Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    The Cat was never a cop; her husband was -- in Chicago, though that seems to have been retconned to NY. (Yes, I know Tigra became and maybe still is a cop.)

The Cat's book only lasted four issues. But I loved her.

Sandy Hausler
    See the Tigra series by Christina Z and Mike Deodato. It's mostly forgotten and got some details of her origin incorrect (had Bill as a NYC cop). In that series -- Greer became a cop. She saw a bit of action in her civilian identity -- which was nice to see. I think Captain America attended her graduation ceremony. This was a promising development for the character -- but mostly left untouched by writers since then.

Updated: I see that you were aware of that development. Never mind, then. I think the Cat was a good character in her debut -- but issues 2-4 of her series won't very well written. Most people probably prefer Hellcat these days -- and while I like the wish-fulfillment aspect of the character -- Hellcat was never as good as the Cat.
    Last edited by kcekada; 12-28-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Tigra is one of the few characters that I don’t mind the bikini look on. I always found it strange when they put extra clothing on furry heroes. Isn’t that redundant? (Not to mention uncomfortable)

Imagine you had a very course fur jacket that you couldn’t take off no matter what. Would you then put an additional layer of clothing on? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Tigra is one of the few characters that I don’t mind the bikini look on. I always found it strange when they put extra clothing on furry heroes. Isn’t that redundant? (Not to mention uncomfortable)

Imagine you had a very course fur jacket that you couldn’t take off no matter what. Would you then put an additional layer of clothing on? Probably not.
    My Facebook feed is full of dogs in ugly Christmas sweaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    My Facebook feed is full of dogs in ugly Christmas sweaters.
    Pretty sure the dogs didn't put those sweaters on themselves.

Still Tigra doesn't have to wear a bikini for comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Modern Marvel covering up all women. *Sigh*
    If we cannot have an editorial directive to rein in artists from pandering depictions of the 2 piece outfit, I'd rather a happy medium to the overcompensation of putting her in leggings....and GLOVES???

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    And what ever happened to will Meugniot, who used to draw her?

Sandy Hausler
    He did DNAgents for Eclipse Comics in the 80's. Unsure what he's done since the 90's. He may have left comics?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    If we cannot have an editorial directive to rein in artists from pandering depictions of the 2 piece outfit, I'd rather a happy medium to the overcompensation of putting her in leggings....and GLOVES???
    While these illustrations are tasteful and modest, I guarantee you someone like Ed Benes can make this design look cringe worthy.

BANNED

Don't know why I thought of this

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    He did DNAgents for Eclipse Comics in the 80's. Unsure what he's done since the 90's. He may have left comics?
    He was involved with some animated series in the 80s, and maybe 90s. He may retired. Loved his work, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    While these illustrations are tasteful and modest, I guarantee you someone like Ed Benes can make this design look cringe worthy.
    OF COURSE, and there's the rub: The 2 piece isn't necessarily overly cleavage bearing and sexualized, but in can be portrayed in such a way. The same holds for pretty much any costume in the hands of an artist that is determined to go in that direction. IIRC, there are some depictions of the X-Men character Dust...WHO WEARS A HIJAB (almost burqa)...where artists still fell into the habit of trying to show off feminine curves under the garment which is engineered to do the opposite.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    OF COURSE, and there's the rub: The 2 piece isn't necessarily overly cleavage bearing and sexualized, but in can be portrayed in such a way. The same holds for pretty much any costume in the hands of an artist that is determined to go in that direction. IIRC, there are some depictions of the X-Men character Dust...WHO WEARS A HIJAB (almost burqa)...where artists still fell into the habit of trying to show off feminine curves under the garment which is engineered to do the opposite.
    I completely agree

Spectacular Member

IDk, but she is hot. Give her a solo make it like classic She-Hulk without the 4th wall breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    He was involved with some animated series in the 80s, and maybe 90s. He may retired. Loved his work, though.
    I agree. Will Meugniot has always been a favorite of mine, and he was certainly a big part of making Tigra one of my favorite Marvel characters.

Sandy Hausler

Tigra needs to be brought into a future movie. That would be good. Give her a science origin, or Inhumans terrigen mist is fine. I can do without the entire cat-people society.

Incredible Member

There's a always a chance they'll go the Ultimates route and make Patsy Tigra.