BANNED

Default Could Mickey Mouse meet the Marvel Superheroes for his 90th birthday ?

Ever since they were brought by Disney in 2009 we have seen various fan art of Mickey and friends meeting the Marvel Superheroes or dressing up like them. With 2018 being his 90th birthday and the release of Avengers Infinity War maybe it's time for an official crossover between the two.

As Marvel fans and Mickey Mouse fans: what do you think of this ?

I wanna see Mickey vs the Punisher.

Let's imagine an alternative universe in which Mickey was a modern Marvel character....

The Sorcerer's Apprentice would have ended with thousands of people being inadvertently drowned by the crazed brooms and the buckets of water.

This would have led to a massive cross-over event which would forever change the Disney/Marvel universe, when a pressure group set up by the grieving relatives would have called for government licensing of all magical operatives, which would eventually have turned into persecution of all magical and quasi-magical Marvel entities. Finally, Doctor Strange, who leads the magical refusenik insurgency, would turn himself in after the Juggernaut runs amok and collapses the US Eastern seaboard.

Mickey, in shame, rechristens himself "Martyr Mickey", and starts spontaneously developing stigmata. Finally, he perishes, in an act of self sacrifice, to be replaced in his ongoing titles by a sombre Goofy.

A few years later, Mickey is resurrected, with no knowledge of the previous events, to do much the same kind of stuff that he did before the events of the crossover "Apprentice War". After a few years of this, though, his reality would be amended by a Cosmic Cube, and he would be retconned into having been the head of the (now victorious) Axis powers during World War II.

Just because Disney owns both properties doe NOT mean that there needs to be a crossover, official or otherwise.

who knows. Obviously DC and Warner Bros. collaborated on these recent one-shots that remake certain Looney Tunes characters to the DC world.

I really don't know how this would fit with Disney and Marvel characters. Ironically Disney sued Marvel due to howard the Duck, decades ago. That would be intriguing to see. written by someone with a knack for satire.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who knows. Obviously DC and Warner Bros. collaborated on these recent one-shots that remake certain Looney Tunes characters to the DC world.
    I was going to cite this as well. That Wonder Woman / Tasmanian Devil looked like fun. So yes, Marvel can do likewise.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Wouldn't be surprised. Don't see why not either, as a one-shot. Not like it has to be canon or anything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

I really don't know how this would fit with Disney and Marvel characters. Ironically Disney sued Marvel due to howard the Duck, decades ago. That would be intriguing to see. written by someone with a knack for satire.
    Have it adapt the Mission Breakout ride of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Have Mickey and his friends and the Guardians of the Galaxy team up and try to escape the Collector's fortress.

How's that for a story, especially given the legacy and timeless of Mickey and his friends would be worthy of the Collector's interest, right ?

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Just because Disney owns both properties doe NOT mean that there needs to be a crossover, official or otherwise.
    I disagree but I would prefer Kingdom Hearts over a comic or cartoon crossover of properties.

kingdom h.jpg

Ooh... Molly hanging out with Merida would be great to see.