Default Diana's Political Clout

One of the things I really did like about the Jiminez and Rucka runs was the dealings with international political stage. It was nice seeing that explored in the books and it's a shame it isn't used much. Hopefully it comes back sooner or later.

Incredible Member

I agree.

I liked the "Ambassador of Themyscira" aspect to the character. I thought it was interesting and opened itself up to good story opportunities given her competing / conflicting roles as a dignitary and a superhero.

Thirded. It's always an interesting aspect of Diana when utilized creatively. I've always loved the scene in the Jimenez run when Diana confronts Lex Luthor when he's acting as President on the United States. Those two characters rarely get to interact and it was compelling when they did.

Maybe we could see other Amazons get involved with politics too. Like, if Diana quits being ambassador to focus on other things we could see other Amazons take her place.

I'd like to see a United Nations story that included Amazons, Atlanteans, Gorilla City, Norsemen (Tora Olafsdotter's people), Homo Magi and the Fae.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I loved the embassy, and Rucka really used it well.

Mighty Member

I could see a golden age story on trying to establish a Themysciran embassy during the current political climate :P

Something akin to Marston's Wonder Woman milk story, or the early social justice Superman (which Morrison wrote in his Action comics run.).
    Last edited by borntohula; 07-10-2017 at 12:34 PM.