Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

1. Kraven or Mysterio as the villain. Not both pick one and stick too it. The films don't do well with multiple villains. I'm not saying scrap the Sinister Six idea entirely but put it on hiatus until you've developed each member on their own.

2. I say have MJ start out as a friend first.

3. J.K Simmons as Jameson I don't care if it's just a few minutes Mr. Webb if your listening just rehire Simmons.

4. Less stuff about Peter's parents. Honestly those are the most disjointed parts of the movie.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'd like a 5 year break then a new franchise without another origin movie. I disliked ASM2 so much I honestly have no faith in any future installment in this iteration of the franchise under the current teams.

Every writer must go. Sorry, but I'm done with them on this.

As much as I like Mark Webb as a director, he's had two chances and neither time have I felt he was interested in making a movie with Spider-man in it. He loves Peter and his world, but phones in the Spidey and frankly has no idea on the villains.

Also, from the posts blaming the producers, he may to have no editorial control of his own movies here, in which case he should move onto another project anyway.

In fact, a lot of people put considerable blame on the producers at Sony. So maybe firing them is a start.

Whatever they do, I don't want a single spin-off until they make one good Spider-man film from this version of the franchise (or a great new franchise).

It really sucks for Garfield and Stone, as they were fantastic casting.

Ultimate Member

That honestly makes little sense. Even if Webb leaves, any new director will have the same editorial problems. So him leaving changes absolutely nothing, except losing a talented filmmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    That honestly makes little sense. Even if Webb leaves, any new director will have the same editorial problems. So him leaving changes absolutely nothing, except losing a talented filmmaker.
    @ me? If so, I say him leaving may get us a director who is interested in making a movie with some Spider-man in it rather than SM getting in the way of a cute teenage romance. There's no denying this is the stuff that works in the ASM films, frankly they're the bright spots, but this isn't why I'm paying my money or why the title of the movie is Amazing Spider-man.

Spider-man must have interpersonal, out of costume relationships as this is a solid part of the universe but from these films I read that this is the only part Webb is interested in. The direction cranks up to 11 when he is making these scenes and the Spidey stufff, for the most part, feels a bit like an afterthought.

That said, I loved the Rhino segments in ASM2. He was the only villain I remotely enjoyed in it.

I've never said Webb isn't tallented but after two movies I don't feel he's right for Spider-man.

Also, I clearly stated get rid of the producers who are being blamed for a lot of the problems. I'd make a complete clean sweep.

Further to this, we haven't heard Mark Webb himself talking about this. He doesn't come out and bad-mouth the producers or screen writers. It's assumed that he doesn't want to bite the hand that feeds, but maybe he genuinely thinks these are the best Spider-man films he can make. Maybe he is absolutely proud of them and, if he had complete control, nothing would be any different.

BANNED

like i always stated, sony needs to get their heads out of their asses and let marc webb do his stuff because with two films they have disapointing box office records thanks to sony's annoyance.

The movie's made over $700 million, so I think that the "people are tired" argument is kind of a stretch. There are other superhero movies that would kill for those numbers. I think that the movies somewhat underwhelming reception, both critically and by the GA, is what hurt it, not that people are tired of Spider-Man. As for what I'd like to see in TASM 3.

-Actually EXPLORE the fallout from Gwen's death, Peter's struggle with it. That tacked-on "happy ending" involving the Rhino was so incredibly lame (just end the movie with Peter at the cemetery).
    I didn't see anything wrong with the ending. Yes, it ends on a happy note but it's obvious that Peter only realised that he had to come back as Spider-Man and that Gwen is now part of his drive as Spidey. He is obviously not over Gwen's death at all. I'm pretty sure the fallout of Gwen's death could be the main theme in ASM3 (which in my opinion would be SO GOOD).

Now if the movie's gonna involve Spidey at his lowest, if there's a Spidey moment that I'd love to see on film, it's this one:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jgprime; 07-15-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgprime View Post
    I didn't see anything wrong with the ending. Yes, it ends on a happy note but it's obvious that Peter only realised that he had to come back as Spider-Man and that Gwen is now part of his drive as Spidey. He is obviously not over Gwen's death at all. I'm pretty sure the fallout of Gwen's death could be the main theme in ASM3 (which in my opinion would be SO GOOD).

Now if the movie's gonna involve Spidey at his lowest, if there's a Spidey moment that I'd love to see on film, it's this one:
    I would like to see that scene, although I'd prefer it in a better film than Amazing Spider-Man 2.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jgprime View Post

Because it just felt so freaking tacked on to me. God forbid that we have a somewhat melancholic ending to a movie where the hero watched the love of his life die horribly right in front of him not five minutes earlier. And the scene very much felt like a "getting back on the horse" moment, so him being all mopey and depressed in the next movie will seem forced as well. I would have just ended it with Peter at Gwen's grave and TASM 3 would have been about him coming to terms with Gwen's death (with MJ's help).

BANNED

Because it just felt so freaking tacked on to me. God forbid that we have a somewhat melancholic ending to a movie where the hero watched the love of his life die horribly right in front of him not five minutes earlier. And the scene very much felt like a "getting back on the horse" moment, so him being all mopey and depressed in the next movie will seem forced as well. I would have just ended it with Peter at Gwen's grave and TASM 3 would have been about him coming to terms with Gwen's death (with MJ's help).
    But I can understand wanting a definite closure on whether or not Peter would return as Spider-Man. Because while the filmmakers may want a trilogy, there's never any definite assurance that there will be a sequel. So having Peter come back as Spidey at least gives some sense of closure to the film, in case things don't work out and a third film never materializes.

Kill Alexei. No Robo-Rhino for me.

A villain WITHOUT a personal connection to Peter. We did get Electro, for once, but we also had to deal with Harry.

No repeat villains. I don't care to see Doc Ock pt. 2, etc. I don't care.

pick one and one only: Vulture, Kraven, Mysterio, Morbius.

I think ASM3 is going to show Peter as obsessive in his duties as Spider-Man and trying to hide his pain from Gwen's death, only for it to come out later in the movie. Peter only realised at the end of ASM2 that not being Spider-Man wasn't helping, his responsibility with the people of New York was calling.

It'll be interesting to see how they do a Post-Sinister Six Amazing Spider-Man 3 in 2018. It does allow them to go with one villain, although it wouldn't surprise me if they go with the Alien Costume saga, in order to seed a Venom spinoff.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

This is easy, a better movie than the last three. That's all however since we possibly won't see this until 2018 unless something happens between now and that year.

BANNED

Default Who do you want to write Amazing Spider-Man 3?

so about 3 days ago sony announced that the sinister six will come out in 2016 while the amazing spiderman 3 will come out in 2018. so, since roberto orci and alex kurtzman are both out of the project who do you want to be helmed as the next writers for the series? for me i'd like the guys behind either skyfall and edge of tomorrow to handle the third installment. but i also have a feeling that drew goddard will be writing the third spiderman movie by webb. so which talented writer or writers do you want to writer for the third movie?

Jason Segel.

True, he hasn't done action yet, but I'd give him a shot based on his writing work so far. He can do honest sincerity, he can do funny and he can do characters with depth.

I'd be really interested in seeing what he could do with Spidey.