Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BANNED

i'm stressed out because i am a big spiderman fan and i am a supporter for both andrew garfield and marc webb and when you look at the rough cut version of the first film and find out some stuff in the second film marc webb really could've shown the audiance and fans the spiderman film and film that he made. andrew garfield totally fits peter parker and spiderman but he's recieving mixed reviews with people claiming that his peter parker is underdeveloped and somewhat a "dick" and this is the character that he always wanted to try out and i never loved tobey in the old films excluding some of 2. and also let's not forget when batman and robin was released that movie destroyed batman and everyone's mindset always focus on the movies these days. of course i care for the comics but even the comics by slott felt off and the animated series they keep airing is shit. all i want is for spiderman to deserve better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderx3000 View Post
    Why are you stressed? It's just a movie.
    it's not just a movie is a spiderman movie and looking at how WB is doing with DC, fox with the X-men and probably the F4 and marvel studios with their movies spiderman has the worst luck. he almost had two great movies but sony had to screw them up and people are doubting a director's cut. it seems like every adaptation is doing extremely well and spidey is the one i'm mostly worry about and since people focus on comic book movies these days just like with batman and robin i'm afraid spiderman will be ruined. i'm just hoping for some great news relating to the sinister six and the amazing spiderman 3.

Batman came back from Batman & Robin just fine. Nobody discredits the last three Batman movies because of Batman & Robin. Spider-Man will be fine, one day. I think the franchise is fine now, I enjoyed ASM 1&2 much better than the first trilogy. If it's not your cup of tea because of FOX meddling or what have you, relax. They can always reboot again one day and it will be OK!

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    it's not just a movie is a spiderman movie and looking at how WB is doing with DC, fox with the X-men and probably the F4 and marvel studios with their movies spiderman has the worst luck. he almost had two great movies but sony had to screw them up and people are doubting a director's cut. it seems like every adaptation is doing extremely well and spidey is the one i'm mostly worry about and since people focus on comic book movies these days just like with batman and robin i'm afraid spiderman will be ruined. i'm just hoping for some great news relating to the sinister six and the amazing spiderman 3.
    At the end of the day it's just a movie. I loved the first two movies unlike a lot of people, but I won't be losing sleep about what direction the franchise is going to go. Besides, you said you like the comics and there are hundreds of back-issues to go back and read.
    "A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step."

"With great power, comes great responsibility."

Dear Lord. It's a movie and it did okay for the big budget movie it is. I ASSURE you, the public doesn't really care too much about what critics say and part of the hate ASM gets it's because people can't get over Raimi's movies. I liked ASM2 as a Spider-Man fan & as a movies fan, in the end it's up to you whether you liked the movie or not. Sinister Six is 2 years away and ASM3 is 4 YEARS AWAY, no need to get scared. I'm sure they'll listen to criticism and will make good movies. Calm down.

BANNED

oh i really liked the first movie. despite some flaws it was brilliant but could've been done alot better. i really liked the second one then when you think about it was okay and it really needed something to be a great movie like how the stories connect. i really love andrew garfield as peter parker and the entire cast. i really thought andrew was an improvement than tobey and it aint because of the crying it was because andrew felt comfortable in the role. still i just wish the movie had time showing us the chemistry between him and harry and him and aunt may especially showing us uncle ben. infact, i heard all of the scenes with the exception of the alternate/extended fight scenes with electro were finished so i don't see a point in not releasing a directors cut.

i'm also glad that you liked the trilogy but i'm sad that the trilogy is getting alot of flack and with how dc is doing with the live action and movie department, fox with the x-men, and marvel with their movies and so many other adaptation i'm sad spiderman and the people behind the film aren't getting enough credit as they deserve spiderman can't be the only guy with a bad movie forever. that's why i really want to focus on what's going on with the sinister six and the amazing spiderman 3 and with what's going on at sony hopefully they'll improve the franchise in a good way like hiring great writers people love, listen to the fans on what needs to be improved like the chemisty between each character, the villains, anything that needs to make this franchise great. i just don't want spiderman to have the parker luck outside of the media. and if there are signs of improvement then i hope to hear more good news and i hope there'll be some talented writers for the amazing spiderman 3. i was thinking the people behind criminal minds would have a great shot at it since the chemistry in that show is incredible and the criminals proved to be more threatening. i also love how much emotion was put into that show if the same formula for that show happens in the third film i'll be one happy fan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jgprime View Post
    Dear Lord. It's a movie and it did okay for the big budget movie it is. I ASSURE you, the public doesn't really care too much about what critics say and part of the hate ASM gets it's because people can't get over Raimi's movies. I liked ASM2 as a Spider-Man fan & as a movies fan, in the end it's up to you whether you liked the movie or not. Sinister Six is 2 years away and ASM3 is 4 YEARS AWAY, no need to get scared. I'm sure they'll listen to criticism and will make good movies. Calm down.
    that's what i'm hoping. i'm not saying the movies suck but i'm saying the movies really needed to be improved and i think the franchise deserve better.

