Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Tweeted by Dan Slott about Amazing Spider-Man's numbering:

This image seems to indicate that there will be at lest 15 issues of Amazing Spider-Man with legacy numbering.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by plasticman101 View Post
    Marvel is currently the bigger company of the two. posted by orbus

no they are not. Read DC. they get it . they are better because they have less books out , more cohesive continuity , no new number ones coming out every single WEEK or Month!!

and most importantly? they SAID THEY WERE SORRY and came out and told us so. that's how you run a company, listen to your fans and give them what they want.

if you don't believe me? check out Mays sales! when your best selling title is an EVENT, that's bad! and the next title is a Venom #150 gimmick with various variants. thats even worse!

I remember when marvel was king! when you looked at the back of the previews and saw the dominance...1 thru 25 was all marvel! now ...no!
    So? This isn't what company you like better, it's about which has the better overall sales. That's Marvel. They are the bigger company.

I'm sure you'll argue that Marvel games the system with variants and overshipping etc but DC does all of that too. I've heard a lot of different argument the numbers from Marvel being legit on top to them being round about the same as DC. Whichever way you look at it going by your logic that Marvel is dead then DC that sells less is even more dead, if DC sells round about the same pretty much dead too regardless of whether you like it or not.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    X Men Blue vs. Gold are also fighting thanks to Mojo.

Avengers vs. Champions is due to the High Evolutionary.
    Still heroes fighting each other, though I guess that's slightly better than arguing over pieces of paper or making them Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Comicfan111 View Post
    Tweeted by Dan Slott about Amazing Spider-Man's numbering:

This image seems to indicate that there will be at lest 15 issues of Amazing Spider-Man with legacy numbering.
    Road til he leaves? So almost another year. Great.

no they are not. Read DC. they get it . they are better because they have less books out , more cohesive continuity , no new number ones coming out every single WEEK or Month!!

and most importantly? they SAID THEY WERE SORRY and came out and told us so. that's how you run a company, listen to your fans and give them what they want.

if you don't believe me? check out Mays sales! when your best selling title is an EVENT, that's bad! and the next title is a Venom #150 gimmick with various variants. thats even worse!

I remember when marvel was king! when you looked at the back of the previews and saw the dominance...1 thru 25 was all marvel! now ...no!
    Dominance and market share isn't Marvel's problem. They already have that. It's that too many of their ongoing titles aren't sustainable. Sales of X-Men, ASM and Avengers are normally expected to provide a buffer for other lower selling Marvel titles but even they're not doing too hot.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Avengers vs. Champions.

Waid is wrapping up his run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    About damn time.

Avengers has never sold this bad before
    Honestly, the art and the line-up is what makes me NOT buy the "main" Avengers book right now. I like Waid's work, but not enough to buy stories about characters I don't care for, and for a team that didn't make sense to me. So personally, if they assign an artist more in line with a more classic look for the main Avengers book, I really don't wish to see Waid leaving. And I think the title would be a lot better if Waid was to write about characters he really cares for. I think it would show.

As for the line-up published, there's nothing exciting to me. It looks pretty much the same as it is now, with a few additions, and several cancellations. I'm still inclined to think there'll be more announcements, and as for the promises Marvel made about bringing back classic characters, I suppose it's going to play out within the titles.

I think I will give Legacy #1 a try in Sept. If only out of curiosity.

Looking at numbering, Hawkeye is only on #7 at the moment. It solicited for #10 in September. So either they are going to double ship at some point or Hawkeye #13 is due in December. Some of these issues are a long way off. Iron Man numbering seems to confirm that too and the hints are that Tony would return in 600. That might be Spring by these numbers.

These comics will not all appear in the Fall and the storylines will not wrap up quickly.

Also Mighty Thor 700 is October but my bet is that issue doesn't wrap up the storyline by any stretch. Don't expect Odinson to just waltz in and take the mantle back. Not likely given the current arc.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 06-30-2017 at 04:50 PM.

Fantastic Member

What? That makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Still heroes fighting each other, though I guess that's slightly better than arguing over pieces of paper or making them Nazis.
    Once again, Secret Empire isn't a hero vs hero event. Rogers is clearly a bad guy.

Yeah, and Odinson and Deadpool are under duress, Vision and Scarlet Witch are brainwashed. No hero is choosing to oppose the other heroes (not even Steve, who had his reality rewritten and is simply not his usual self).

In fact, no event or crossover currently is featuring Hero v. Hero. Venomverse and WMD prominently feature distinct villains/antagonists.

There are X-Men Blue vs Gold and Avengers vs Champions coming up, but both are due to villain interference (Mojo and High Evolutionary).

BANNED

Only thing I'm irritated at is them being hush hush on Captain America's title. I could've sworn they said earlier before they said Steve will be back to normal after SE so you're not fooling anyone.

Beyond that knowing now what the arcs are called I can at least look forward to some of them. Like I'm looking forward to Daredevil, Invincible Iron Man, The Mighty Thor, Incredible Hulk, Deadpool (love the new name btw hilarious), She-Hulk, USAvengers, Hawkeye, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, & Marvel Two-in-One. Maybe the crossovers between Gold/Blue & Avengers/Champions. Those seem to be off into an interesting direction.

Niffleheim

Avengers vs. Champions.

Waid is wrapping up his run.

BANNED

What am I supposed to be excited about here? For me personally, it" just a a huge Nothing Burger! Another lame Marvel attempt to generate hype and short-term profit generation with no change or progression of their brand...same old,same old.