Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default The Stranger: Swordsman Gauntlet

The Stranger from Stranger of Sword City wishes to test his blades, and his might against some other hardened warriors. The only restriction is that the people he fights are in some way the master of some sort of blade that looks like a sword. Other than that anything goes, and that includes fighting dirty.

The winner is whoever stands triumphant, and for the most part not dead.

Stipulations

- The Stranger as he is after the events of Stranger of Sword City. He is multi-class, and has access to all of his equipment.

- The Stranger fights alone, and can't bring anyone for back up.

Scenarios

Scenario 1) The Stranger fights every swordsman of note that exists in comic books in alphabetical order.

Scenario 2) The Stranger fights every swordsman of note that exists in anime, and manga in alphabetical order.

Scenario 3) The Stranger fights every swordsman of note that exists in videogames in alphabetical order.

Scenario 4) The Stranger fights every swordsman of note that exists in live-action filmography in alphabetical order.

How far does he make it in each scenario?

Who is strongest swordsman he can defeat, and who is the weakest swordsman that can defeat him?

As for music.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Feats for this guy?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

...also, fighting dirty. :P Ugh.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    seconded.

but yeah, what kind of feats does this guy have? because the guy i have in mind is pretty damn beastly.

BANNED

Sometimes you just got to throw sand in someone's eyes. Just ask Anakin Skywalker.

Anyway, the basics about this guy are basically this:

He is half of Lucifel, and is basically the amnesiac soul of the devil. He created the Ark of Eternity a universe in of itself showcasing a lot of space, and time manipulation.

He is able to easily defeat Lineage Types, and take their blood crystals preventing their resurrection. Just for reference even Blue Head. AKA, Cowardly Blue Thunder is light-speed despite only being a two star Lineage Type.

http://i.imgur.com/IiQHo4b.jpg

In terms of raw power by the end of the videogame he is powerful enough to defeat Dragon King Peide. The creator of both Escario, and Earth (along with their universes). As well as alternate versions of them. He also created the White Palace which seems to be a universe.

http://i.imgur.com/zlCnjiq.png
    http://i.imgur.com/q691qwC.jpg

Their fight happening in the vacuum of outer space, so they don't seem to need to breath either.

In terms of the mystical, magic weapon and holy weapon lets him destroys spirits and immortals (as well as elementals). The Stranger himself is immortal, and it's noted even within the context of Stranger of Sword City he can't die. As proven by the fact as Lucifel the only thing Peide could do was split him in half, into the Nameless Elder and the Stranger.

A lot of magic nullification, and even protection from magic nullification. I can get screens of the spells, and abilities he has if you want.

so far, seeing a lot of text but no real feats.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    so far, seeing a lot of text but no real feats.
    Stranger of Sword City doesn't have much in the way of cut-scenes, and mostly relies on lore (and fluff) and game-play to convey the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn View Post
    Stranger of Sword City doesn't have much in the way of cut-scenes, and mostly relies on lore (and fluff) and game-play to convey the story.
    well, sadly, that's not saying much.

i mean, he beat a guy who moves at "light speed" but was he moving at light speed when he beat him?

Sometimes you just got to throw sand in someone's eyes. Just ask Anakin Skywalker.
    No, it's that the whole concept of 'fighting dirty' is ugh. Not because it's horrible, but because it's ridiculous. People fight. And in life and death struggles, unless someone has agreed on rules beforehand (who does this, anyway?) there's no such thing as 'fighting dirty'. There's 'fighting to win' and there's 'hampering oneself for whatever reason one has convinced oneself is valid'.

Equally, it's ridiculous that people can use 'fighting dirty' to explain why one fighter can beat another, more skilled fighter (unless the more skilled fighter has had all of their fights under 'rules' and never experienced fighting without rules before, in which case I'd be hesitant to call them 'more skilled').

Anyway...before I go into full 'fighting dirty rant mode'...

So you're getting at the fact that this guy is lightspeed or something and capable of killing universe creators. Fair enough.

