Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's not that hard to just give her clothes lol.
    Basically.
    Even just giving her shorts and tube top/tank top would be fine.

It'd keep her sex appeal but not be as over-the-top as a bikini.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

I miss Tigra too! It be great to see her in a few issues of Marvel-Two in One with the Thing and Human Torch. Maybe there she can find an audiance or build a new fanbase!

As for the bikini....she's covered in fur... seems like a reasonable enough reason to wear something that wont cause her to over heat. But at the same time a new costume would be cool to see visually I guess. Just don't think its a problem. I mean Beast and even the Thing both wore just trunks for decades due to the nature of their transformations and it was never really a problem. *Shrug*

I like the idea of Tigra teamed up with FF members. But Tigra would work well with many characters I believe such as: Valkyrie, Thundra, Hellcat, Beast, Spidey Black Panther, Hellstorm, etc.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 07-06-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Aquaman was a broken character who was changed dramatically in an effort to make him work. now he's sea-Thor; a demi-god w/ an unbreakable element controlling trident who lives in an underwater kingdom but adventures on the surface world. Stingray's the exact opposite of that. he's an unimpressive human who built a much cooler armor to adventure underwater; where nothing relevant happens (imo). if he were from the sea and built an armor to operate on land, he'd be about 5 x more interesting. so the problem is two-fold. Newell doesn't have a tangible personality, yet. and the ocean has even less of a personality. this is all just my personal preference though. I like plenty of characters that other people find uninteresting. I just don't see the potential in an armor wearing cypher who likes to be underwater.
    Oh yeah, there's no "right" or "wrong" opinion of Stingray (or Tigra or anybody else), it's just opinion. I just think he's a cool character with untapped potential (I dug him in the "Doom's Avengers" storyline that has him working with US Agent, Elsa Bloodstone, and others, most recently) who with some development could fill a role with his personality if not his abilities (as Magmaster12 said, he could be a Hank Pym-esque overwhelmed scientist type minus the baggage that's kept that character down for thirty years).

And back on the subject of Tigra, I think she'd be a good "enhanced detective" kind of character, given her cop background, and her history could keep her firmly entrenched in both worlds of magic and street-level happenings. The bikini might be outdated, but I think they had her in a tank top and yoga pants or something on the terrible Avengers cartoon...that could translate to comics that would still keep her on the "sexy" side without going into being unnecessarily gratuitous (and would still allow the furred/striped look to be on display).
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 07-06-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like the idea of Tigra teamed up with FF members. But Tigra would work well with many characters I believe such as: Valkyrie, Thundra, Hellcat, Beast, Spidey Black Panther, Hellstorm, etc.
    Like all of those ideas.
    I would love to see her team-up with Luke Cage and Iron Fist. Hitting the mean streets of NYC on a drug bust or something.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Like all of those ideas.
    I would love to see her team-up with Luke Cage and Iron Fist. Hitting the mean streets of NYC on a drug bust or something.
    Thanks.

I forgot Luke and Danny! But I agree that the NYC team up would be great.

Maybe a Nighthawk and Moon Knight adventure also.

Nighthawk died last week in Occupy Avengers. Nightshade is wearing his costume now.

Honestly I've been wondering this too. She's one of my favorite Marvel heroines, loved her in Avengers Academy. She's shown up in like 2 panels of Secret Empire so far and I'm just praying she won't be killed off. Hoping for a West Coast Avengers or so myself.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Oh yeah, there's no "right" or "wrong" opinion of Stingray (or Tigra or anybody else), it's just opinion. I just think he's a cool character with untapped potential (I dug him in the "Doom's Avengers" storyline that has him working with US Agent, Elsa Bloodstone, and others, most recently)
    I'm a huge fan of Stingray. For someone at his power level to have Tiger Shark as a nemesis (someone who generally fights people like Namor), and not be dead, is kind of impressive.

As for Tigra, I wish she had a somewhat more consistent set of appearances. Back in the '80s', she could lift 5 tons and was almost twice as strong as Luke Cage (who could lift 3 tons). Then Bendis got his hands on them, and Luke Cage is vastly stronger, and Tigra can be overpowered by a man with no superhuman strength at all. Ugh.

I think she's got a lot of potential, particularly if a writer chooses to explore her connections to the demon cat-people, and perhaps takes her in a more supernatural direction. I wouldn't want her to be a sorcerer or anything, but finding out that she can tap into some of the demon cat-people stuff, like sensing mystical threats, to become a sort of supernatural protector or 'predator of predators' protecting the mean streets from vampires, werewolves, etc. could be neat.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    I didn't see anyone mention it so I'll go ahead and address the gorilla (cat?) in the room: Tigra is a twitter-fueled SJW uproar waiting to happen. Background noise is fine ... main character I can already hear the "fury in a bikini" uproar akin to the spider woman cover from just one bad panel.

So until they can figure out how to re-invent her appearance I don't see her mainlining anything soon. Not trying to be a hater, but I imagine that's a big factor.
    There is actually a good reason she wears so little. She is covered in fur. Imagine how hot she would get if she wore a more covering costume over all that fur? She would be miserable all the time. It would be like a normal person running around with 2 or 3 pairs of longjohns on under there normal clothes all the time.

Yeah I definitely get that but I mean, DC can have Cheetah going around wearing nothing so I don't know if it's that different but I do agree that Twitter will be enraged since that's the thing to do nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's not that hard to just give her clothes lol.
    Well, someone should cover themselves up in fur, wear several kind of clothes and do exercise on those clothes; then report which ones didnt feel as a oven, besides the obvious like lingerie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Marvel Adventures turned her bikini into a one-piece. Maybe that could work ?
    Nah, they wont be happy until she is as covered as Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    if the bikini's an issue, give her a shorts and crop top combo similar to what they did to She-Hulk
    She-Hulk gets a pass because she is a hulk; also that Hulk would look ridiculous in a flannel shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    There is actually a good reason she wears so little. She is covered in fur. Imagine how hot she would get if she wore a more covering costume over all that fur? She would be miserable all the time. It would be like a normal person running around with 2 or 3 pairs of longjohns on under there normal clothes all the time.
    Reasons matter little, Quiet from Metal Gear breaths through her skin; and they still complained.

Invincible Member

I think the bikini is almost a non-issue. As a few people pointed out, it was fleshed out to little shorts and a sports bra for a kid's show and no one a had a problem. It'd take no effort to turn it into a one piece. Or just get an artist who can draw a woman in a bikini without making it look like Penthouse.

Plus even though she doesn't have a regular comic now, Shanna hasn't had too many problems the few times she's popped up during recent years.
    Last edited by ed2962; 07-06-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Tigra should have been part of The Crew.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Good question.....in fact, it would be interesting to see William (Tigra's son's name) back into the (616) MU-Prime and being almost a teenager {since it was once mentioned that the Cat People do grow older at a different rate than humans} should a proposal for A TIGRA Mini/Ongoing come about.
    I would prefer to see a team up with grown up verisions of him, Gerald Drew, Jubilee's son and Captain America Danielle Cage.