Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Yeah, and Osborn too, even when he was supposed to have been incinerated in his last encounter with Peter and Miles by Maria Hill. And there are other surprises in the Ultimate Universe, like it seems Tony Stark retired and Ultimate Riri Williams took her place as Ironheart in the Ultimates. I want to know what else changed in this reality.
    Maybe Secret Wars brought it back and altered a few details. (Although it's not the first time Ultimate Goblin cheated death and/or was magically healed from the state we last saw him.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

This is why I really would like to see some kind of continuation to Ultimate Spider-Man's story, even if its just a mini. From the way Secret Wars ended to where Spider-Men II ends, I wanna know what direction they would go in, did SW just reboot most of it with the slight tweaks, or is there an actual story that led up to these events. Maybe they realize that Miles is gone and Peter comes back public as Spider-Man to fill that role?

what if they go back to 1610 only to find that peter's become a chainsmoking gamer
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    This is why I really would like to see some kind of continuation to Ultimate Spider-Man's story, even if its just a mini. From the way Secret Wars ended to where Spider-Men II ends, I wanna know what direction they would go in, did SW just reboot most of it with the slight tweaks, or is there an actual story that led up to these events. Maybe they realize that Miles is gone and Peter comes back public as Spider-Man to fill that role?
    I assumed from the ending that Miles jumping to 616 led the Ultimate Universe to re-set with Ultimate Peter as Spider-Man to make up for the difference.

Which is kind of ironic when you think about it.

BANNED

I'd like for there to be a kind of epilogue miniseries similar to those John Hughes high series which lays out epilogue titles saying "Where are they now?" or some kind of high school reunion thing.

The problem is Ultimate Spider-Man was always written by Bendis. Bendis was the only one who wrote that version of the character and his supporting cast. So without Bendis, would it be worthwhile reviving that universe? Because Bendis is the main reason Ultimate Spider-Man became what it became.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I'd like for there to be a kind of epilogue miniseries similar to those John Hughes high series which lays out epilogue titles saying "Where are they now?" or some kind of high school reunion thing.

The problem is Ultimate Spider-Man was always written by Bendis. Bendis was the only one who wrote that version of the character and his supporting cast. So without Bendis, would it be worthwhile reviving that universe? Because Bendis is the main reason Ultimate Spider-Man became what it became.
    Ultimate Spider-Man without Bendis speak. That would be kind of weird .

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

I don't know if this is a "controversial" opinion or not, but I actually really enjoyed the short-lived All-New Ultimates series, which completely consisted of the cast from Bendis' USM, only done by Michael Fiffe. I do think there is some merit in having another writer to come in and help write a story that fills the gaps and as more of a "catch up" book rather than an actual continuation.

I don't know if this is a "controversial" opinion or not, but I actually really enjoyed the short-lived All-New Ultimates series, which completely consisted of the cast from Bendis' USM, only done by Michael Fiffe. I do think there is some merit in having another writer to come in and help write a story that fills the gaps and as more of a "catch up" book rather than an actual continuation.
    Maybe. I do agree that the question of whether USM "should" continue without Bendis will probably be a sticking point, given that it really was his baby through and through.

(I've got copies of All-New Ultimates and it's one of those things were I think it was a really good concept that didn't quite fly in the execution; resurrect that with the same cast and I'd be up for it.)
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Maybe. I do agree that the question of whether USM "should" continue without Bendis will probably be a sticking point, given that it really was his baby through and through.

(I've got copies of All-New Ultimates and it's one of those things were I think it was a really good concept that didn't quite fly in the execution; resurrect that with the same cast and I'd be up for it.)
    Yeah, I think story wise it wasn't perfect, but I absolutely loved that ensemble of characters and the interactions were very enjoyable. That's honestly why I really want to see Ultimate Spider-Man come back rather than putting an emphasis on the Ultimate Universe again as a whole. I really like those interpretations of the characters and how distinct their personalities and relationships are to their 616 counterparts. Ultimate Spider-Woman especially needs to make a comeback, she's ripe for so much unused potential, and there's so much you could explore regarding her identity, especially nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I think there are a couple possibilities:

He (and Mary Jane) died when the Ultimate universe was destroyed, or they were caught up in the reality warping and sent elsewhere somehow. It also stands to reason that out in the multiverse, there is a version of the Ultimate universe where the world didn't end after they drove off into the sunset.

Was the Ultimate universe ever restored with the rest of the multiverse? If so, then presumably Peter and MJ were as well.

But, yeah, it is a little odd that Marvel doesn't seem to want to give a specific answer. Wonder if there is a reason for that?
    most likely incase any writer wants to pull the thread an use it for a story down the road. Not that finite ends like death mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    most likely incase any writer wants to pull the thread an use it for a story down the road. Not that finite ends like death mean anything.
    Well, Spider-Man II two did answer the question in the positive, so I guess they kinda set a specific thread to be used if they decide to go forward on it.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)