Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    I think it has to be done well, with some effort on the part of the writer. I agree, in that I enjoy human interaction when written well.

Right now, there are, once again, way too many mutant characters running around, Guggenheim has his work cut out for him to vary the focus around the main team members. So far, it's been essentially about Kitty. That's a throwback to the formula that's gotten the books to this impasse. Before, it was Cyclops and Wolverine. Now, it's Kitty in Gold and Jean in Blue.

I miss books like Excalibur, that had a rotating focus. It was impossible to look at the core 5 and pick out one of them that the story revolved around all the time. That's what I want to see happen again. I really hope Guggenheim will adjust his style to achieve that.

Anyway, to return to the point, when there is a strong varying focus, and all the core team members feel important to the story, I think it's a lot easier to introduce external (human) supporting characters. Right now, "supporting characters" are on the team

I do like that the Rachel/Kurt thing brings a soap opera element to the book. I've missed that. I think that element was an integral part of the X-Men's success in the past.
    Not a throwback, a LEGACY

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Not a throwback, a LEGACY
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    I agree. It's clear when Ray arrived in the 616, she saw Kurt as her uncle. A lot has happened since that, but I don't think it's realistic that people all of a sudden develop romantic feelings for people they regard as family. It's creepy.
    I dunno if this counts as "all of a sudden". Both characters have had yeeeeeeeeaaars to develop an attraction to each other, as well as a close friendship outside of Rachel's alternate future.

Also:
    ****: Logan - i hear he's amazing in bed
    Marry: Colossus - i dig beefy emo artist types
    Kill: Nightcrawler - i'm sure he's great in bed AND a good husband, but i'd be attracted to the other two more.

It was nice to see dust and rockslide for a few panels; i thought dust had graduated and moved on. Otherwise, i was a bit confused by two different plots dividing the xmen; romantic pairings just casually thrown in, and oh, look! nightcrawler's being attacked by a mob, again. Really guys?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    It was nice to see dust and rockslide for a few panels; i thought dust had graduated and moved on. Otherwise, i was a bit confused by two different plots dividing the xmen; romantic pairings just casually thrown in, and oh, look! nightcrawler's being attacked by a mob, again. Really guys?
    So did Armor, Anole, Pixie, Glob, Rockslide, Ernst, and Martha (and arguably Prodigy, Laura, and Match) but "lol we need more students so we'll stifle all character growth and kill off any new students we do make"