Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Koryak Appreciation Thread

A thread dedicated to Koryak, the son of Aquaman.

Hope he comes back soon.

never knew he had a son.who's the mother ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    never knew he had a son.who's the mother ?
    An Eskimo woman named Kako.

So what abilities should Koryak have? What should his relationship with the other Atlantians be like?

I thought the official stance on the '90's Aquaman comics, especially those written by Peter David and the characters used or created therein, was, "Let's pretend it never happened." Or is that just my impression only?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    I thought the official stance on the '90's Aquaman comics, especially those written by Peter David and the characters used or created therein, was, "Let's pretend it never happened." Or is that just my impression only?
    Not sure where you got that idea. Peter David's run on Aquaman is one of the most popular of all time, and was pretty much unchallenged as the best until Johns and Parker with the Nu52. Hell, Dolphin was created in this run and she just came back in the newest issue of Aquaman. Koryak may not be too far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Not sure where you got that idea. Peter David's run on Aquaman is one of the most popular of all time, and was pretty much unchallenged as the best until Johns and Parker with the Nu52. Hell, Dolphin was created in this run and she just came back in the newest issue of Aquaman. Koryak may not be too far behind.
    Peter David's run was popular (I was there and buying it when it came out), but it had its share of detractors, not the least of which was because of the loss of Aquaman's hand, the hook/harpoon replacement, and the change in both costume and hairstyle. And I have to correct you: Dolphin was NOT created in this run. She was created in 1968 and had been floating around mostly in comics limbo for years in-between rare appearances. PAD was the first to use her regularly in anything in I don't know how long.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Dolphin
    Last edited by Timber Wolf-By-Night; 07-03-2017 at 06:15 AM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Double post (please delete)

As it should be.

It may be fun to revisit from time to time, but it is in no way "Aquaman" to me.

I do think Koryak could be repurposed as a character though.

Spectacular Member

Peter David's run was popular (I was there and buying it when it came out), but it had its share of detractors, not the least of which was because of the loss of Aquaman's hand, the hook/harpoon replacement, and the change in both costume and hairstyle. And I have to correct you: Dolphin was NOT created in this run. She was created in 1968 and had been floating around mostly in comics limbo for years in-between rare appearances. PAD was the first to use her regularly in anything in I don't know how long.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Dolphin
    Not sure where your getting the "pretend it never happened" thing when referring to PADs run. Some may have had a problem with the hook, and really Aquaman fans have never been on agreement on his look (proof of that is in this Aquaman appreciation thread) but I don't recall any major issues with the story being played out. And as stated above, this was the first comic that really breathed life into Aquaman and put him as a major player in a long time. This was the version the popular animated JL used, you can see PADs influence on the first Aquaman movie posters, and both Johns and Abnett have paid homage to the rub in their own

BANNED

I feel like Koryak would of worked better as Aquaman and Ya'Waras son in Futures End. Atleast if you want to make him Aquaman's son. Don't see him fitting as Aquaman's son in current continuity and would rather have Arthur/Mera heirs.

Wouldn't mind seeing Koryak in some form or another. Member of the Pacifican Atlanteans?

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I feel like Koryak would of worked better as Aquaman and Ya'Waras son in Futures End. Atleast if you want to make him Aquaman's son. Don't see him fitting as Aquaman's son in current continuity and would rather have Arthur/Mera heirs.

Wouldn't mind seeing Koryak in some form or another. Member of the Pacifican Atlanteans?
    He can be Arthur's without wanting the throne.

Koryak could be Orm's son, and be virtually the exact same character just with added drama and Aquaman as his uncle/father figure. Would be a nice new member of Aquaman's family!

I prefer Arthur with Mera.

I suppose that works though I don't see how him being Arthur's son keeps Mera and Arthur apart. It didn't the first time.

Any way, what should Koryak's powers be? Magic? Water constructs? Trained Atlantian soldier?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I suppose that works though I don't see how him being Arthur's son keeps Mera and Arthur apart. It didn't the first time.

Any way, what should Koryak's powers be? Magic? Water constructs? Trained Atlantian soldier?
    In the current continuity Arthur met Mera almost right off the bat, so no real time in there for anyone else. I vastly prefer the current continuity so I'd just let it stand.

Hmmm, what kind of magic? Ocean Master did dabble a bit in the occult, right?