View Poll Results: Which X-Couple improved each other the most by being together?

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sean & Moira

19 9.55%
  • Nathan & Neena

1 0.50%
  • Scott & Jean

56 28.14%
  • Remy & Anna Marie

21 10.55%
  • Forge & Ororo

3 1.51%
  • Betsy & Warren

11 5.53%
  • Lorna & Alex

0 0%
  • Rictor & Shatterstar

18 9.05%
  • Emma & Scott

55 27.64%
  • Kitty & Peter

5 2.51%
  • Alison & Longshot

1 0.50%
  • Amanda & Kurt

0 0%
  • Meggan & Brian

4 2.01%
  • Layla & Jamie

5 2.51%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Listen, that's exactly what I mean. Everyone says that Emma cheated on Scott with Namor. Even Scott himself said. But the only innocent one was Jean? Yet again, hypocrisy is exceeding all bounds.
    completely different situations, u know that namor isn't a guy that stops at kissing

Oh, in fact, Scott never really slept with Emma. Scott never cheated on Jean. There was no physical touch. but somehow he's a son of a b**** who cheated on poor Jean.
    phisically no, but that is not important with Emma being a telepathic, It was probably worse for jean than it being phisical

So while I agree that they had their big bumps on the road I think Scott and Emma did bring out the best of each other. Now many would say that Scott became too much like Magneto, but it all had to deal with what was happening at the time. Decimation, Utopia, Messiah Complex. He had to be hard. Emma just wanted to Scott to be a man. She had no other expectation of him. In fact while she was affected by Jean I remember a very poignant scene where he is kissing her but his mind drifts to Jean. And she simply says "You can't help where your mind goes." For Emma, Scott caused her to lower her guard as much as she could for being Emma. While he let her snarky comments and hard edge thinking pass at times, at others he put her in her place. It worked well. They felt together. While it will never reach the level of wholesomeness and just pure love that Jean and Scott had it was a very realisitic look at relationship...you have to work at it.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    completely different situations, u know that namor isn't a guy that stops at kissing
    OPs point is that you can't argue that Emma cheated on Scott with Namor because of a kiss while Jean never cheated with Logan because only kissing. And you can't argue that Namor won't stop at a kiss either, since it was never shown to go further than that.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    OPs point is that you can't argue that Emma cheated on Scott with Namor because of a kiss while Jean never cheated with Logan because only kissing. And you can't argue that Namor won't stop at a kiss either, since it was never shown to go further than that.
    the difference is that emma and namor were shown to have a relationship behind Cyclops back. Jean and Wolverine were never like that

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Moai View Post
    I guess I see it more as potential for romantic feelings, if that makes any sense. Like she could easily develop those kind of feelings if she wanted. After all lot of the main incredients are already there; affection, trust, sexual chemistry. It's a subtle distiction I'm talking about. Between having romantic feelings for someone and having feelings that you know would probably become romantic if you pursued the matter.

I'll say this. I buy Jean/Logan a hell of a lot more than I buy SCott/Emma. With the former there was a friendship, an affection, an attraction to build on.I could, with Scott out of the picture, at least somewhat plausibly, see it grow into a romance. But I could also see the same potential with Jean and Warren. There is a foundation of friendship and caring there even without the romance.

HOWEVER, that does not change what was in the books that saw print. And Logan just never stood a chance because from about UNCANNY 8, the love of Jean Grey's life was SCott Summers.
    Anyone else was a very distant second. That is my interpretation of the character. Up until Morrison, anyway. I'm not arguing since he left because I'm not equipped.

Mind you, this is comics. In the movies, I believe a stronger argument can be made for a real pull between the 2 men. The Claremont novels really accentuate it. Or so I've rad in passages.
    I didn't actual read them. I know his take really put Peter Sanderson off in his review of X3. How equally drawn Jean was in some of his passages.

Here is a scene form X2 that I really thought showcased it. Jean getting ready to leave the plane near the end. She takes one last long look at Scott than one at Logan. Or the order may be reversed, but it was both men. If had been the comics it would have been all about SCott.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Not to mention we got to see a little bit of Scott after Apocalypse was killed and before Grant Morrison, and although he was different, it was nothing like Morrison's depiction of him, especially in terms of his relationship with Jean. I much rather would have seen the Scott we got to see in Eve of Destruction.
    Now that I don't put on Morrison. LObdell was an interim writer while they waited for Morrison start. I would think it incumbent on him to match up with what Morrison wanted. I'm not blaming Lobdell, maybe he didn't know. He was different in another way. Not uber repressed, he was looser. And we really didn't see him interact with Jean. No marital difficulties were mentioned, but we didn't see any romance between them either.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    the difference is that emma and namor were shown to have a relationship behind Cyclops back. Jean and Wolverine were never like that
    WIth the kiss?

Scott cheated on Emma with the Red Queen. Jean and Wolverine had psychic sex around Uncanny X-Men during Morrisons X-Men era when they were trapped in the mindscape. Heavily implied.

As much as I love Emma. She did admit to having a astral sex while he attacked Wakanda.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Now that I don't put on Morrison. LObdell was an interim writer while they waited for Morrison start. I would think it incumbent on him to match up with what Morrison wanted. I'm not blaming Lobdell, maybe he didn't know. He was different in another way. Not uber repressed, he was looser. And we really didn't see him interact with Jean. No marital difficulties were mentioned, but we didn't see any romance between them either.
    We got to see him interact with Logan and his demeanor was completely different than in Morrison's Run. Not to mention he had a few interactions with Jean during Eve of Destruction and there was nothing off between them, unlike in Morrison's run, where every character comments on the tension between them in any alone scene.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Scott cheated on Emma with the Red Queen. Jean and Wolverine had psychic sex around Uncanny X-Men during Morrisons X-Men era when they were trapped in the mindscape. Heavily implied.
    That's not cheating, that's rape. And Emma would know considering one could argue that as Scott's certified therapist (yeah right) she was in a position of power so that can count as rape as well. Not to mention she basically mind-raped the X-Men during Avengers vs X-Men.

There are no implications whatsoever about Jean and Logan having sex. And at least neither of them are rapists unlike a certain fake blonde who has lots of evidence going against her.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    We got to see him interact with Logan and his demeanor was completely different than in Morrison's Run. Not to mention he had a few interactions with Jean during Eve of Destruction and there was nothing off between them, unlike in Morrison's run, where every character comments on the tension between them in any alone scene.
    As I said, no argument he was changed in a different way than Morrison. However, before Lobdell's 4 month run had even started, it was known that Morrison was going to write the book. He is the long term writer. It is not on him to match up with what the interim writer does. It should be on the interim writer to set things up for Morrison's run to start. Like not having conflicting characterization.

I'm not saying that LObdell is necessarily at fault. Perhaps it was editorial. Come to think of it, I believe I emailed him once asking if he knew what Morrison was planning and if he'd been instructed to leave characters a certain way. He said no. That being the case, you can't lay SCott's characterization conflict on him. Still, MOrrison was the new regular writer.

Jean and Scott did not have one real conversation in 4 months of comics after his return. A couple of lines exchanged in the middle of the fight with Magneto is not a conversation. Were we shown problems between them? Absolutely not. But we sure weren't shown that they were back to normal either. Fair is fair. I've got plenty enough to blame Morrison for without stuff that I don't feel is his fault.

Understand, stating that I prefer Lobdell's version of SCott and Jean to Morrison's is the understatement of the century. But Marvel didn't choose him to be the new lead writer of the books in 2001. They chose Morrison. He was hired to set the real new direction for these character.

Heavily implied that Jean and LOgan had psychic sex? I don't think it's even implied, forget heavily. I wouldn't call what Emma did to SCott rape either. Inappropriate perhaps, if you consider her a licensed therapist, but she did not force Scott to participate.

BANNED

Has anyone mentioned some of the relationships, legitimate, implied or purely on a wish basis in regards to the young X-Men?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    As I said, no argument he was changed in a different way than Morrison. However, before Lobdell's 4 month run had even started, it was known that Morrison was going to write the book. He is the long term writer. It is not on him to match up with what the interim writer does. It should be on the interim writer to set things up for Morrison's run to start. Like not having conflicting characterization.

I'm not saying that LObdell is necessarily at fault. Perhaps it was editorial. Come to think of it, I believe I emailed him once asking if he knew what Morrison was planning and if he'd been instructed to leave characters a certain way. He said no. That being the case, you can't lay SCott's characterization conflict on him. Still, MOrrison was the new regular writer.

Jean and Scott did not have one real conversation in 4 months of comics after his return. A couple of lines exchanged in the middle of the fight with Magneto is not a conversation. Were we shown problems between them? Absolutely not. But we sure weren't shown that they were back to normal either. Fair is fair. I've got plenty enough to blame Morrison for without stuff that I don't feel is his fault.

Understand, stating that I prefer Lobdell's version of SCott and Jean to Morrison's is the understatement of the century. But Marvel didn't choose him to be the new lead writer of the books in 2001. They chose Morrison. He was hired to set the real new direction for these character.

Heavily implied that Jean and LOgan had psychic sex? I don't think it's even implied, forget heavily. I wouldn't call what Emma did to SCott rape either. Inappropriate perhaps, if you consider her a licensed therapist, but she did not force Scott to participate.
    It is not up to the interim writer to mold his writing to lineup with what the next writer does. The next writer should follow and build on what the interim writer has done. That is good writing, not disregarding what came before. I have no sympathy for Morrison here. Lobdell should not have to change his writings to accomodate someone who isn't even writing yet (especially since Lobdell has a long history with the X-Men, unlike Morrison).

If a teacher is having sex with his/her underage student, regardless of whether the student consents, than that is legally defined as rape. Scott doesn't have the underage issue (Tyke might though), but Emma was in a position of power over him like a teacher would be over a student. It's entirely unethical for a therapist to take advantage of their patient, especially a married patient, for their own twisted form of revenge. If Emma even is a certified sex therapist (which I believe as much as I believe that she was 27 in Morrison's run lol) than she ought to be disbarred if not face legal charges and maybe even jailtime.