it's also great that the movie is 4 years away as well as the six which is 2 years away but i really need to keep an eye out for them.

i always thought that spiderman only works best on tv. i mean do you ever notice how most characters with the exception of harry, peter, doc ock, eddie, j jonah jameson, aunt may, mj, sandman, and green goblin have no character nor any character development? i mean neither robbie, betty, flash, peter's landlord, peter's lady friend, gwen, her father and a couple of others i'm missing have no character. i always felt that they were there because they were in the comics. i remember flash was there in the first spiderman film and all he did was pick on peter, got punched all the way through the hallway and broke up with mj. betty was unimportant as well as robbie and the others. gwen was served to make mj jealous and i can't remember if otto's wife had any lines and then came the new trilogy which looked like it would make a great tv series rather than a movie because from the trailers of both films it looked way too long and would fit best with the tv show even the premise sounds like it fits best with a tv series. i'm actually the type of guy who doesn't mind movies to be very long. infact, i don't even care if i have to sit in a theather for about 5 hours because after sony edited out both films including raimi's third movie i really don't care if the 2 movies have to be more than 5 hours.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletSpider View Post
    Batman came back from Batman & Robin just fine. Nobody discredits the last three Batman movies because of Batman & Robin. Spider-Man will be fine, one day. I think the franchise is fine now, I enjoyed ASM 1&2 much better than the first trilogy. If it's not your cup of tea because of FOX meddling or what have you, relax. They can always reboot again one day and it will be OK!
    I am discrediting Batman Forever just as easily as i discredited Batman And Robin.
    The only difference between the two movies is that Batman And Robin is slightly much worse than BF.

Disagree.

Based on what I've been hearing... F4 has the worst luck. X-men is barely watchable... The Amazing Spiderman Franchise was awesome!

Honestly, I don't even begin to understand the complaints people have about Garfield. He was the epitome of a teenager... and his SPIDER-MAN was the best one ever filmed... The quips and the wisecracks were everything that Tobey's was missing.

His Spidey was unlikeable? He was mocking villains and protecting kids from neighborhood bullies?!?! Fixing their science projects... How is this unlikable?!?

My opinion is that people are Jaded. The IDEA of rebooting the franchise when A) we just HAD an origin not that long ago... and B) It was just done to keep the rights away from Marvel ruining an avengers crossover turned fans off. Personally I hated the costume redesign in the first one... though the material looked better then Raimi's... The second however? Was REALLY fantastic.

And while the reviewers disliked it... Worldwide audiences don't appear to. Apparently it had a budget of $200,000,000 and worldwide made over $700,000,000 which is more than part 1 made... so the revenue is going UP...

I DON'T think you have anything to worry about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Disagree.

Based on what I've been hearing... F4 has the worst luck. X-men is barely watchable... The Amazing Spiderman Franchise was awesome!

Honestly, I don't even begin to understand the complaints people have about Garfield. He was the epitome of a teenager... and his SPIDER-MAN was the best one ever filmed... The quips and the wisecracks were everything that Tobey's was missing.

His Spidey was unlikeable? He was mocking villains and protecting kids from neighborhood bullies?!?! Fixing their science projects... How is this unlikable?!?

My opinion is that people are Jaded. The IDEA of rebooting the franchise when A) we just HAD an origin not that long ago... and B) It was just done to keep the rights away from Marvel ruining an avengers crossover turned fans off. Personally I hated the costume redesign in the first one... though the material looked better then Raimi's... The second however? Was REALLY fantastic.

And while the reviewers disliked it... Worldwide audiences don't appear to. Apparently it had a budget of $200,000,000 and worldwide made over $700,000,000 which is more than part 1 made... so the revenue is going UP...

