Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: 100th Anniversary: X-Men, #1

CLASSIFIED

Full article here.

I still don't get if is in the future or an alternate reality

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    Take it as it is. Just an issue that Marvel thinks they might put out on their 100th Anniversary which is in 2061. That's 47 years away. It has no bearing on any current X-Men story lines. The synopsis says Cyclops and his band of revolutionaries saved New York. My god, even if they wanted to, I'm not even sure how Marvel is gonna keep this Cyclops mutant revolution idea going for 40 odd years. Who knows, maybe a writer comes along with a really good reason why they should kill off Emma or Scott and there you go. Have fun with it, or not if President Cyclops is not your cup of tea.

thanks I am a fan of cyclops so I am going to read it, its just that emma look really young and I didn't see it was in 2061, thanks for help me undertans what was going on

Most pointless issue ever.

Like President Summers and that he's married to Emma, dislike everything else shown so far...

Looks like an interesting title. These 100th Anniversary issues feel more like fan fiction in a sense. They don't really tie into the current continuity. They do a lot of different things with the character, changing the circumstances and what not. That's what they did with Spider-Man and Fantastic Four, but they did it in a way that was still entertaining. So I'm going to give this a chance. But based on the preview, it looks like time travel is somehow involved. Given the current theme of All-New X-men, I guess Marvel is expecting time travel stories to continue well into the future with X-men. Being so burned out on time travel stories, I can't say I'm thrilled. Can't say I'm surprised either.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I hope we can see the whereabouts of Emma and the reason of the erasing, or it'll be stupidly lazy writing.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

ALL futures are alternate.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

President Cyclops? You Don't make Captain Kirk president of the Federation!?

And...2061, uhhh Did Jubilee turn them, or do Mutants really age at half the rate of normal humans now?

Incredible Member

thanks I am a fan of cyclops so I am going to read it, its just that emma look really young and I didn't see it was in 2061, thanks for help me undertans what was going on
    Just for extra clarification, the comic does not take place in the year 2061. I'm just referencing the fact that it would be 2061 by the time Marvel turns 100.
    Last edited by XchaiX; 07-11-2014 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XchaiX View Post
    Just for extra clarification, the comic does not take place in the year 2061. I'm just referencing the fact that it would be 2061 by the time Marvel turns 100.

Though Marvel decided to make it a little hazy, with the Fantastic Four issue being in the future... not sure for the Spidey issue. I haven't read it yet.

Fantastic Member

Except the preview pages litterally say it takes place in 2061.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Like President Summers and that he's married to Emma, dislike everything else shown so far...
    This.

Scott Summers as President and Emma Frost as First Lady has endless possibilities for great stories. Everything from carrying on the mission in a new way to passing the torch to new X-Men.

This so far? Ugh
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 07-11-2014 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    President Cyclops? You Don't make Captain Kirk president of the Federation!?

And...2061, uhhh Did Jubilee turn them, or do Mutants really age at half the rate of normal humans now?
    Sliding time scale. This is just an issue pretending its being published in 2061 our time and since the MU mimics the real time year, that's the year it is in that issue.