Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default #d Animated green laturn show:Razor.

There was this character called Razor in the cg green lantern tv show who was a red latern. He was very interesting to me because he had this whole torn between being a good guy and bad guy thing going on in the show. Did he ever make it into the comics or has any creator ever mention the possibility of him going into the comics?

BANNED

Sadly, Razor, as well as Aya, have not made the transition to the DCU. It's a real shame considering they're two of the best original characters a DC adaptation has created.

Spectacular Member

Yeah to me he was the best original character since Harley. Okay thanks. Shame that they might be lost to time.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I've ordered this...if they incorporated red lanterns, that 's cool (hopefully Dex,) but do they do classic storylines, too?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I've ordered this...if they incorporated red lanterns, that 's cool (hopefully Dex,) but do they do classic storylines, too?
    The show only lasted a single 26 episode series. In that season, there are 2 arcs, with some stand-alones mixed into them. The first storyline is all about the ongoing war with the Red Lanterns (Led by Atrocitus of course; sadly Dex-Starr doesn't appear), and the 2nd storyline has Hal and company dealing with the Anti-Monitor. VERY different from any Anti-Monitor story you've read though.

The show is more focused on its original ideas (Most of which are really good) than adapting classic storylines, but there's still a lot of respect paid to the franchise. Tons of fan favorite GL's are on the show (Including Guy), Ron Pearlman turns in an excellent performance as Sinestro for a single episode, and Saint Walker and Larfleeze both get great portrayals.

Thanks. Sounds like it may be good. Sounds odd they would jump in with red lanterns at the outset, but until a year or so ago, I was unfamiliar with the new lanterns. I took a long break, and the green rings were still allergic to yellow back then. I left very soon after Guy stopped being a GL and started that Warrior crap. Early 90s. JLI Guy was the best.

BANNED

Thanks. Sounds like it may be good. Sounds odd they would jump in with red lanterns at the outset, but until a year or so ago, I was unfamiliar with the new lanterns. I took a long break, and the green rings were still allergic to yellow back then. I left very soon after Guy stopped being a GL and started that Warrior crap. Early 90s. JLI Guy was the best.
    The show is actually EXCELLENT, not just good. Among the main cast, Razer and Aya are great original characters, Kilowag is pretty much perfect and this is by far the most likable Hal Jordan I've ever seen. The Lantern corps playing a big role in the series isn't too shocking if you look at when the series came out. Definitely agree with you that JLI Guy was the best. From what I hear, since he stopped being a Red Lantern (Yes, that was a thing) he's been written petty excellently. Really hoping that when she eventually returns from limbo, we can get the Guy/Tora relationship back on track. (Because dammit those two deserve a happy ending.)

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    The show is actually EXCELLENT, not just good. Among the main cast, Razer and Aya are great original characters, Kilowag is pretty much perfect and this is by far the most likable Hal Jordan I've ever seen. The Lantern corps playing a big role in the series isn't too shocking if you look at when the series came out. Definitely agree with you that JLI Guy was the best. From what I hear, since he stopped being a Red Lantern (Yes, that was a thing) he's been written petty excellently. Really hoping that when she eventually returns from limbo, we can get the Guy/Tora relationship back on track. (Because dammit those two deserve a happy ending.)
    Red Lanterns is one of the series I've read since "coming back." Only thing I didn't quite understand was Guy suddenly doing a red-headed Lemmy thing. That series started way better than it ended, but I adore Dex-Starr.

Other series I liked a lot was Booster Gold's New 52 series and Power Girl.

Spectacular Member

Looks like you are a guy fan. The episode about Guy is awesome. I think you'll enjoy it. Show treats it character development with a lot of care.

BANNED

Other series I liked a lot was Booster Gold's New 52 series and Power Girl.
    Uh, both of those books were actually Pre-Nu52, hence why they're so good (Especially Booster's book.)

Uh, both of those books were actually Pre-Nu52, hence why they're so good (Especially Booster's book.)
    I'm sure I'm just confused...In the last year or so, I have read more comics than any period of my life. Having everything accessible in a digital format has allowed me ways of catching up that just weren't possible for me in the past. Cite this as an example of ingesting too much too soon? But yeah, with storylines called 52 Pickup, I just figured it was New 52. And those earlier episodes of that Booster series were a joy to read. Especially him trying to resurrect Ted Kord's Beetle.

I REALLY enjoyed this series and was disappointed that it ended so quickly. Wasn't there a Hal/Ch'p "faceoff" at one point?

BANNED

I'm sure I'm just confused...In the last year or so, I have read more comics than any period of my life. Having everything accessible in a digital format has allowed me ways of catching up that just weren't possible for me in the past. Cite this as an example of ingesting too much too soon? But yeah, with storylines called 52 Pickup, I just figured it was New 52. And those earlier episodes of that Booster series were a joy to read. Especially him trying to resurrect Ted Kord's Beetle.
    No worries, and glad to hear you've been catching up on so much. Just to clarify, 52 Pick Up was named as such because Booster's book spun out of the event comic 52, no relation to the Nu52, in which Booster was one of the main characters.

And yeah, the first 12 issues or so centered around trying to save Ted is definitely the highlight of the run. One of my favorite stories in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    Wasn't there a Hal/Ch'p "faceoff" at one point?
    There was, and it was awesome.

And yeah, the first 12 issues or so centered around trying to save Ted is definitely the highlight of the run. One of my favorite stories in comics.
    The friendship Blue & Gold had together is what made them so endearing. One of the best relationships in comics.

There was a comic book series based off the animated show. It lasted 14 issues.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/green...es/4050-44249/