I DON'T think you have anything to worry about.
    the strangest thing is people complained about him yelling at his aunt may when clearly he was never rude to her. he was under alot of stress while politely telling her to go to sleep while in tears and fear. infact it's quite common for everybody. i mean peter has done that to a number of people in the comics. sure tobey has done that to his uncle ben but the complaint i have is that he mostly acts like a shy awkward nerd rather than a person. honestly he reminds me of george mcfly except he's really uncomfortable. sometimes i question people's logic behind this-_-

i also don't agree with people's disaste with the graduation kiss since it shows how confident peter has been for the year and optimistic which is how i always feel whenever something good happens to me.

oh yeah, i forgot all about the F4. the casting looks alright. i love michael b jordan as the human torch though i'm afraid what effect it might have in the comics if people fall in love with michael. i am not a fan of ben's casting choice. i can see what they're trying to do with him but i wonder how it'll happen. i also think i've heard some mixed feelings about their ideas like them being born with powers or something. i also heard about the idea of a crossover with the F4 and the x-men when they don't even make sense in that universe since the x-men are hated for being mutants while the F4 are treated as heroes which totally belongs in the MCU. i also heard it's going for a darker route so i don't mind that since they would proabably balance it out but if not then the rights go back to marvel. honestly, the F4 could have a better relationship with the avengers than spiderman with the avengers. he's better off as a street level hero.

i've been hearing and looking over their Box Office numbers and they seem okay at best while they did kinda great overseas.

i'm glad you loved it as well as the other people but i just want to make sure spiderman, marc, andrew and crew get some glory in their third film as well as the sinister six. i also hope andrew will appear in the sinister six and hope the movie is just some short stories of the villain's origins including their encounter with spiderman. i would really love to see what goddard would bring to spiderman on the big screen.

btw i really don't agree with you on x-men since they seem to be doing really well. well, i think so since i now remember something about bryan leaving for a little while to work on something for image comics.

the strangest thing is people complained about him yelling at his aunt may when clearly he was never rude to her. he was under alot of stress while politely telling her to go to sleep while in tears and fear. infact it's quite common for everybody. i mean peter has done that to a number of people in the comics. sure tobey has done that to his uncle ben but the complaint i have is that he mostly acts like a shy awkward nerd rather than a person. honestly he reminds me of george mcfly except he's really uncomfortable. sometimes i question people's logic behind this-_-

i also don't agree with people's disaste with the graduation kiss since it shows how confident peter has been for the year and optimistic which is how i always feel whenever something good happens to me.

oh yeah, i forgot all about the F4. the casting looks alright. i love michael b jordan as the human torch though i'm afraid what effect it might have in the comics if people fall in love with michael. i am not a fan of ben's casting choice. i can see what they're trying to do with him but i wonder how it'll happen. i also think i've heard some mixed feelings about their ideas like them being born with powers or something. i also heard about the idea of a crossover with the F4 and the x-men when they don't even make sense in that universe since the x-men are hated for being mutants while the F4 are treated as heroes which totally belongs in the MCU. i also heard it's going for a darker route so i don't mind that since they would proabably balance it out but if not then the rights go back to marvel. honestly, the F4 could have a better relationship with the avengers than spiderman with the avengers. he's better off as a street level hero.

i've been hearing and looking over their Box Office numbers and they seem okay at best while they did kinda great overseas.

i'm glad you loved it as well as the other people but i just want to make sure spiderman, marc, andrew and crew get some glory in their third film as well as the sinister six. i also hope andrew will appear in the sinister six and hope the movie is just some short stories of the villain's origins including their encounter with spiderman. i would really love to see what goddard would bring to spiderman on the big screen.

btw i really don't agree with you on x-men since they seem to be doing really well. well, i think so since i now remember something about bryan leaving for a little while to work on something for image comics.

F4 don't sound anything like the F4... at some point it becomes just a random 'knockoff' like so many other shows... I predict 'the Incredibles' will have been a better F4 movie than this new one is shaping up to be.

X-men? I liked the first one. Loved the second one... and tolerated First class and DOFP... There were WAY too many liberties taken with cast and personalities and for the most part they were really good superhero movies in the years we had NO superhero movies...

But yeah... there was a LOT of rubbish in that series too.... A LOT more things that were just... 'off' then Amazing franchise was guilty of.

As for Sinister Six... I'm utterly AMAZED that they are doing this... I have NO idea what to expect... Will there be spidey in it?? I hope so. I really DON'T want to see a movie of bad guys being bad... Either A) They will turn them into lovable scamps like Ocean's 11 or a Hiest movie... Or B) It'll just be bad guys being bad... and all 'prequel' to a real movie.

Neither of those really appeal to me... I mean, I like Ocean's 11... but I also wouldn't want spider-man to punch them in the face either!!! the S6... I WANT them to get punched in the face :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    F4 don't sound anything like the F4... at some point it becomes just a random 'knockoff' like so many other shows... I predict 'the Incredibles' will have been a better F4 movie than this new one is shaping up to be.

