Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Spider-Gwen hands down, in my opinion, she is uber awesome.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Ultimate Gwen was a pretty interesting character.

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

Probably Ultimate Gwen, I think Bendis handled her pretty well and she was really fun in many ways... I loved her strong personality. The Carnage thing was also rather fun, brief as it was. Oh and I really wish her romance with Peter wasn't written in the LaFuente era, wanted to see how Bendis at his prime would write them as a couple. I think he nailed it with Peter/Kitty so that'd be interesting to see. But ah, well. Romance aside she was still a very fun character on her own, not sure but she might be my favorite supporting character from USM as well.

TASM Gwen was great too. She simply had lots of charisma, was useful and kicked ass, plus I liked that she was on Peter's level intellectually. A very likeable and competent Gwendy.

Spider-Gwen, despite dropping her book a while ago, I still like the character. But not my favorite.

The Gwen from Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane was also pretty interesting. I liked her both as a character and with Peter. Really wanted to see more of her and of that series all around.

Quote Originally Posted by RD! View Post
    Every alternate Gwen is better than the 616 version.

I'd have to say Ultimate Gwen is the best for me. Movie Gwen was too much like ultimate MJ and I haven't read enough Spider-Gwen yet to judge
    Well, yeah .

Though I appreciate Spec for taking more from the "classic" ideal of Gwen Stacy and making it work fairly well.

While I did like how the character was handled in the Spectacular cartoon, I think I agree with most other people and think that the Ultimate version was the best; she proved to be an interesting character, interacted with Peter in an unique way than the other people in his circle did (e.g. his aunt and Mary Jane). The only thing I will say is that I don't think the character's post-Clone Saga appearances worked that well.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    While I did like how the character was handled in the Spectacular The only thing I will say is that I don't think the character's post-Clone Saga appearances worked that well.
    I vaguely remember some shriveled hag of a Gwen clone after the clone thing - that was my "Mother of God... I give up."

I know I'm rather opinionated on Gwen (in case you hadn't noticed...) Spider Gwen really was a breath of awesome - especially the costume. My girlfriend had a hoodie of it; which introed me to the character. I'm way behind on it - Any plans to get her into 616?

Who is credited with creating her - any backstory on how they came up with her?

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

Spectacular Gwen all the way, followed by Emma Stone Gwen and then Spider-Gwen the rest don't even come close to these 3.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

Wanted to add another highly favorite Gwen version to the list being the recent 'Spidey' series Gwen.
    She had a great character establishing scene punching Flash who was bullying Peter (simular to Ultimate Gwen Stacy establishing scene that at this point much like how many expect the eventual MCU MJ (if she pops up) to have a intro or at some point a scene with the iconic doorway shoot and 'face it tiger' speech I feel the MCU Gwen establishing character intro scene should be Peter getting bullied then suddernly WHAM the bullies are floored and we see Gwen Stacy cracking her knuckles).
    Since that series had three different main artists each one had a different fashion style for Gwen which I think was interesting to see, on that Earth Gwen wasn't a science buff but instead was a history Buff and tutored Peter while he tutored her in math, she was shown to be very brave and heroic herself pushing an old lady out of harm's way from falling damages (and getting no love from the lady she saved like how Spidey gets no love usually plus a bit of a easter egg for those who knows how 616 Gwen's dad dies), she didn't wait to be asked out but asked Peter out herself plus she also went to make a passion kiss on Peter making the first move. While 'Spidey' only lasted 12 issues this Gwen from that series was VERY likable and has elements of many of my past favorite Gwens in one.

I don't have anymore time but tomorrow Vixx I hope I'll have the time to answer your question. I enjoying reading behind the scenes stuff and discovering how things got started and more.

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    Wanted to add another highly favorite Gwen version to the list being the recent 'Spidey' series Gwen.
    She had a great character establishing scene punching Flash who was bullying Peter (simular to Ultimate Gwen Stacy establishing scene that at this point much like how many expect the eventual MCU MJ (if she pops up) to have a intro or at some point a scene with the iconic doorway shoot and 'face it tiger' speech I feel the MCU Gwen establishing character intro scene should be Peter getting bullied then suddernly WHAM the bullies are floored and we see Gwen Stacy cracking her knuckles).
    Since that series had three different main artists each one had a different fashion style for Gwen which I think was interesting to see, on that Earth Gwen wasn't a science buff but instead was a history Buff and tutored Peter while he tutored her in math, she was shown to be very brave and heroic herself pushing an old lady out of harm's way from falling damages (and getting no love from the lady she saved like how Spidey gets no love usually plus a bit of a easter egg for those who knows how 616 Gwen's dad dies), she didn't wait to be asked out but asked Peter out herself plus she also went to make a passion kiss on Peter making the first move. While 'Spidey' only lasted 12 issues this Gwen from that series was VERY likable and has elements of many of my past favorite Gwens in one.

I don't have anymore time but tomorrow Vixx I hope I'll have the time to answer your question. I enjoying reading behind the scenes stuff and discovering how things got started and more.
    I wasn't aware of this version of Gwen. This Spidey series is it a comic series or a cartoon?
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vixx View Post
    I know I'm rather opinionated on Gwen (in case you hadn't noticed...) Spider Gwen really was a breath of awesome - especially the costume. My girlfriend had a hoodie of it; which introed me to the character. I'm way behind on it - Any plans to get her into 616?

Who is credited with creating her - any backstory on how they came up with her?
    She has appeared in 616 a lot. She was in Clone Conspiracy, Spider Verse, a Spider-Woman crossover and dated or is dating Miles Morales who lives in 616 now

She first appeared in the Spider Verse tie in series 'Edge of Spider Verse' (issue 2) which was a showcase series for different takes on Spider-Man.

She proved popular and got an ongoing series. The writer was Jason Latour and the artist was Robbie Rodriguez

I liked her in Avengers Alliance. Granted, there was a long list of other characters who got more time in the story. But when she was part of the story it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpider View Post
    Spectacular Gwen all the way, followed by Emma Stone Gwen
    I'll take this much.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpider View Post
    I wasn't aware of this version of Gwen. This Spidey series is it a comic series or a cartoon?
    It was a comic series. It was around from 2015 to 2016.
    http://marvel.com/comics/series/2086...&totalcount=12

Quote Originally Posted by Vixx View Post
    I vaguely remember some shriveled hag of a Gwen clone after the clone thing - that was my "Mother of God... I give up."
    Not exactly. The Gwen clone was the same biological age as the original Gwen. She was was bonded to Carnage, though, since the cloners somehow cloned Carnage, and...well, it doen't make that much sense. Character-wise, though, once getting her head straight, the clone was basically the same character as the original.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Not exactly. The Gwen clone was the same biological age as the original Gwen. She was was bonded to Carnage, though, since the cloners somehow cloned Carnage, and...well, it doen't make that much sense. Character-wise, though, once getting her head straight, the clone was basically the same character as the original.
    Ok I remembered that differently - something about being a first draft and hating the Jackal for cloning more Gwens ...

Thanks