Default Any word on Atari Force?

Last I heard, Dynamite was going to bring out a collection of the DC series and possibly launch a new one.
    But it's been ages ago since I seen anything about it.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

SwordQuest was the first title, announced in I think February or March.
    It dropped two issues so far, in May and June respectively. Looks like the third one is late July or early August possibly. Issue 4 has been slated for September.

282605.jpg

Not sure if there have been any new series announced besides SwordQuest though!

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

Centipede comes out in August I think. I asked Dynamite about this line on twitter, and the answer I got was vague at best, along the lines of "We don't know what else is coming". I don't think Swordquest was ordered as much as they hoped.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Thanks for the info.
    I really hope Dynamite isn't gauging interest in an Atari Force title off of Swordquest and Centipede.
    While I think it's nice to see a possible line get developed, I wasn't too impressed with the previews for Swordquest.

Swordquest is actually pretty good. I think it'll be a 6 issue mini in the end.

Mighty Member

No idea about "Atari Force".

I think that the basic problem with "Sword Quest" (as good as it has been) is that it is not a proper nostalgia series, nor is it a modernization (dark or otherwise).

It is focused on fandom, including some of the darker elements, such as obsession with a thing. It is counter to what fans, particularly those who are looking for nostalgia are expecting. (And, fans of nostalgia put a high value of expectations.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Fantastic Member

As a kid when the iconic Atari Force came out in the '80's (who didn't have enough $ to collect the title at the time), I was really looking forward to the title being reprinted by Dynamite; they first announced this in Summer 2015. Based on what I remember when flipping through the series & in retrospectives online, the comic had incredible art & a great story.

However, it's two years later and still no word on these potential reprints. I wonder if they'll ever come out at this point.

Sadly, it looks like interest in the Atari Line just isn't there. Swordquest is "ending" with issue 5 and reception of Centipede was luke warm at best. Now I say Swordquest is ending but chances are it it was written to be in 6 issues chunks just in case it didn't sell well.

I think Dynamite dropped the ball on this one.
    Of course, it may not be their fault.
    Most likely, Atari directed them on which titles to launch with.

Atari Force and one of the more obscure ones (Swordquest or Centipede) should've been the two launch books, IMO.
    Atari Force would've at least generated more buzz, and Dynamite could've reprinted the old series to support it.

Alas, now it looks like it won't ever see the light of day.

At least we got Micronauts from IDW.
    Still no Dreadstar, though.

Which kinda makes me sad, because books like Omega Men, Starjammers and Enigma Force would sell enough by Image, Dynamite or Dark Horse numbers.
    But not enough by DC or Marvel numbers to warrant them being published.