Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SHIELD Vol. 2...what happened?

So, I'm SURE this has been answered somewhere, before, but I did a search and didn't find an answer, so I thought I'd ask here.

I was going through my longboxes, putting together a 'mini-collection' of "Hickman's Marvel Universe" for a friend, and realized that SHIELD, Vol. 2 never got concluded...do we know why? Will it ever get it's final two issues? If not...why not?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member

There have been some additional updates since that article. #5 has been written and drawn while #6 is currently being drawn. Out early next year I hope.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    There have been some additional updates since that article. #5 has been written and drawn while #6 is currently being drawn. Out early next year I hope.
    And we should expect a title change to avoid confusion with Waid's SHIELD that debuts in January.

Incredible Member

Have they said that? But yeah, I guess it could get a bit confusing.

That's awesome, thanks, man! I wonder if the conclusion will have anything to do with what's going on in the current Marvelverse, with the incursions and such...

Currently, Fraction has the front running on the Omega Council triggering Silver Age Super humans emerging on Earth deliberately, straight after SHIELD imploded. But if HICKMAN has an alternative rendering that SHIELD triggered the Super Heroes appearing in the Silver Age, that would be okay too.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Man, I had even forgotten that this series didn't finish. I bought the lot up until it vanished.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

It's kind of weird that it's been held back this long when * I guess * the art was done. It gave some of us the impression that it was being held up due to a Secret Wars tie in but now we know that is not the case.

The other day someone asked Tom B about it on tumblr and now he is saying by the end of the year. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    It's kind of weird that it's been held back this long when * I guess * the art was done. It gave some of us the impression that it was being held up due to a Secret Wars tie in but now we know that is not the case.

The other day someone asked Tom B about it on tumblr and now he is saying by the end of the year. Maybe.
    I'm just wondering if the series has become irrelevant and don't want to display this before Secret Wars ends, otherwise the disappointment would affect SW sales?

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

Wow. Thanks for that info Iron Maiden...not sure if I'll even tune if they publish it now, but the update is appreciated.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Amazing Member

Here's a link to the recent tumblr post: http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com...hield-series-i

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Hickman's update on the status of SHIELD from April 10...Hickman SHIELD update Apr 2015.jpg

I think instead of the new printing I will just catch up with my Marvel Digital sub. I was hoping we'd get it sooner but glad to see this at any rate.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Yes, I was happy to see that. As I'm dropping Aaron's Star Wars, I'll gladly read these instead. A long time coming.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Val begins her task by assembling some great minds in the Department of Science. Two of those great minds are Tesla and Nostradamus from your "S.H.I.E.L.D." series with Dustin Weaver. Seeing them again is bound to have some fans of that series very excited and wondering what the status of it is. Can you comment on that at all?

Sure, we've been pretty open about it at this point. Dustin has drawn all of the issues. He's finished. We'll release them after "Secret Wars" is over.

Hickman: "Dustin Weaver Has Finished 'S.H.I.E.L.D.'"

We knew "Secret Wars" would be your last project written for Marvel for some time, but is the last project that will actually be released be the remaining issues of "S.H.I.E.L.D."?

Yeah, but I will dialogue those after I have written "Secret Wars" #8. I plotted them out and then Dustin drew them. Then I'm going to go back and dialogue them. So, for a bit, "S.H.I.E.L.D." will actually be the last thing I do for Marvel.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...lid-foundation
    How might this tie into Secret Wars? Who else besides Nostradamus and Tesla might show up?
    Thor: "I was flying through the cosmos, on my way to Midgard, when something struck me in the face. It was blood."