Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb52 View Post
    What am I supposed to be excited about here? For me personally, it" just a a huge Nothing Burger! Another lame Marvel attempt to generate hype and short-term profit generation with no change or progression of their brand...same old,same old.
    ding dong we have a winner, Johny...XD

im glad renew your bows is still going and some mutant stuff, not much more

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    About damn time.

Avengers has never sold this bad before
    They should give the book to Al Ewing the sales will be even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Avengers vs. Champions.

Waid is wrapping up his run.
    I'm wondering if we're going to get team shake-ups out of this , if avengers is going to be rebooted, and champions will be cancelled. In other words, not sure if i should bother with this.

time to get out those calculators and specuate on how the hell they got to these numbers

Amazing Spider-Man #789
    Avengers #672
    Black Panther #166
    Cable #150
    Captain Marvel #125
    Daredevil #595
    Despicable Deadpool #287
    Doctor Strange #381
    Generation x #85
    Guardians Of The Galaxy #146
    Incredible Hulk #709
    Invincible Iron Man #593
    Iron Fist #73
    Luke Cage #166
    The Mighty Thor #700
    Moon Knight #188
    Peter Parker The Spectacular Spider-Man # 297
    The Punisher #218
    She Hulk #159
    Spider-Man #234

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    They should give the book to Al Ewing the sales will be even worse.
    Speaking of u.s.avengers, they should do something with the new red hulk.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I'm wondering if we're going to get team shake-ups out of this , if avengers is going to be rebooted, and champions will be cancelled. In other words, not sure if i should bother with this.
    I doubt they'll cancel Champions. More likely they'd give it to a new writer if not a new creative team.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow panther View Post
    time to get out those calculators and specuate on how the hell they got to these numbers

Amazing Spider-Man #789
    Avengers #672
    Black Panther #166
    Cable #150
    Captain Marvel #125
    Daredevil #595
    Despicable Deadpool #287
    Doctor Strange #381
    Generation x #85
    Guardians Of The Galaxy #146
    Incredible Hulk #709
    Invincible Iron Man #593
    Iron Fist #73
    Luke Cage #166
    The Mighty Thor #700
    Moon Knight #188
    Peter Parker The Spectacular Spider-Man # 297
    The Punisher #218
    She Hulk #159
    Spider-Man #234
    Spider-Man #234 = USM 1-200 (cumulative) + Spider-Man Vol 2 1-21 + Spider-Men 1-5 + Ultimate End 1-5 (or Spider-Men Vol 2 1-5) + Cataclysm: Ultimate Spider-Man 1-3

I am really surprised Punisher only has 270 issues up to now. I thought he'd be up to 400 by now, with all the mini series he's had.

Doctor Strange #381
    Doc's first solo series (after Strange Tales) #183
    Doctor Strange (1974) #81
    Doctor Strange (1988) #90
    Doctor Strange (2015) #26

adding up to 380 issues. But, let's be honest, Doc wasn't even in over 100 issues of the original Strange Tales. But I am glad Marvel's made the call on this.

She Hulk = Savage, Sensational, She Hulk mid 2000s, Cosmic Collision, Soule Series, She Hulks?

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

So Daredevil , Amazing Spider, Spec spider and I. Iron man are all hitting milestone issue #s a few months down the road. That's probably when marvel will relaunch all new # 1 's if bleeding cool is to be believed. Heh heh.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    So Daredevil , Amazing Spider, Spec spider and I. Iron man are all hitting milestone issue #s a few months down the road. That's probably when marvel will relaunch all new # 1 's if bleeding cool is to be believed. Heh heh.
    It's very clever. But they should have kept some books with the regular numbering til the milestone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Seriously guys, this is EXACTLY what we were expecting! This is what they have been telling us for weeks. Nobody said anything about this being Marvel's version of Rebirth. That didn't even work out that well for DC aside from a few titles that weren't struggling anyway.

We were told renumbering was on the way, we were told this isn't a reboot, we were never told Legacy was about returning heroes to their "rightful place" or any other such suicidal plans. Yes a few heroes will reclaim their legacy, like Iron Man (which was always going to happen and nobody else is using his title anyway). Spidy will loose his business empire (again that has been on the cards for months), a few stories will converge to place a few heroes into their accustomed positions and a few won't.

As for Runaways, why would that be part of Legacy? Just because it isn't on this list doesn't mean it won't be launching. This isn't anywhere near a complete list of Marvel books.
    Anybody expecting Marvel to do Rebirth 2.0 deserves to be disappointed. The bottom line is that Rebirth hasn't done much for DC. Restarting their line gave them a brief boost - artificially bolstered by full returnability - and that's it.

This is more akin to the X-line relaunch - a shift in tone to a more "classic" feel, not a wholesale reboot, and that's worked out nicely for the X-books.

And as for characters coming back, with storyline titles like "The Search for Tony Stark", it's obvious that they are coming back.

And this isn't every title, just the majority of them. So several Legacy announcements - like Cap - are no doubt being held off until SDCC and the full Oct. solicitations.

There's obviously some fans who feel put out that Marvel isn't dumping books like Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur or Gwenpool and they aren't doing an apology tour for publishing books that appeal to a different, younger audience. Personally I'm thankful for that. The fans that support those books are just as valid and valuable to Marvel as the old school readers. If they can make books that appeal to both, why not do so?

I like Gwenpool and Moon Girl so I'm not one of those "WAH, I WANT A BORING WHITE LEAD" guys but I did hear a lot of that at my LCS.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    It's very clever. But they should have kept some books with the regular numbering til the milestone.
    I actually wouldn't mind that. Keep the regular number going, then when they hit the milestone celebrate it and then go back to regular number . It is what it is I guess.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8