Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Very well said. For me, there's a difference between having to put up with an artist vs a bad main artist anyway

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Pulido will be back next issue, and it's really not that bad. The hyperbole in this thread is comical at best. It's continuing with that indie vibe that Marvel's trying to take with it's current solo lower selling books. Is it my ideal choice? No, but the writing is top notch and I can handle a couple of issues that aren't my cup of tea, art wise, to enjoy and support a book I want to continue to be published.
    I love She-Hulk to death, but I can't. Marvel just shot themselves in the foot. Even people that like the direction and the writer, will drop this because of the horrendous art.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    I love She-Hulk to death, but I can't. Marvel just shot themselves in the foot. Even people that like the direction and the writer, will drop this because of the horrendous art.
    Good for you. I'll continue to support this book because it's been too long since we've had a She-Hulk book that was written this consistently great. This and Swamp Thing are Soule's best books being published, and I'm interested in where he's taking Jen.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    Even people that like the direction and the writer, will drop this because of the horrendous art.
    Two points.
    1. Maybe some of the people will drop this, not all. I'm staying.
    2. Wemberly is a guest artist for two issues. If people were willing to drop the title only for these two issues, that's that. If people are willing to drop the title because of Wembeley and Pulido, it's a personal choice.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'll pick it up, because I love the writing and this is only for this issue before returning to normal, but gauging by the preview ugh. It takes some baaaaaaad art to make me drop a book with a writer I really like, but if this guy was permanent I'd have to say sorry Soule.

I'll continue to support this book because it's been too long since we've had a She-Hulk book that was written this consistently great.
    D'you really think so? Cos for me, this is Soule doing he same job with Jen as he's doing with Diana over in Superman/Wonder Woman. It's all dialogue but no.. personality. There's a blandness, an emptiness to his writing that I just can't ignore. There's never any spark, any wit, any sense of characters feeling like actual people.

And in some ways, that's worse than the mediocre art.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Oh wow, the art looks worse in this issue than the prior one. Seriously considering dropping the title until artist change happens. I like Soule but I got my limits.
    seriously, WTF is up with that art! Jen went from looking like she had Down's with the last artist to now looking like she ran face-first into a brick wall and was dipped in a vat of ... i dunno... teal ugly juice?

Astonishing Member

Why doesn't Tigra turn into her human form whenever they are not fighting the bad guys? It would make some of the scenes realistic if the artist would have made Tigra into her human self, unless Greer no longer has the ability to do so.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Pulido will be back next issue, and it's really not that bad. The hyperbole in this thread is comical at best. It's continuing with that indie vibe that Marvel's trying to take with it's current solo lower selling books. Is it my ideal choice? No, but the writing is top notch and I can handle a couple of issues that aren't my cup of tea, art wise, to enjoy and support a book I want to continue to be published.
    When we are talking about the artwork here, we are not being hyperbolic about it. Yes, the writing is good here but artwork is also a major factor in one's enjoyment of a comic. It looks awful and poor, ill-suited for this book. Look, when you can't even tell who the person we are suppose to know is from just looking at it, there's a problem.... among lots of other problems that the artwork has.

BANNED

Sort of reminds me of the start of KSD's Carol Danvers book. I wasn't too inclined toward it anyway but the art pushed me the rest of the way off of it until recently.

I can totally understand how people dislike this art but I really dig it. I prefer Pulido but I think Wimberly's distorted perspectives are working for the paranoid nature of this arc.

I like this a lot more than something like Carlos Pacheco that is IMO devoid of any real style or personality.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Amazing Member

Put Pellitier, Guice or even Jose Garcia on this dog --

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tedbragg View Post
    Put Pellitier, Guice or even Jose Garcia on this dog --
    LOL... sometimes when I read the posts that support the art I am reminded of the Emperor's new clothes fable.

The hyperbole in this thread is comical at best...
    I agree. I also don’t completely understand the compulsion to talk only about what one doesn’t like about this title. Seems like those who hate the fill-in artist’s work aren’t enjoying the book 100% anyway. I hope you’re not still buying it—it doesn’t follow that you’ll get what you want (more mainstream/fan service art and dialogue where every character is a witty raconteur?) that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    ...it would be a pity to drop this book that I liked a lot.
    Exchange “a pity” to “nonsensical” and, yeah.