Can't think of anyone off-hand.
    Why are we here?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well, sadly, that's not saying much.

i mean, he beat a guy who moves at "light speed" but was he moving at light speed when he beat him?
    He didn't need anything special to fight Blue Head, and it was considered a scrub as far as Lineage Types were concerned.

Blue Head wasn't a flying monster either. It got around by foot so you can't argue it was simply flight speed.

As for the rest explicitly stated that Dragon King Peide is the creator of Escario, and the White Palace. Which is impressive as they seem to be universes with countless stars. Who as I already noted failed to destroy Lucifel, and could only split into the Nameless Elder and the Stranger. The next time when the Stranger fought Peide after the end of the game he won.

He didn't need anything special to fight Blue Head, and it was considered a scrub as far as Lineage Types were concerned.

Blue Head wasn't a flying monster either. It got around by foot so you can't argue it was simply flight speed.

As for the rest explicitly stated that Dragon King Peide is the creator of Escario, and the White Palace. Which is impressive as they seem to be universes with countless stars. Who as I already noted failed to destroy Lucifel, and could only split into the Nameless Elder and the Stranger. The next time when the Stranger fought Peide after the end of the game he won.
    so was he moving at light speed when the stranger beat him?

There's 'fighting to win' and there's 'hampering oneself for whatever reason one has convinced oneself is valid'.
    ...as a side note, valid reasons for people not fighting full-bore to win can include 'because I don't want to go to jail for killing someone' or 'because I'm not emotionally prepared to really hurt someone', or somesuch, so they're not all dumb.

^_^

Just throwing that out there.
    Why are we here?

BANNED

No, it's that the whole concept of 'fighting dirty' is ugh. Not because it's horrible, but because it's ridiculous. People fight. And in life and death struggles, unless someone has agreed on rules beforehand (who does this, anyway?) there's no such thing as 'fighting dirty'. There's 'fighting to win' and there's 'hampering oneself for whatever reason one has convinced oneself is valid'.

Equally, it's ridiculous that people can use 'fighting dirty' to explain why one fighter can beat another, more skilled fighter (unless the more skilled fighter has had all of their fights under 'rules' and never experienced fighting without rules before, in which case I'd be hesitant to call them 'more skilled').

Anyway...before I go into full 'fighting dirty rant mode'...

So you're getting at the fact that this guy is lightspeed or something and capable of killing universe creators. Fair enough.

Can't think of anyone off-hand.
    Mostly, I just put that there to make it clear they're not holding back and are not hampered by their character (whatever it may be).

Anyway I put forth Adol Christin from Ys personally. I wager he should be able to defeat him. Just for some examples as to why:

Adol Christin was able to keep up with, and defeat Dark Fact. As they both fought across the universe the latter created.

He is able to defeat Gruda despite the fact Gruda had absorbed the Akashic Records, and became them. As seen here. Also, he defeated Gruda's spirit afterwards. The latter being as impressive since Gruda was powerful enough to cause the Akashic Records to collapse on themselves. Which recorded all of the past, present, and future. As well as the laws that constructed reality.

Adol the Red defeated Jabir even when he had the philosopher's stone. Which was noted to be powerful enough to destroy all of creation, and this is backed up by the fact we see Jabir create a universe.

As for Adol getting past the Stranger's immortality. He is able to destroy abstracts like Rul-Ende. Which was the root of all existence, and held dominion over life and rebirth.
    Last edited by Gwyn; 07-04-2017 at 10:12 AM.

Mostly, I just put that there to make it clear they're not holding back and not hampered by their character (whatever it may be).
    Bloodlust tends to cover that (unless the OP decides otherwise, and notes it, bloodlust is always on by default).

CIS could be a problem, especially if it includes rigid codes of honor (or whatever one wishes to call it), but that's a different matter.
    Why are we here?

Mighty Member

Adol Christin was able to keep up with, and defeat Dark Fact. As they both fought across the universe the latter created.
    That sure looks like a little guy slowly moving around on a small platform.