Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Default DCEU the Lois Lane part :mad:

Hey everyone,
    i was wondering if im really the only one that gets so mad at lois lane in the movies that i already hate amy adams? In my opinion shes not even that hot but im not here to complain about this, but i think she gets a big part of the story that she actually doesnt deserve. When you see man of steel, we almost see half through the movie about 60% screen time and even after, it gets me mad that zods crew want her on the spaceship too!!!!??!!!! Not only that, but its so lame that shes doing the extreme reporter i dont know what to say its annoying for me. In BvS again the same crap, Lois Lane here and there asking this and that, wanting to find the truth blablablah. i hope im not the only one with this opinion

btw. i think she will die in the next movies

I admire the diplomacy of not putting this in the Superman thread.

You most likely not the only one with this opinion of Lois, but I'd place a hefty bet at odds that it's a decidedly minority view.

Lois for me is one of the great comic characters, for me up there with Shayera Thal as DC's best female character.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 06-21-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by riddlingBat View Post
    Hey everyone,
    i was wondering if im really the only one that gets so mad at lois lane in the movies that i already hate amy adams? In my opinion shes not even that hot but im not here to complain about this, but i think she gets a big part of the story that she actually doesnt deserve. When you see man of steel, we almost see half through the movie about 60% screen time and even after, it gets me mad that zods crew want her on the spaceship too!!!!??!!!! Not only that, but its so lame that shes doing the extreme reporter i dont know what to say its annoying for me. In BvS again the same crap, Lois Lane here and there asking this and that, wanting to find the truth blablablah. i hope im not the only one with this opinion

Lois is an essential Superman character and her role as a reporter is very important to both films. I don't exactly see what you're mad about.

Sounds like you just hate Lois Lane in any incarnation. The whole "intrepid reporter who puts herself in danger for a scoop" thing is pretty much her defining trait in every medium.

I can understand not liking the recent Superman movies, a lot of people don't. But I find your extreme dislike for Lois kind of strange.

And for the record I think Amy Adams is gorgeous.

Extraordinary Member

And for my side, Amy Adams in MOS proved the worth in the character and is the best depiction of the character outside of the comics. Older versions tend to focus on Lois being a damsel in distress and a love interest, aka the Silver Age portrayal, and I find that boring. MOS Lois got to actually contribute to the plot via agency, and quite frankly more writers need to realize that the reporter part of Lois and Clark makes a perfect exposition and mystery vehicle.

Also, she was Post-Crisis Lois throughout MOS. Competent reporter capable of action? Check. Knows who Clark is? Check. Shoots badguys? Check! Give me that a thousand times!

Maybe you're being thrown off by a more ensemble approach to Superman? I sometimes think Silver Age fanboys complain about everyone being written with a brain and skills, because they think it takes away from Superman. And I will say that I think they could have handled her better in BvS, but that's 'cause I think she should have punched a few terrorists and such.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

At least she didn't do something lame, like die in her car during an earthquake...You have got to be Kidder me that she went that way...LAME...The only thing lamer would be to spin the earth backwards to turn back time to make sure it didn't happen...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    And for my side, Amy Adams in MOS proved the worth in the character and is the best depiction of the character outside of the comics. Older versions tend to focus on Lois being a damsel in distress and a love interest, aka the Silver Age portrayal, and I find that boring. MOS Lois got to actually contribute to the plot via agency, and quite frankly more writers need to realize that the reporter part of Lois and Clark makes a perfect exposition and mystery vehicle.

Also, she was Post-Crisis Lois throughout MOS. Competent reporter capable of action? Check. Knows who Clark is? Check. Shoots badguys? Check! Give me that a thousand times!

Maybe you're being thrown off by a more ensemble approach to Superman? I sometimes think Silver Age fanboys complain about everyone being written with a brain and skills, because they think it takes away from Superman. And I will say that I think they could have handled her better in BvS, but that's 'cause I think she should have punched a few terrorists and such.
    Heh. As a Silver Ager, I always thought Lois then had a lot of moxie, and was damn near Bat-level in her quick wits and thinking. The Bat family were always the worlds best detectives, but the Super-family were no slouches, either....

I have a huge crush on Amy Adams, so stopped reading the OP pretty quickly.

All-New Member

im not hating on the superman movies, i love them both, especially bvs. maybe im just the only one who sees it like that... to the part that lois is like that from the comics i get it, but still for me as a big batman fan, i saw too much in the movie from her... my opinion tho

Quote Originally Posted by riddlingBat View Post
    Hey everyone,

FTR, I think AA is quite hot and easily the most attractive Lois yet. Of course that's subjective and I personally dig red-heads.

Retired

I guess this belongs in the DC Universe section because Lois is due to appear in the JUSTICE LEAGUE movie, making her not just a Superman supporting character. But the number of supporting characters (eveyone except Steve Trevor?) that are due to be in JUSTICE LEAGUE makes me wonder if they're going to do a turn on an old Gardner Fox story.

I was okay with Amy Adams as Lois Lane until I saw Chris Pine as Steve Trevor. He shows everyone how it should be done. He's no Gary Stu.

Erica Durance was perfect. A shame that Smallville was so blé most of the time.

Amy Adams is an Oscar-winning actress. She's too good for this dreck.

Also, Dana Delaney was the best Lois.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I guess this belongs in the DC Universe section because Lois is due to appear in the JUSTICE LEAGUE movie, making her not just a Superman supporting character. But the number of supporting characters (eveyone except Steve Trevor?) that are due to be in JUSTICE LEAGUE makes me wonder if they're going to do a turn on an old Gardner Fox story.

I was okay with Amy Adams as Lois Lane until I saw Chris Pine as Steve Trevor. He shows everyone how it should be done. He's no Gary Stu.
    Lois wasn't a Mary Sue at all. She fucked up alot because she is hard-headed as all hell. Its her major flaw. She is highly competent but often overestimates herself in the course of getting a scoop and can get into dangerous situations.

If the person she was chasing down was not superman she could have gotten hurt real bad outing an alien like she almost did. And going out of her way to a war-torn region got her and her camera-man captured and the camera man killed before superman could get there. There is a reason why things like that don't happen alot nowadays, that is because alot of reporters made Lois's mistake and got killed for it that makes alot of people cautious.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Amy Adams elevates BvS from not-watchable to very-watchable. She's one of those actresses that can make anything seem captivating and truthful. 'The Fighter' is one of my favorite flicks for this reason.

As Lois Lane she's a dreamcast. I just wish the film met her at least halfway in terms of quality.