Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default So Who Is Your Favourite Alternate Gwen Stacy?

Here's something that I've been thinking about recently. Who is your favourite alternate version of Gwen Stacy? For those who know me they know that my favourite is Spider-Gwen but I was wondering about the rest of you.

Do you prefer the more punkish/rebellious Gwen in the Ultimate Marvel Comics, the Emma Stone version of Gwen seen in the Amazing Spider-Man films, the intellectual Gwen as seen in the Spectacular Spider-Man series or perhaps her in Mary Jane Loves Spider-Man. The decision is all yours of course and maybe, just maybe we'll see her in the MCU.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

BANNED

Probably Ultimate Gwen. Rebel with a heart, and who treated Peter more as a little brother.

Which made her dating Peter in USM's latter days so weird...and the characters even treated it as weird. It mercifully didn't last.

Spectacular Member

Spider-Gwen, the character taps into the earnest screw-up making her way in the world vibe that marks the early years of Spider-man, while still managing to be her own character.

Spider-Gwen BY FAR, the characterization, design, her constant fight to do good despite her failings, everything about this interpretation/character I love.

I will say my second choice is Spectacular's Gwen Stacy, I just love everything about this portrayal, her relationship with Peter and the other characters, the voice acting, and her sincereness for always being there for others. She's a really good character in that.

Astonishing Member

Dead Gwen Stacey

Ok, just kidding. Ultimate Gwen is my favorite!

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I will say my second choice is Spectacular's Gwen Stacy, I just love everything about this portrayal, her relationship with Peter and the other characters, the voice acting, and her sincereness for always being there for others. She's a really good character in that.
    Yeah, I'd have to got with Spec Gwen for my choice .

Probably the best take on doing an actual, fleshed-out, and likable take on "classic Gwen" without needing to encroach on MJ's territory per se or making her too involved in Peter's life as Spider-Man.

Being voiced by Lacey Chabert didn't hurt either .

Spider-Gwen seems to be lightning in a bottle. The very concept is intriguing, yet it's the costume that really seems to have pushed the character into another realm of popularity and utility. If she had been shown with Dan Slott's idea for her costume, we likely wouldn't have gotten much more of her post-Spiderverse. But I seriously think the bold design of her costume opened the door for other bold takes on what is allowed in a spider-person comic.

Just my two cents.

-Pav, who has yet to see the Spec cartoon...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Spider-Gwen and Ultimate Gwen are pretty much neck and neck. Both are well thought-out, alternative versions.

The worst is pristine, perfect Gwen - in all her guises.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I like to think somewhere out there in the multiverse is a Glenn Stacy, and he had a thick cookie duster mustache and died wearing bell bottoms.

Maybe from Petra Parker's reality? Petra was a gender swapped Peter that showed up in the USM cartoon's Spider-Verse arcs.

I think many people know how I'm a big (Multiverse) Gwen Stacy fan and and love all those Gwens posted above. Plus adding to my loves list here is: Age of Apocalypse Gwen Stacy (that when I look at the Gwen Thor June 2015 variant covers and fanarts I can see in my head a story of how that being her highly possible route for her as she was the right hand woman to Donald Blake and was mentioned Blake and Stacy of being a highly possible threat for the horsemen) and House of M Gwen Stacy)

Thinking about it all this is VERY hard as each one is special and different and well done.

"Do you prefer the more punkish/rebellious Gwen in the Ultimate Marvel Comics, the Emma Stone version of Gwen seen in the Amazing Spider-Man films, the intellectual Gwen as seen in the Spectacular Spider-Man series or perhaps her in Mary Jane Loves Spider-Man. The decision is all yours of course and maybe, just maybe we'll see her in the MCU."

Spider-Gwen got me into comics, Emma Stone Gwen Stacy was smart and took action when she could to help, Spectacular Spider-man Gwen was my first Gwen Stacy that was memorable to me and I loved. Spectacular was the one that got me interested in Gwen to look up her other comic versions (and finding how different she was for many of them yet still have a link to Peter, Harry and MJ). Gwen Stacy from Spider-man love Mary Jane was very lovable, honest, blurred out what was in her mind but not in a hurtful way, and good friend to both Peter and MJ, and you could feel for her and she was fair (except that last issue where her character suddenly did a left turn out of nowhere nor was it needed storywise). Also loved that in the Ultimate series instead of making her just like/imitating MJ (like the writers of 616 tried to do and in turn ruined potential to be different from the herd) in Ulimate she stood out as an individual in a great way and felt like a missing piece to Peter, MJ, and the rest whom she could interact with and other writers possable took notice and made there Gwens different from their MJs yet able to be part of the group as well in Spectacular and others.

Wish I could fuse them together to make 'Omni Gwen Stacy'

But picking just one I will have to think about it and come back.

Fantastic Member

I like graveyard / nomad Gwen clone ... Was a fitting good bye and was happy to know she was out there

Quote Originally Posted by Vixx View Post
    I like graveyard / nomad Gwen clone ... Was a fitting good bye and was happy to know she was out there
    You mean the first 616 Gwen Stacy clone introduced to readers who went by 'Joyce Delaney'. She isn't my favorite and more in the middle but she still was on my like list. I was upset to read she was uncelemosly killed off and really there was no need to do that at all. If one future writer would of had a grand idea that involved her in some fantastic story well 'too bad' to you can't now (unless it was 'revealed' that Miles gave her regenerative/resurrection abilities that allowed her to live and was the only solution for Miles at the time to the virus many who came into life by science came with).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    You mean the first 616 Gwen Stacy clone introduced to readers who went by 'Joyce Delaney'. She isn't my favorite and more in the middle but she still was on my like list. I was upset to read she was uncelemosly killed off and really there was no need to do that at all. If one future writer would of had a grand idea that involved her in some fantastic story well 'too bad' to you can't now (unless it was 'revealed' that Miles gave her regenerative/resurrection abilities that allowed her to live and was the only solution for Miles at the time to the virus many who came into life by science came with).
    Yea - that's the one, but only the abridged version

I really like what Conway put together as a good bye; once you get past the cheesy 70s nought in the middle

She starts off as kind of a paper doll , then they click... Nought --- then a really nice scene where they say good bye without over complicating things.

About half the later pop ups and retcons were ... Blearg... But the rest were good, like seeing an old friend.

Wish they left to be the one that got away.

Spider Gwen is something special - if they continue to develop her as well as they have, she could be Harleyquin type popular IMO

Fantastic Member

Every alternate Gwen is better than the 616 version.

I'd have to say Ultimate Gwen is the best for me. Movie Gwen was too much like ultimate MJ and I haven't read enough Spider-Gwen yet to judge