Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Yeah, I dig this sporty look that she's been wearing lately. Here's hoping for a cameo or something in the new West Coast Avengers.
    Referring to the outfit as "sporty" reminds me of who Tigra reminds me of wearing it and the ponytail... TIGRESS (Artemis Crock DC comics, daughter of Sportsmaster and the original Huntress/Tigress)

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    There's a small but vocal...very vocal contingent of comic readers who are vehemently opposed to any skin or fur as the case may be, showing on a female character.
    Yeah, and those people have all found something new to be outraged about and have moved on. Like I said, it's not 2015 anymore.

Why is Tigra not orange, furry and where are her black stripes? The above pic looks like a typical human woman, not Tigra, the Were-Woman!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Why is Tigra not orange, furry and where are her black stripes? The above pic looks like a typical human woman, not Tigra, the Were-Woman!
    That isn't Tigra. That's Tigress from DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That isn't Tigra. That's Tigress from DC.
    Ah, thanks, Agent Z, lol!

I thought something radical happened to Tigra! Or bad artwork making her appear human.

I remember the Tigress from DC looking much different, more like the original Cheetah.

In which book do you guys think Tigra should get a regular role in?
    With the lack of Avengers books, I'm drawing a blanK. WCA would have made sense if it wasn't going in such a different direction from the original.

Astonishing Member

I'm not a fan of any Avengers books these days, so I have no idea where she'd fit best. Maybe a solo series -- not something aimed at preteen girls like Hellcat and Squirrel Girl, but something closer to her series in Marvel Chillers.

Avengers West Coast would have been a good fit for her -- but the announced lineup -- ugh!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    PUNISHER #225 next week! Is this a new look for her too?
    http://www.comicosity.com/preview-the-punisher-225/
    Bad writing!

Tigra is very quick and agile -- and has enhanced senses. She'd be able to see that coming. But I know -- comics.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    In which book do you guys think Tigra should get a regular role in?
    With the lack of Avengers books, I'm drawing a blanK. WCA would have made sense if it wasn't going in such a different direction from the original.
    I think it could work having her make an appearance in either of the Avengers titles. I'm not sure what's going on with the Defenders but that makes sense to me. A guest shot in Spirits of Vengeance works too. I'd really like to see her get a solo mini though.

Did she just leave the gym? I hope that isn't a new "costume" for her.

She needs a costume similar to Feral and Thornn - Something that shows her fur, but isn't a swimsuit or underwear.

They should also show Greer un-powered most of the time.....turning to Tigra only when absolutely necessary.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    They should also show Greer un-powered most of the time.....turning to Tigra only when absolutely necessary.
    I agrree. That's mostly how her mini-series treated her. It's more interesting to see a character that transforms than one that is locked in their other shape. Except for the Thing -- because his is a tragic story -- though to be honest, I wouldn't mind if they allowed him to transform as well.

The biker shorts/ponytail/gym look is horrible. I don't think long pants make sense either. Really what is the problem with a swimsuit -- as long as it's not a thong? She's already showing no skin!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Did she just leave the gym? I hope that isn't a new "costume" for her.

She needs a costume similar to Feral and Thornn - Something that shows her fur, but isn't a swimsuit or underwear.
    Only with Tigra can we consider gym clothes more "costume" than she normally sports.

Astonishing Member

Always thought the obvious way to go with Tigra is use the design she had in Marvel Adventures.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Greer_Grant_(Earth-20051)

To be honest it's the one I always imagine her in as it works for her and also isn't just a random bikini.

The gym shorts and sports bra look doesn't really bother me. It's not any more ridiculous than a beach bikini. So long as she keeps her talisman. Literally the only part of her costume that serves any function to her identity.