View Poll Results: Who's your favorite replacement?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bucky Barnes

38 52.78%
  • Sam Wilson

26 36.11%
  • American Dream

2 2.78%
  • U.S. Agent

10 13.89%
  • Ultimate Captain America

4 5.56%
  • Other

5 6.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ultimate Cap is the best version out of any option including 616 imho.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Ultimate Cap and John Walker. I am fond of the notion of Captain America being a jerk and not held on some pedestal.

Astonishing Member

Ultimate Cap was just bad ass.

" Surrender? Never! Or do you think that A on my forehead stands for France?"

(Or something along the lines)

BANNED

When I first read Brubaker's run, I actually ended up liking Bucky as Cap more than Steve. Not sure if I'd feel the same way if I were to go back and read it, but that's how I felt back then.

So he'd top the list.

I haven't read enough of Sam as Cap to say whether he tops Bucky.

Sam Wilson for sure. He is my Captain America, more so the Steve. I love how Nick told the story of him dealing with the mantle, and how he made sure that Sam was a different type of Cap to Steve. Steve is someone who believes America will do the right thing, but Sam is more willing to be pro-active with the people he is sworn to protect, hence why he save Whisper and set up that public thingy to allow people to contact him. I really liked that aspect to him. Hope it remains in his new Falcon book.

As for the others, I have read little with Ultimate Cap in, nor the times when US Agent & Bucky took over. I like American Dream though. Kick ass female heroes always rock.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Bucky takes first place while Sam takes second.

Bucky simply had the luxury of having a great writer at the time (especially since Ed Brudabaker brought him back to begin with). I loved how Bucky fought the war on terror against Nazi's, militia, and KGB agents. What made bucky stand out is that his title was a mix of military, espionage and noir feel to the book. What I personally love about Bucky is that he rose above his Winter Soldier days and became a positive role model. Steve was somewhat over privileged in my opinion because every worships him. Bucky had to work his ass off to get the respects of his peers.

Sam also had to work his butt of to earn respect from citizens. What I really loved about him was that he fought against racism in this country. Granted it was slightly biased to demonize most of the police force, but I felt it was also a hard look at this country. Sam had to fight against the grain and it was constantly an uphill battle to the point that managed to go beyond his control. I became a die hard Falcon fan because he also rose above his troubled past to make the world a better place.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

I'm glad you can select multiple options. Voted Bucky and Sam. On the strength of the runs, though, Brubaker's BuckyCap would have my vote. Not a big fan of Remender or Spencer.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja