Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 148
  1. #1
    Ribrianne~4~Life!!! ^_^ CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,628

    Unhappy Where In the World is TIGRA?!

    Recent Comic Book Cover Contest made me realize;

    WHERE IS TIGRA?!

    I have not seen or read about Tigra in SOOOO LONG or at least can't remember her last important role in Marvel lately?!

    So this thread is about recent times, has Tigra been in anything, I read all that Marvel Puts out but I can't remember Tigra anywhere recently.

    Also, who else WANTS Tigra Back back More in Marvel and in so where and with who should be with in what books?!





    Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!

    ~~ Brianne De Chateau ~ Episode 102, of Dragon Ball Super!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyHGXMH6HB0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    7,112

    Default

    Haven't a clue where she is. I wouldn't be opposed to having her around more. I stand by my belief that the Avengers are most interesting when they are the unsellables (the characters that can't support their own titles) rather than the superstar team of the most popular characters. Given that, she'd be fine on an Avengers team, I guess. Other than that, I don't know, supporting character in She-Hulk, maybe?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

    I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

    Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member King_Thor13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    She appeared in one panel in Secret Empire. I've been hoping for a West Coast Avengers team for quite a while now, perhaps that'd be a good place for her to be

  4. #4

    Default

    she's part of the resistance; alongside Wonderman, Thing, and Stingray. we've seen her more than once. she ran out to greet the returning Mockingbird-led Avengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    I thought I couldn't love Steve Rogers any more than I already do, but here he is, eating pizza with a fork, just like I do (the only correct way to eat pizza

  5. #5
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Am I the only one who wouldn't mind seeing her return to her human form in her first superheroine identity as The Cat? I know it never sold well but I always find it intriguing to have a superhero who was also a cop.

    I think Marvel should bring both her and Jessica Drew back in a duo book. I can't remember exactly, but when Jessica returned in the pages of the Avengers, she and Greer seemed close and they were also together on the West Coast during some UXM issue I think. I also wanted to see her as a P.I. with Greer as her police informant in a comic book.

  6. #6
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Back on the bridge of the Enterprise.

  7. #7
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    She appeared in one panel in Secret Empire. I've been hoping for a West Coast Avengers team for quite a while now, perhaps that'd be a good place for her to be
    I was going to ask if she'd made a Secret Empire cameo.

    The last time I remember Greer having any kind of meaningful appearance was a guest-spot in Charles Soule's She-Hulk (unfortunately it was in the arc with the worst art, even by that run's standards).

  8. #8
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was going to ask if she'd made a Secret Empire cameo.
    Yep, 2 so far but neither has included dialogue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The last time I remember Greer having any kind of meaningful appearance was a guest-spot in Charles Soule's She-Hulk (unfortunately it was in the arc with the worst art, even by that run's standards).
    Yeah, I think that is it (aside from an appearance in the ULTRON VS ZOMBIES Secret Wars tie-in miniseries...but that's an alternate version of her anyway).

    I'm still waiting for someone to show Tigra's reaction to the whole situation with Hank Pym's death/merge with Ultron. After all, she was the one who was actually in a relationship with him and raising a kid together at the time of his 'death'. But that little detail seems to have been forgotten by everyone somehow.

  9. #9
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I'm still waiting for someone to show Tigra's reaction to the whole situation with Hank Pym's death/merge with Ultron. After all, she was the one who was actually in a relationship with him and raising a kid together at the time of his 'death'. But that little detail seems to have been forgotten by everyone somehow.
    I'm sure it'll come up, in the event she's written by Al Ewing who would actually care to address that kind of continuity .

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    3,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Am I the only one who wouldn't mind seeing her return to her human form in her first superheroine identity as The Cat? I know it never sold well but I always find it intriguing to have a superhero who was also a cop.

    I think Marvel should bring both her and Jessica Drew back in a duo book. I can't remember exactly, but when Jessica returned in the pages of the Avengers, she and Greer seemed close and they were also together on the West Coast during some UXM issue I think. I also wanted to see her as a P.I. with Greer as her police informant in a comic book.
    Yeah, i liked the cat; she was different. Then they made her tigra and took away her spine, and gave patsy walker her suit. Bring back the cat!

  11. #11
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Since all the other staff members have gone off to do other things I imagine she and Jocasta are the only instructors left at Avengers Academy. Or it got shut down after lawsuits because of Avengers Arena and she's busy taking care of her son.

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member King_Thor13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Since all the other staff members have gone off to do other things I imagine she and Jocasta are the only instructors left at Avengers Academy. Or it got shut down after lawsuits because of Avengers Arena and she's busy taking care of her son.
    We wouldn't know. I hate when these things aren't addressed. I'd like to think it remains open, but it's a big question mark

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Am I the only one who wouldn't mind seeing her return to her human form in her first superheroine identity as The Cat? I know it never sold well but I always find it intriguing to have a superhero who was also a cop.

    I think Marvel should bring both her and Jessica Drew back in a duo book. I can't remember exactly, but when Jessica returned in the pages of the Avengers, she and Greer seemed close and they were also together on the West Coast during some UXM issue I think. I also wanted to see her as a P.I. with Greer as her police informant in a comic book.
    I like that idea. I think.Tigra visuals hold her back. The sex kitten thing seems to not align with Marvel's direction plus having a kid is the kiss of death but I would love a relaunch of District X with Greer,Misty, and Bishop.

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member Habis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I'm still waiting for someone to show Tigra's reaction to the whole situation with Hank Pym's death/merge with Ultron. After all, she was the one who was actually in a relationship with him and raising a kid together at the time of his 'death'. But that little detail seems to have been forgotten by everyone somehow.
    Taking into account how everybody reacted, it may be a good thing Tigra wasn't a part of it...

    I mean, everybody knew Pym had merged with Ultron and was alive sonewhere out there... they knew a part of Pym was alive inside Pymtron, because he spared the Avengers and left Earth, which he had basically conquered at that point...

    And what did the Avengers do? They chose to pretend he was dead, made a funeral service, divided his stuff among themselves, and hoped really hard he never came back...

    And when he came back, they panicked; nobody hoped Pym was salvageable... nobody thought there maybe was a way to separate Pym from Ultron...

    Tigra always was very reluctant about her relationship with Pym... I don't think she ever wanted him as more than a one night stand/friend with benefits, but a skrull impregnated her using Pym genetic material, and she got a job working with Pym...

    Her relationship with Pym was really awkward... she was trying to balance being a supportive friend and co-worker to Pym, and allowing him to play an uncle -like role to her kitten, but keeping strict limits so he didn't try to become closer...

    Don't get me wrong, their relationship was good to Pym, but mostly because she was a friend that could accept his flaws without throwing him under the bus but also without tolerating any crap... more therapeutic than loving...

    I think Tigra's reaction to Pymtron would have been utter panic. She would have feared for her baby and would have tried to hide.

  15. #15
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    16,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Since all the other staff members have gone off to do other things I imagine she and Jocasta are the only instructors left at Avengers Academy. Or it got shut down after lawsuits because of Avengers Arena and she's busy taking care of her son.
    Avengers Academy is definitely gone. It would've lost it's funding along with the rest of the Avengers, so it has nothing to do with Arena.

    In fact, when Deadpool checked old bases for the Underground in his solo last month, the bases he checked were all abandoned. One was Thunderbolts Mountain, another was Westchester (the original site of the X Mansion), and I'm pretty sure another was the West Coast Avengers Compound. AKA Avengers Academy's second site.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •