Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Default Rumor: PS4 Spider-Man sequel for PS5, releasing at late 2021.

https://www.futuregamereleases.com/2...odes-and-more/

Possible leaks show that sequel for Spider-Man PS4 game will be released for 2021 on PS5. The notable details for the leak includes:

- Game is set for holiday 2021 release date, possibly same time as the release for PS5. The game itself will be revealed this summer
    - Only Single Player mode, no Online Co-Op.
    - The game will be set on Queens and Brooklyn.
    - Set 5-6 months after the first game during winter. Peter is mourning for Anut May and haunted by the event of first game. He is currently living with MJ but she is away for first act during story.
    - Oscorp is attemping to clone someone to make super-soldier, it goes wrong and spawn new villians.
    - Harry Osborn will become Venom (According to source, it would be unique take on character), but Eddie Brock still appears as major character.
    - Carnage and Mysterio will be appear.
    - Miles is playable in certain sections of the game, the developers are considering making him playable in during the free roam but did not confirm it yet.
    - New mechanic named "Web-Chain", which allows Peter to chain the web "zips" together, so when he reach a point, he immeditaely zips to next and so on.
    - More unique animations and mechaincs for web swinging.
    - Three swing modes (Naming not finals):
    - Realistic: Web swinging based on pure physics. (Very Spider-Man 2 esque)
    - Arcade:Web swinging with "fake" assistance. (I guess being more cartoony and exaggerated animations)
    - Hybrid: Merge of the two modes, basically PS4 Swining.

Like I said, this is merely just a pure rumor and nothing is confimed yet.

BANNED

That Insomniac are making a sequel PS5 exclusive is not so much a rumor as opposed to “Duh!! Of course, we got bought out by Sony, what else were we going to be doing?”

I think the fame will be a little delayed owing to Covid. Though.

It'd be weird to have a game released in 2021 but set in 2019, tbh.

Wasn’t this information revealed back in mid January??

just fix combat pls
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

One minor note, PS5 is confirmed to be coming out Winter 2020, so it wouldn't be coming out at the same time as the system's release. However, yeah it is an absolute guarantee it's coming to PS5, and 2021 would make the most sense since it'd be 3 years. Most of the more detailed information I'd be cool with seeing in the final game, though with rumours like this I'd say I wouldn't be surprised if not all of this ends up true.

Honestly, my biggest worry is knowing that I'm gonna have to buy a PS5 just so I can play it lol

I wouldn't have expected this game to go with Harry as Venom but I guess it saves them time to give Peter emotional investment in fighting Venom instead of having to spend time developing and introducing Brock.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    One minor note, PS5 is confirmed to be coming out Winter 2020, so it wouldn't be coming out at the same time as the system's release. However, yeah it is an absolute guarantee it's coming to PS5, and 2021 would make the most sense since it'd be 3 years. Most of the more detailed information I'd be cool with seeing in the final game, though with rumours like this I'd say I wouldn't be surprised if not all of this ends up true.

Honestly, my biggest worry is knowing that I'm gonna have to buy a PS5 just so I can play it lol
    Oops, my bad, sorry about that.

I'm hoping that they also port into the PS4, so PS4 users can also allow to play. But time will tell if they do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't have expected this game to go with Harry as Venom but I guess it saves them time to give Peter emotional investment in fighting Venom instead of having to spend time developing and introducing Brock.
    My theory is that it would be like Mr. Negative and Doc Ock revelation in the first game, in which Harry will be acting as prominent symbiote holder during the 1st and 2nd act, while setting up the Eddie's story line, and in the last third act, turning Brock into final boss as the Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    My theory is that it would be like Mr. Negative and Doc Ock revelation in the first game, in which Harry will be acting as prominent symbiote holder during the 1st and 2nd act, while setting up the Eddie's story line, and in the last third act, turning Brock into final boss as the Venom.
    I was thinking that too, although most people would see that coming unless they try and hide Eddie is in the game as hard as they tried to hide Doc Ock.

Oops, my bad, sorry about that.

I'm hoping that they also port into the PS4, so PS4 users can also allow to play. But time will tell if they do that.
    Sadly, it will almost certainly be a PS5 exclusive, wouldn't really make sense for them to do a dual release especially after a year of the system out, and considering the monster success of the first game (2nd best selling PS4 game ever), it'll be a guaranteed system seller. And to give them credit, that's definitively gonna end up working on me, heh.

