Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    She reforms from her ways. That doesn't negate what she did in the past but it certainly doesn't make her a villain. And "killing people and animals" isn't anything new to the X-Men. Psylocke, Magneto, Sabertooth, Logan, Fantomex, and Bishop are among the few.
    Magneto and Psylocke had long arcs of why and what drove them to change though after going too far. Emma says.."Im a teacher now with alot of money"..thats good enough? Lol.

BANNED

She reforms from her ways. That doesn't negate what she did in the past but it certainly doesn't make her a villain. And "killing people and animals" isn't anything new to the X-Men. Psylocke, Magneto, Sabertooth, Logan, Fantomex, and Bishop are among the few.
    Her reformation and redemption was unconvincing. She did those things gleefully. Of those characters, Sabretooth is the only appropriate comparison, and he is only allowed into the X-Men under special circumstances.

I never got the sense that Emma's past was retconned away during her time with the X-Men. The bad things she did were still very much part of her character - many of the X-Men were still suspicious of her etc. It's not like she was just suddenly Scott Summers's lovey dovey girlfriend - though some writers actually wrote her like that...

Emma caused the death of innocent inhumans by unleashing sentinels on them, and controlling magneto to destroy their ship. How is she still a hero?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Magneto and Psylocke had long arcs of why and what drove them to change though after going too far. Emma says.."Im a teacher now with alot of money"..thats good enough? Lol.
    "I'm a teacher now" ...she was always a teacher. I guess the part where she goes completely crazy, takes over Iceman, gets put in a coma, treated by Xavier then given a school to co-teach didnt happen. She found her spirit of teaching kids in the Gen X class. In actuality, they mostly changed her demeanor (and Banshee sorta).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    I never got the sense that Emma's past was retconned away during her time with the X-Men. The bad things she did were still very much part of her character - many of the X-Men were still suspicious of her etc. It's not like she was just suddenly Scott Summers's lovey dovey girlfriend - though some writers actually wrote her like that...
    Firestar forgave Emma for killing her horse, torturing her physically and psychologically, and estranging her from her father, simply because Prof X trusted Emma(ridiculous). Morrison tried to blame her villainy on mental illness. Then in Fraction's run Emma blamed her abusive father for how she turned out, which completely takes away her agency.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 07-03-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Emma caused the death of innocent inhumans by unleashing sentinels on them, and controlling magneto to destroy their ship. How is she still a hero?
    We're talking Pre-IvX.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Her reformation and redemption was unconvincing. She did those things gleefully. Of those characters, Sabretooth is the only appropriate comparison, and he is only allowed into the X-Men under special circumstances.
    I dont get what's unconvincing about it. Her crappy choices got her kids killed, she went psycho and got treatment, then, through her students and Banshee, learned to become a better person.

Firestar forgave Emma for killing her horse, torturing her physically and psychologically, and estranging her from her father, simply because Prof X trusted Emma(ridiculous). Morrison tried to blame her villainy on mental illness. Then in Fraction's run Emma blamed her abusive father for how she turned out, which completely takes away her agency.

Last edited by Tycon; 07-03-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Emma sweetie I'm so sorry.... literally who cares if it was "unconvincing" she's still has done way more good then she has bad. Like literally ya'll are making it seem as though we want her to be a saint which she is totally not
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

The thing is..youre making it seem her being a villain right now is just not reasonable. She's very selfish. It's in her nature.

BANNED

I dont get what's unconvincing about it. Her crappy choices got her kids killed, she went psycho and got treatment, then, through her students and Banshee, learned to become a better person.
    Maybe I'm jaded, but I don't believe people change that much. Her crappy choices involved murder, kidnapping, torture, extortion, and rape. I think you'll understand if I have trouble seeing Emma as a heroine. People don't just 'go psycho' and get better magically. I mean, they can in a comic, but I think that's bad writing personally.

I get that people like heroine Emma, I do too, but I think it's silly when they act like Emma killing Inhumans and manipulating X-Men isn't who she is.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 07-03-2017 at 04:42 PM.

BANNED

Yeah, the first time I read that I laughed in disbelief. Have you actually read the Firestar mini? Angelica should be roasting Emma for what she did. That issue is a joke.

Emma Frost apologizing and babbling about idealism and altruism? Terrible

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    if this isn't news about the actual Cyclops returning, i'm not really interested. as much as i like Bunn, i hate the O5 and they ruin everything
    I don't hate them. I love them. But it's time for them to go back. Bring back Phoenix and Cyclops. The kid o5 did interesting things and reintroduced Jean Grey to audiences, outed Ice Man as gay, etc. But I feel that they've done pretty much all there is for them to do, and it's time to bring back the adult ones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    The thing is..youre making it seem her being a villain right now is just not reasonable. She's very selfish. It's in her nature.
    True. Her becoming a hero was selfish. After her students were killed, the Hellfire Club's inner circle was also decimated. So her agreeing to be headmistress of Gen X got her backup from the X-Men if she needed it. She joined the main team after Genosha got slaughtered (again, how convenient). She then slept her way up to the top, a position she kept until AvX and Cyclops's great fall. Well, she was still considered an X-Men leader and the trusted her until she massacred Inhumans.

Maybe I'm jaded, but I don't believe people change that much. Her crappy choices involved murder, kidnapping, torture, extortion, and rape. I think you'll understand if I have trouble seeing this Emma as a heroine. People don't just 'go psycho' and get better magically. I mean, they can in a comic, but I think that's bad writing personally.

I get that people like heroine Emma, I do too, but I think it's silly when they act like Emma killing Inhumans and manipulating X-Men isn't who she is.
    There's a fallacy in your argument. It seems you have a bias of not seeing people change that much, which may be why it seems like there is bad writing involved in Emma's redemption. Emma, herself, proclaims that her students changes her. Which is believable as her previous kids, except for Jimmy, were all horrible people. And killing Inhumans and manipulating X-Men isn't what ticked me off, but saying she's doing all this for Scott is what irritated me.