Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Tigra needs to be brought into a future movie. That would be good. Give her a science origin, or Inhumans terrigen mist is fine. I can do without the entire cat-people society.
    You remind me of the days of speculation following the Terrigenesis event on AGENTS OF SHIELD regarding Raina. There was a vocal contingent hoping/believing that she was transitioning into Tigra based on the glimpse of her emerging from her Inhuman Cocoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    You remind me of the days of speculation following the Terrigenesis event on AGENTS OF SHIELD regarding Raina. There was a vocal contingent hoping/believing that she was transitioning into Tigra based on the glimpse of her emerging from her Inhuman Cocoon.
    oh wow. Curious. Ah well. Interesting what could have been, lol.

PUNISHER #225 next week! Is this a new look for her too?
    http://www.comicosity.com/preview-the-punisher-225/

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    PUNISHER #225 next week! Is this a new look for her too?
    http://www.comicosity.com/preview-the-punisher-225/
    Looks like the same look from Secret Empire, or a version of it. I think she looks pretty cool!
    She's not all covered so her movements are hindered, but at the same time she isn't wearing a freaking bikini.
    I also like the ponytail.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Yeah, I dig this sporty look that she's been wearing lately. Here's hoping for a cameo or something in the new West Coast Avengers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    getting knocked up by not-Pym was a death kiss.
    I don't want to say it is or it isn't, because I kind of like the recent uptick in the number of superhero moms out there. But the fact that Tigra seemed to have maybe the last of the truly weird Marvel pregnancy plots probably doesn't help. I mean, Jessica Jones, Spider-Woman and even Smasher's various journey's to motherhood seemed reasonably normal despite some fantastical elements. But Tigra's "She was impregnated by Hank Pym, but it wasn't really Pym because it was an alien. Only the baby isn't half-alien because the alien daddy was using Hank Pym's DNA to completely change into Pym" thing feels like it's up there with Marcus, the Celestial Messiah and Wanda's disappearing twins.

Beyond that, Greer's always been a tough sell. She only went four issues as the Cat. She got transformed into Tigra and became a more supernatural character (she was Felicia from Darkstalkers before Darkstalkers was even a thing). Then, the horror mags folded and she became more of a jungle adventure character. Then that didn't work, so she became more of a mainstream superhero on the West Coast Avengers. Then, her mini by Christina Z tried to revamp her into more of a sexy crime fiction type of character. And then, well, you know the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I don't want to say it is or it isn't, because I kind of like the recent uptick in the number of superhero moms out there. But the fact that Tigra seemed to have maybe the last of the truly weird Marvel pregnancy plots probably doesn't help. I mean, Jessica Jones, Spider-Woman and even Smasher's various journey's to motherhood seemed reasonably normal despite some fantastical elements. But Tigra's "She was impregnated by Hank Pym, but it wasn't really Pym because it was an alien. Only the baby isn't half-alien because the alien daddy was using Hank Pym's DNA to completely change into Pym" thing feels like it's up there with Marcus, the Celestial Messiah and Wanda's disappearing twins.

Beyond that, Greer's always been a tough sell. She only went four issues as the Cat. She got transformed into Tigra and became a more supernatural character (she was Felicia from Darkstalkers before Darkstalkers was even a thing). Then, the horror mags folded and she became more of a jungle adventure character. Then that didn't work, so she became more of a mainstream superhero on the West Coast Avengers. Then, her mini by Christina Z tried to revamp her into more of a sexy crime fiction type of character. And then, well, you know the rest.
    personally, I wish that the skrull had just taken a civilian form. there's nothing wrong with Tigra becoming a mother. but did they have to use a popular character's face to accomplish this? it's kind of sick. it's not like she and Pym were dating in the lead up to Bendis' run.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I'm glad she showed up somewhere but I think the new look is a little lackluster.

at least it's not the skimpy bikini of old-- it would be protested.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    personally, I wish that the skrull had just taken a civilian form. there's nothing wrong with Tigra becoming a mother. but did they have to use a popular character's face to accomplish this? it's kind of sick. it's not like she and Pym were dating in the lead up to Bendis' run.
    It's more the alien thing that I take issue with. Because you know some writer is going to forget about the "completely human DNA" thing and turn it into a weird alien plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    at least it's not the skimpy bikini of old-- it would be protested.
    By whom? The people likely to protest have realized that they have nothing to gain from the comic industry and moved on to greener pastures. It's not 2015 anymore.

Incredible Member

Reminds of her costume for United we Stand.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    I'm glad she showed up somewhere but I think the new look is a little lackluster.
    Agreed. Not too crazy about the new look (or at least how that artist depicts it).

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Agreed. Not too crazy about the new look (or at least how that artist depicts it).
    Yeah, I feel like the task was to put Tigra in a less revealing costume and all sense of visual appeal was sort of an after thought.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    By whom? The people likely to protest have realized that they have nothing to gain from the comic industry and moved on to greener pastures. It's not 2015 anymore.
    There's a small but vocal...very vocal contingent of comic readers who are vehemently opposed to any skin or fur as the case may be, showing on a female character.