Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Interesting to see that Deadpool now looks to officially bear the title of Despicable Deadpool. I guess his reputation has really taken a hit after SE!

I'm also intrigued by the "Mayor Fisk" storyline in Daredevil. It could just be a provocative title but having Fisk as mayor is a development that I can't believe no one's attempted until now and I hope this is actually the real deal. If they actually pull the trigger on that, it's going to be really interesting to see how that affects the street level NYC heroes across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    If Marvel's on a downward trend, DC must be circling the drain.

And what some shop owners experience isn't what all shop owners experience. If you look at the weekly reorder list from Diamond, which is a better and more honest indicator of what's actually selling and what shop owners believe will sell than select anecdotal evidence from random store owners, it's always heavily stacked with Marvel titles so clearly someone, somewhere is selling Marvel books.

As for SE selling less than previous Marvel events, if you're going by Diamond orders it helps to keep in mind that one of Diamond's biggest customers, Hastings Entertainment, closed their shops last October. Hastings was still around when CWII came out. It's gone now. So that's a buyer that stocked an enormous amount of comics that simply isn't there now.
    Marvel shipping free extra copies of their books to boost sales with Diamond doesn't mean the shit is selling. My LCS is full of Marvel shit he can't move. even a big BOGOF sale on FCBD didn't move the shit. Marvel is a freakin joke right now....its sad since I've been reading Marvel since Amazing #200 Brevoort and Alonso NEED TO GO and take their whiney crybaby bully twitter staff with them

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    I posted this in the Spider-Man forum as well but think it's just as appropriate here:

https://twitter.com/DanSlott/status/880901326338744320

Something that irks me is that Slott's excuse for RYV being included in the total is that it was the main ASM title during Secret Wars. But when someone questioned the fact that Amazing Scarlet Spider replaced ASM for a couple of months in the 90's but was NOT included in the total (thus the number should be at least 2 higher)...... no real comeback, just a sarcastic gif.
    Because, although he probably lobbied for the Secret Wars books to count, ultimately this isn't his decision at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Because, although he probably lobbied for the Secret Wars books to count, ultimately this isn't his decision at all.

obviously it is since its included........same with Superior (which shouldn't count either)

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Surprisingly, DC are allowing some growth to occur with their characters. Batman is toying with setting down. Superman is married again and has a son. Lex Luthor has moved on to being a good guy (in a Magneto like mold). The list goes on.
    Whoo there, lets not go too far. I doubt we will be Batman actually move past the bargaining stage of grief in a hurry. Even though that would be a character I would like to read, sadly that just isn't DC's style.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow panther View Post
    obviously it is since its included........same with Superior (which shouldn't count either)
    Clearly Superior should count. It was a continuing story. Im am more concerned that Secret Wars' Thors is being missed out for convenience.

In a recent interview Bendis made it clear that the decision was with editorial. As I suggested, people probably lobbied for certain things but it wasn't up to the writers.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-01-2017 at 06:58 AM.

Marvel is a freakin joke right now....its sad since I've been reading Marvel since Amazing #200
    Aw, man!

If only you'd been reading since Amazing #100.

You'd have saved the industry!

Clearly Superior should count. It was a continuing story. Im am more concerned that Secret Wars' Thors is being missed out for convenience.

In a recent interview Bendis made it clear that the decision was with editorial. As I suggested, people probably lobbied for certain things but it wasn't up to the writers.

I disagree with Superior being Included, they didn't include Amazing Scarlet Spider from the 90's. Its like they get to pick and choose what to include. those point one issues don't count with Amazing? They did with Venom. Then again this is Marvel where the current Editorial doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground

Spectacular Member

Which is all well and good until the guy tries to give justification. If it isn't his decision he should leave the discussion alone IMO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    If Marvel's on a downward trend, DC must be circling the drain.

And what some shop owners experience isn't what all shop owners experience. If you look at the weekly reorder list from Diamond, which is a better and more honest indicator of what's actually selling and what shop owners believe will sell than select anecdotal evidence from random store owners, it's always heavily stacked with Marvel titles so clearly someone, somewhere is selling Marvel books.

As for SE selling less than previous Marvel events, if you're going by Diamond orders it helps to keep in mind that one of Diamond's biggest customers, Hastings Entertainment, closed their shops last October. Hastings was still around when CWII came out. It's gone now. So that's a buyer that stocked an enormous amount of comics that simply isn't there now.
    Again, stores have confirmed that Marvel overships to increase there diamond numbers. Or did you forgot that?

Or do you want to look at how big of a dropoff Jean Grey had from 1 to 2? That was due to the variant covers and overshipping. Or how about look at another post that shows Marvel's numbers without #1?

Watch June's sales are going to drop hard, since #1 boosts for Cable/Jean won't be there and not as many SE issues.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    Again, stores have confirmed that Marvel overships to increase there diamond numbers. Or did you forgot that?

Or do you want to look at how big of a dropoff Jean Grey had from 1 to 2? That was due to the variant covers and overshipping. Or how about look at another post that shows Marvel's numbers without #1?

Watch June's sales are going to drop hard, since #1 boosts for Cable/Jean won't be there and not as many SE issues.
    I don't think it will be that much of a drop in June, since Secret Empire is still going on. However, I do wonder where Secret Empire will be at. It's already selling at the rate that Civil War II.8 Final Chapter Prologue #8 was at. I think this event might start dipping below 100k.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post

Based on dollar rankings, it doesn't seem like Marvel overshipped Jean Grey #1. All New Guardians of the Galaxy and related books, yes. Monsters Unleashed, too.

But yeah, I reckon a higher chunk of Jean Grey #1 sales were due to variants compared to other books released at the same time. She's a favorite for cheesecake covers. The drop off for #2 give us an idea of how many of the #1s were regular covers and how many were just variants.

Guessing Marvel's top book in June is Darth Vader #1. They also have Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man #1.
    Last edited by rui no onna; 07-01-2017 at 08:25 AM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Based on dollar rankings, it doesn't seem like Marvel overshipped Jean Grey #1. All New Guardians of the Galaxy and related books, yes. Monsters Unleashed, too.

But yeah, I reckon a higher chunk of Jean Grey #1 sales were due to variants compared to other books released at the same time. She's a favorite for cheesecake covers. The drop off for #2 give us an idea of how many of the #1s were regular covers and how many were just variants.

Guessing Marvel's top book in June is Darth Vader #1. They also have Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man #1.
    Cheesecake covers ?. I totally missed those.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Cheesecake covers ?. I totally missed those.
    One example:
    (Note, I added up the print runs and that's at least 8,320 copies sold right there. Probably a bit more since there's likely an allowance for damages. The minimum condition expected for these is around NM+ 9.6)

https://jscottcampbell.com/collectio...nt=32909856017
    Last edited by rui no onna; 07-01-2017 at 08:33 AM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

Marvel shipping free extra copies of their books to boost sales with Diamond doesn't mean the shit is selling. My LCS is full of Marvel shit he can't move. even a big BOGOF sale on FCBD didn't move the shit. Marvel is a freakin joke right now....its sad since I've been reading Marvel since Amazing #200 Brevoort and Alonso NEED TO GO and take their whiney crybaby bully twitter staff with them
    The biggest whiners you'll ever find are the all the hurt man-babies who rail against "SJW crap" "ruining" their comics.

And the five LCS that reside in my area all seem to be doing ok. Maybe yours just needs a change in management.