Plus, Insomniac are always known for pushing the systems' limits, with the Ratchet games on PS3&4 and Spider-Man, so seeing what they can do on the PS5 is really exciting to see.

Ps5 man how long is it going to take me to buy that one
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    It'd be weird to have a game released in 2021 but set in 2019, tbh.
    Did they specify which year the first game was set in? Don't really remember them doing that. So they can easily Marvel Time it, and say that Spider-Man PS4 was actually set in 2020, that Devil's Breath was actually the PS4 version of COVID-19.

You can be sure that when the next game comes out, a lot of NPCs will talk about, 'man self-isolation during DB-2020 was a trip' and so on.

Or alternatively they won't mention the year the PS4 is set in and go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Ps5 man how long is it going to take me to buy that one
    Depending on COVID-19 and so on, it might take a bit longer. Game development is something you can move home, more than any other media, so it won't be as disruptive there, but it will be disruptive to some extent. Insomniac have two offices, one in Durham North Carolina, and another in Burbank California. A lot of its employees would be either residents of those places, or people who rent in those places. So it is subject to the US Federal Government's weak institutional response to this crisis, same as everyone else in USA.

Dual ports are usually done for games announced and released in the very last year of console's cycle. For example, the original Last of Us was released in the tail-end of PS3 and transition to PS4, so it had dual port. The sequel The Last of Us Part II will also be similar, tail-end of PS4 and transition to PS5. Basically any game that has been announced so far, whether it's Elden Ring by From Software or the next Assassin's Creed game, you can expect that to be PS4 and PS5 compliant, but anything beyond that, unlikely. The next Spider-Man game by Insomniac hasn't been announced yet.

At the same time, PlayStation loves its console exclusives. It's built a solid library from Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, to God of War series, to Bloodborne, to Uncharted and TLoU, and Horizon Zero Dawn. It will definitely want an exclusive tailored to PS5. And who better than Spider-Man.

I mean Spider-Man on PS5 would be like the anticipation over Arkham Knight on PS4 and Xbox 1. I remember the excitement over that, and it certainly did deliver on PS4, huge open-world map with interiors and exteriors that were navigable and without any loading times. The next PS5 game is supposed to be "no loading times" so that means less of those admittedly cool-looking screengrabs between screen changes.

In fact I read that the PS5 tech launch last week had them see the Spider-Man PS4 run on PS5, so most likely we will be seeing the previous game remastered for the next console, in the same way others were before.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 03-22-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was thinking that too, although most people would see that coming unless they try and hide Eddie is in the game as hard as they tried to hide Doc Ock.
    I think marketing would be similar to first game, since in first game, there're barely any promotion or mention that Otto Octavius would be in the game.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Did they specify which year the first game was set in? Don't really remember them doing that. So they can easily Marvel Time it, and say that Spider-Man PS4 was actually set in 2020, that Devil's Breath was actually the PS4 version of COVID-19.

You can be sure that when the next game comes out, a lot of NPCs will talk about, 'man self-isolation during DB-2020 was a trip' and so on.

Or alternatively they won't mention the year the PS4 is set in and go with that.
    The game is set in 2018.
    The fight with Crusher Hogan is in August of 2010 and Uncle Ben's tombstone says that he died in 2010. Peter has been active for 8 years when the game begins in October. Aunt May's tombstone also reiterates this as it also reads she that she died in 2018. So while I don't think they give a date in dialogue, the world is very much under the impression that it is set in 2018 in addition to the developers confirming that Peter has been active for 8 years by that point.

EDIT: Spider-man's in-game bio also states he's been active for 8 years and since he comments he beat Crusher Hogan shortly after gaining his powers and that's set in 2010, the game is set in 2018.
    Last edited by SuperiorIronman; 03-26-2020 at 09:01 PM.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    The game is set in 2018.
    The fight with Crusher Hogan is in August of 2010 and Uncle Ben's tombstone says that he died in 2010. Peter has been active for 8 years when the game begins in October. Aunt May's tombstone also reiterates this as it also reads she that she died in 2018. So while I don't think they give a date in dialogue, the world is very much under the impression that it is set in 2018 in addition to the developers confirming that Peter has been active for 8 years by that point.

EDIT: Spider-man's in-game bio also states he's been active for 8 years and since he comments he beat Crusher Hogan shortly after gaining his powers and that's set in 2010, the game is set in 2018.
    So assuming he became Spider-Man at 16, his canon age in game is 24...I forget if they confirm that somewhere, but I feel like they did.