Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownEntity View Post
    It is the most accurate portrayal and depiction of Spider Man's characters ever .
    Definitely not in Felicia's case.

That was always so weird to me.

Astonishing Member

I don't think its overrated. I think it has a wide appeal because of the time it was released and the material provided. It is the most accurate portrayal and depiction of Spider Man's characters ever as well and also ran the longest. It has aged better than the X-Men though.
    I don't think it has, I think that cartoon was weighed down by the really heavy handed censorship and the reuse of existing footage. Spider-Man not being able to punch people, no one is able to say the word kill (making the dialogue really clunky in parts) and Morbius being the villain for 5 episodes in a row, talking about plasma, is really a slog.

BANNED

even as a kid I knew the 90s Spidey series wasnt in the same class as, say, Batman the Animated Series or Superman.

Spectacular is clearly the best. Its one of the all-time great depictions of Spider-Man, along with Raimi's first two Spider-Men films and the first 100 issues of ASM.

Spectacular Member

1) spiderman 1994
    2) Spectacular spiderman
    3) Spider man the new animated series
    4)Ultimate spider man
    5) Spiderman unlimited
    6) spiderman and his amazing friends
    7) Spiderman 60's

A remake or new show in the spirit of 1994 would be the most amazing thing ever. It hasn't aged well.

Astonishing Member

1. The Spectacular Spider-Man
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    2. Spider-Man (1994)
    -
    -
    3. Everything else.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by murderousjohnny View Post
    A remake or new show in the spirit of 1994 would be the most amazing thing ever. It hasn't aged well.
    But how much Punisher/Aunt Anna interaction would it have?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_flCeYt6x0&t=3m57s

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Definitely not in Felicia's case.

That was always so weird to me.
    I think it still worked pretty well overall though. Especially with Jennifer Hale .

Astonishing Member

I have never watched many Spider-Man cartoons,because most of the times i have been more interested to read just the comics.
    So i have not watched all the Spider-Man cartoons.
    From the ones i watched i would rank it as :

1-Spider-Man 1994.This is about the best cartoon version of Spider-Man i have watched.

2-Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends. Sure the cartoon gets to be a bit silly.But quite fun and quality production values.Plus have the first apearence of Firestar that would be years later introduced in the comics.

3.Spider-Man.Just sligthly less entertaining that Amazing Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.But still a cool animated series of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it still worked pretty well overall though. Especially with Jennifer Hale .
    Tricia Helfer was kind of perfect for the role . . . just maybe not while Peter was still in high school.

So, which member of the Normandy crew do you think will play Black Cat on the new show?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Tricia Helfer was kind of perfect for the role . . . just maybe not while Peter was still in high school.

So, which member of the Normandy crew do you think will play Black Cat on the new show?
    No arguments as far as Tricia Helfer being a great Black Cat .

Well, Ali Hillis already got her shot so maybe it's Kimberly Brooks' turn ?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    But how much Punisher/Aunt Anna interaction would it have?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_flCeYt6x0&t=3m57s
    I'd be totally fine with even more lol but that Liz Allen voice actor has to go. Also I change my mind that show has aged pretty well.
    Last edited by murderousjohnny; 07-03-2017 at 07:49 PM.

Fantastic Member

1. Spectacular Spider-man
    2. Spider-man TAS
    3. Spider-man 67
    4. Spider-man TNAS
    5. Ultimate Spider-man

Haven't seen the others

It is the most accurate portrayal and depiction of Spider Man's characters ever as well and also ran the longest. It has aged better than the X-Men though.
    If by ran the longest, you mean the number of episodes, then Ultimate Spider-man actually surpassed it as it had over 100.

And some of the characters in TAS really weren't portrayed accurately. Particularly Doc Ock after his debut episode.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    I don't think it has, I think that cartoon was weighed down by the really heavy handed censorship and the reuse of existing footage. Spider-Man not being able to punch people, no one is able to say the word kill (making the dialogue really clunky in parts) and Morbius being the villain for 5 episodes in a row, talking about plasma, is really a slog.
    Yeah, the action sequences were pretty lacking and generic for the most part. When you're first about to see the fight between Spidey and Venom, you think there's about to be a brutal showdown between the two, but they barely touch each other and all it really was was a game of chicken with Spidey running and Venom chasing and ended without either one of them getting a scratch. Or when Iron Man arrives in the Venom/Carnage episode you're probably expecting there to be an epic fight with him and Venom. Nope instead they just roll around on the floor. Or you were probably thinking there was about be a kickass fight between Blade and Morbius. Nope, instead they throw stuff at each other and never actually fight.

And as the show went on, about 70% of the footage was footage from past episodes. Like when Spidey fought Doc Ock and Lizard in later seasons, they'd often throw in footage from those villains respective debut episodes. Which was pretty cringe worthy considering Spidey first fought Lizard in the sewers and later fights between the two would cut back to that scene... even if they were fighting in middle of the city.

BANNED

I don't think its overrated. I think it has a wide appeal because of the time it was released and the material provided. It is the most accurate portrayal and depiction of Spider Man's characters ever as well and also ran the longest. It has aged better than the X-Men though.

Everyone who loves it don't think it's overrated and also tend to get upset when it's not at the top, while it hits some high points there are way to many low points and mid-characterization in it for example if you hate the current Black Cat as the Queenpin of crime than how she was portrayed in TAS should drive you further through the roof. As a kid my eyes rolled into the back of my head during the whole "Shocker" screaming fit and I checked out during their version of Secret Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Everyone who loves it don't think it's overrated and also tend to get upset when it's not at the top, while it hits some high points there are way to many low points and mid-characterization in it for example if you hate the current Black Cat as the Queenpin of crime than how she was portrayed in TAS should drive you further through the roof. As a kid my eyes rolled into the back of my head during the whole "Shocker" screaming fit and I checked out during their version of Secret Wars
    when it comes to the 94 spider-man its all about nostalgia when people are rating them its with their Nostalgia glasses on. the best spider-man show is Spectacular by a long shot.