Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The same way adult Iceman, adult Beast, adult Angel and, until very recently, adult Cyclops managed to live side by side their younger selves just fine? It'd be stupid if adult Jean is the only one not allowed to be around because of her younger self.

And I agree with King_Thor13, I think adult Jean would be a quite shocking return that could definitely cause a lot of impact. Considering hers and Mar-Vell's are the only returns I'd be even remotely truly excited about, I totally support it.
    I'm not against her return Actually I would like it, she's been in Limbo longer and her teen version is anoying af. I just say that Jeen is being heavily promoted, just lile Tyke used to, reason I think they were quick to kill his older counterpart. In a way these teen version work as some sort of reboot of the characters. Their older counterparts would overshadow them completly and make them poointless, no one cares about the other o5, Bendis brought the o5 from the past because he wanted Jean back only.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    I remember something about how the celestials created the x gene and also created the pentional in baseline humans to develop superpowers like their why bruce banner didnt just die after being hit by the gamma blast or peter parker didnt just of radiation poesoning.
    I only read this stuff in Earth-X, don't know if they ever mentioned this in main MU.(Earth-X used BB and PP as examples in Uatu's dialogues.)
    But Earth-X has many divergences and differences from 616. Like Earth gods are just Aliens whose forms and appearances are shaped by human beliefs. And Terrigene is created by Kree, not King Randac. In following stories, even Elder Gods like Chthon, Set are said to be mere mutates from Celestial experiments.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lollie_poppy View Post
    No it doesn't, there's already a Jean Grey in the x-books, and she has a solo and is the leader of one the flagship titles, I honestly don't see how can adult Jean Grey fit in the current landscape of X-men books with the push Jeen is having right now.
    And yet we do have two Icemen, Angels and Beasts, who I might add, are quite dissimilar. Not to mention how we have different Ironmen, Thors, Hulks etc. And as I've stated elsewhere, of the X-Men, Jean is the most logical resurrection in my opinion. Xavier is redundant, Cyclops hasn't been gone long, and bringing back Wolverine when we have Old Man Logan, X-23, Daken & Jimmy seems like overkill. Jean, on the other hand, has been gone for a number of years. She has great potential to lead the X-Men (something I don't think Kitty is fully capable of). She's a founding member, she's been proven to be very intelligent, and is an Omega level mutant (even without the Phoenix). Her mentor and her lovers are dead. There's potential for a Grey family reunion, with X-Man, Cable & Rachel. And I'm certain Ororo, Bobby, Warren, Hank, Betsy etc. would be very happy to see her back. And she's the antithesis to Emma Frost. Seems to me that's plenty of reason to bring her back.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    And I agree with King_Thor13, I think adult Jean would be a quite shocking return that could definitely cause a lot of impact. Considering hers and Mar-Vell's are the only returns I'd be even remotely truly excited about, I totally support it.
    Most of the obvious resurrections outside of Jean seem pointless to me. I really hope it happens. And if it doesn't, it better be a story I'm invested in. I suppose there's always the possibility Marvel have been overhyping the comeback/s and it's someone a little more outside of the box. Though even then I'm mostly coming up blank. I do wonder

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the argument could be made that, while the adult versions do co-exist, in some ways the younger versions are much more promoted and frequently used then the adult counterparts (I mean, adult Angel was in limbo a long while before Bunn finally resolved things with him in Uncanny and Beast...eh).

Adult Iceman is definitely a big exception to this because he has his own solo book.
    I think adult Hank still stands out too, if nothing else than by how unlikable he's become.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by 2cats View Post

1000000BC Avengers has the potential to explain why Earth is so important when there are more advanced civilizations and more powerful beings in the universe or turn out as Odin babysitting hominid avatars of powerful entities.

Hope Aaron won't end up contradicting himself with so much to cover.
    They explored this in Earth X. Honestly, a lot of concepts from Earth X have been adapted to the 616 over time.

Speaking of, more people should read Earth X.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher