know Sony would want to emulate.”
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Why Sony, why??? Marvel needs to get the full rights back as soon as they can. Hopefully Sony Pictures doing horribly eventually leads to that scenario

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Just look at Feige's expression when she states this. This is yet more evidence of Amy Pascal and Tom Rothman's agenda with Spider-Man... milk Marvel for all its worth with the Holland trilogy then yank the rights back from Marvel with a nice setup already in place, all the whilst Amy's same increasingly tiring dream of a female Spidey lady movie with the same philosophy as Ghostbusters slots into place. I mean it's like she never got fired at all, is it?

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Why Sony, why??? Marvel needs to get the full rights back as soon as they can. Hopefully Sony Pictures doing horribly eventually leads to that scenario
    I don't know why you're sad, this is great news; it means that Venom, Black Cat, and Silver Sable will be in the MCU as they should be, not segregated into a creation of Sony.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I don't know why you're sad, this is great news; it means that Venom, Black Cat, and Silver Sable will be in the MCU as they should be, not segregated into a creation of Sony.
    That's not going to happen. Pascal's got a master plan in mind and that's setting things up in a way to make you think it'll be within the bounds of the MCU so that when they finally yank the Spider-Man rights away from Marvel back, they've had a ton of money of movies they had to make little effort with and a cosy little new universe in place for Holland to either join or cast yet another Spider-Man. Don't assume that Venom, Black Cat, Sable and the umpteen scrapped from barrel female heroes they have in mind for her obsession is going to mention or reference anything in the MCU or have the Marvel Studios logo outside the Holland movies.

Incredible Member

Saying they're in the same universe won't amount to much if Black Cat, Venom and Silver Sable don't encounter Spidey.

From what it sounds, Sony, Pascall, and Rothsman are in charge of that. Feige won't even be touching this in the other MCU movies with a ten foot pole. And let's be real. The MCU is the house that Feige built. Others have played it to mixed results (Daredevil was good, Iron Fist crap) but in the end, he's the guy who's made it successful. If he ain't involved, all this does is dilute the MCU

Not to mention, they're basically not even gonna interact with the wider MCU. I'm doubtful that Holland will even appear. Sony and Arad are desperate and are trying to leach off a more successful company. And I'm not even a super big MCU fan but that's how I'm seeing it right now

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Just look at Feige's expression when she states this. This is yet more evidence of Amy Pascal and Tom Rothman's agenda with Spider-Man... milk Marvel for all its worth with the Holland trilogy then yank the rights back from Marvel with a nice setup already in place, all the whilst Amy's same increasingly tiring dream of a female Spidey lady movie with the same philosophy as Ghostbusters slots into place. I mean it's like she never got fired at all, is it?
    Exactly. This is what I fear and am starting to suspect
    Last edited by The Kid; 06-18-2017 at 04:01 PM.

I foresee nothing but problems with this.