Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Everyone who loves it don't think it's overrated and also tend to get upset when it's not at the top, while it hits some high points there are way to many low points and mid-characterization in it for example if you hate the current Black Cat as the Queenpin of crime than how she was portrayed in TAS should drive you further through the roof. As a kid my eyes rolled into the back of my head during the whole "Shocker" screaming fit and I checked out during their version of Secret Wars
    Why? It's not like she's was turned into a one-note bad guy with vague motivations.

Felicia probably had one of the most significant character developments or arcs of any character on the show.

And she still basically developed from an initial antagonist in Spidey's life to his partner/lover, which is true to the comics.

I think there are definitely elements of the 90's show that haven't aged well but at the same time I think what it was able to accomplish and how true it was to the look and feel of the comics is something that should be appreciated.

But that's just me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    when it comes to the 94 spider-man its all about nostalgia when people are rating them its with their Nostalgia glasses on. the best spider-man show is Spectacular by a long shot.
    I'd go as far to say that Spectacular Spider-Man is the only truly good Spider-Man show.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    when it comes to the 94 spider-man its all about nostalgia when people are rating them its with their Nostalgia glasses on. the best spider-man show is Spectacular by a long shot.
    SPECTACULAR SPIDER MAN is nearly 10 years old. Nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I'd go as far to say that Spectacular Spider-Man is the only truly good Spider-Man show.
    Well, "good" can be subjective.

I'd probably say it's the most well-rounded Spider-Man cartoon, with some great writing.

But I think the 90's show, for all it's faults, was "good" for what it was (which was something special in it's own right) and USM in it's later seasons could be "good."

Quote Originally Posted by murderousjohnny View Post
    SPECTACULAR SPIDER MAN is nearly 10 years old. Nostalgia.
    but it's not 10 years old its ... plus it aged well for being 9 years old

Fantastic Member

Spectacular was the show that paid the most tribute to the original Stan Lee/Steve Ditko issues. It divided itself up into a bunch of mini arcs. It covers Green Goblin stuff, the black suit, Venom, Sinister Six, Doc Ock being the Master Planner and stuff that I probably forgot to mention. It was also the first(and so far only time) that Gwen Stacy was a main character and unlike other shows each character that appeared that had a name was from the comics. Even pretty obscure characters like Sha Shan were used. Not a single one was made up.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    Spectacular was the show that paid the most tribute to the original Stan Lee/Steve Ditko issues. It divided itself up into a bunch of mini arcs. It covers Green Goblin stuff, the black suit, Venom, Sinister Six, Doc Ock being the Master Planner and stuff that I probably forgot to mention. It was also the first(and so far only time) that Gwen Stacy was a main character and unlike other shows each character that appeared that had a name was from the comics. Even pretty obscure characters like Sha Shan were used. Not a single one was made up.
    Other than a few slight changes like Ned Leeds being Ned Lee or Kong being Kenny's actual surname instead of just a nickname.

(And if you want to count Montana being Shocker.)

BANNED

1. Spectacular Spider-Man
    2. The Rest

Spectacular Spider-Man's the only one I've watched all the way through. I couldn't stick with the others for long.

Fantastic Member ZoomZolomonZoom's Avatar

The 90s Spider-Man cartoon literally made me fall in love with the character, it was perfect. Really hope they use those episodes as the inspiration for the MCU movies and future comics.
    My name is Hunter Zolomon. Despite what the public believes, I am the fastest man alive

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

1) Spider-Man 1981 - This and Amazing Friends introduced me to Webhead as a tot, Loved the Romita style art direction, the voices of Spidey and JJJ feel definitive to me.
    2) Amazing Friends - This is the golden age of Saturday morning cartoons right here, loved the kid friendly love triangle of the shows protagonists.
    3) SM:TAS - This and the 90's Batman show took Saturday morning cartoons to a whole 'nuther level. The adaptation of long form comicbook arcs was groundbreaking, the black costume saga was the high point for me, and probably many others.
    4) Spectacular - A great modern re-interpretation, and a great theme song/jingle.
    5) '67 - The greatest ever Spider-Man theme song.... Some of this is pretty naff, but lovable if you watched it as a kid. Personally I really like season three when it gets really trippy with the LSD style skyline.
    5) The New Animated Series - a curio effort set between the two Raimi films. Its computer graphics give it a unique appeal, but MJ did not really feel like MJ to me. I liked 'Indy' the tech sidekick.
    6) Unlimited - Wannabe Spider-Man 2099, this show sucked.
    7) Ultimate - This show REALLY sucked
    8) The new one - This one looks like it sucks even worse.....
    Last edited by Dangerous; 07-09-2017 at 04:31 PM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

2. Spider-Man 1994
    3. Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends
    4. Spider-Man 1967
    5. Ultimate Spider-Man
    6. Spider-Man Unlimited

I still need to track down the 1981 series and watch the MTV seris with NPH.

1) Spectacular Spider-Man
    2) Spider-Man (1994)
    3) Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends
    4) Spider-Man (1981)
    5) Spider-Man (1967)
    6) Spider-Man: The New Animated Series
    7) Spider-Man Unlimited
    8) Ultimate Spider-Man

2. Spider-Man 1994
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    3. Ultimate Spider-Man
    4. Spider-Man Unlimited
    I haven't watched enought of the others to have an opinion about it.

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

Spider-man 1994
    Spider-man 2003(seriously underrated)
    Spectacular Spider-man
    Spider-man 1981
    Spider-man and his Amazing Friends
    Ultimate Spider-man
    Spider-man 1962

and Spider-man unlimited will always be the most awful show of them all.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Spider-Man 1994
    Spectacular Spider-Man
    Spider-Man Unlimited (which I actually enjoy, lol)
    Marvel's Spider-Man
    Spider-Man: TNAS
    Ultimate Spider-Man

I haven't watched any other shows.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man