X-men? I liked the first one. Loved the second one... and tolerated First class and DOFP... There were WAY too many liberties taken with cast and personalities and for the most part they were really good superhero movies in the years we had NO superhero movies...

But yeah... there was a LOT of rubbish in that series too.... A LOT more things that were just... 'off' then Amazing franchise was guilty of.

As for Sinister Six... I'm utterly AMAZED that they are doing this... I have NO idea what to expect... Will there be spidey in it?? I hope so. I really DON'T want to see a movie of bad guys being bad... Either A) They will turn them into lovable scamps like Ocean's 11 or a Hiest movie... Or B) It'll just be bad guys being bad... and all 'prequel' to a real movie.

Neither of those really appeal to me... I mean, I like Ocean's 11... but I also wouldn't want spider-man to punch them in the face either!!! the S6... I WANT them to get punched in the face :P
    i saw the first x-men film and thought it was good. i haven't seen much of 2 yet but 3 looks meh to me. i loved first class when i saw it in theaters but when i watched it and think about it at the same time for the second time i thought it was underwhelming with the other mutants never getting much development, sebastian suddenly figuring out who erik is when he tries to kill him, the continutity is screwed up, i also don't like sebastian's plan here, and i thought january jones was terrible as emma frost. the thing that i love the most are the moments mystique, charles, and magneto were on screen sharing their chemistry especially beast.

i really love DOFP though. i thought i was a flawless movie except for the fact that they never explained how kitty got her powers not even the director's cut(yeah there's actually suppose to be a director's cut coming out soon and yet spiderman doesn't get one-_-) even showed us how she got her powers. i also love how wolverine doesn't hog the spotlight this time.

however like spiderman the x-men works best as a tv series since the x-men has over a hundred if not thousands of mutants to explore like banshee, pixie, jubilee, rockslide, anole, x-23, siryn, psylocke, colossus, etc. i also don't like how hugh jackman is getting older. i honestly can't think of a better wolverine than him. hopefully in the next film cyclops has a purpose.

i hope the sinister six has several origin stories each of them containing spiderman like kraven wanting to claim spiderman as his prey, blackie drago's heist(i have a feeling they'll use him in this series like with the ultimate series), doctor octopus' entire backstory involving his life before his experiment goes wrong thanks to spiderman, something involving mysterio whether you'll use quenton beck's backstory from the 90s animated series or his 616 counterpart where he tries to prove how great he is or just fake himself as an evil overlord using a speech from orsen well's war of the world. it would also make sense for rhino to leave off where he continues to fight spiderman from the ending of the second movie. i also hope spny doesn't edit any important things out otherwise they'll be screwed. i don't care how long the movie is like if it's 4 or 5 hours just make the movie great as well as the amazing spiderman 3.

BANNED

i watched the film again on youtube and i must say i am disapointed as ever. first the positives:

-andrew garfield really nailed his performance as peter parker and spiderman making the character more convincing and confident and it was also about time we see parker evolved into a person than tobey in the original. i never hated tobey because he cried alot but i hated tobey because all throughout the movies he acted so shy and awkward it's uncomfortable.

-everyone i this movie gave such a strong performance with aunt may and emma stone stealing the show. i'll be honest when i keep seeing emma stone in movies most of the time i never pictured her as her characters. i always see her as herself. but she did some improvement in the amazing films and zombieland.

-jamie foxx as electro proved to be quite threatening when he tried to kill everyone in new york

-i actually love the special effects. the actually match the textures with spiderman and the world. i actually love how each character looks onscreen like rhino, spiderman and electro

-the dialogue was really well done and fit the character's personalities and charm.

-i actually love how every characters interact with one another. i always thought that marc's strongsuit than raimi's. when i watched raimi's movies despite the characters being spot on i never felt when they weren't convincing enough while with webb it felt like real people talking to eachother.

now for the negatives:

-at times when sony edited out some of the film the stories didn't feel connected like most of time when webb was trying to add in some moments and character development sony and the producers just edited them out making them feel disjointed and made the story feel non existant.

-thanks to the editing and the rewrites sometimes peter acts like a douchebag like the laundry scene with aunt may or when peter decides to go to england with gwen and abandon new york and aunt may(though i suppose he was gonna tell aunt may about this later) and after gwen's death peter just gave up for 5 months. i understand it's hard to take it when your girlfriend died but 5 months extreme don't you think. in the first film people accuse him of being a douche bag when he clearly wasn't while in here he somewhat acts douchey.

-max dillon was just plain rediculous. infact besides his imaginary talk with spiderman i freaked out when he imagined threatening smythe for joking about being spiderman.

-the cameos just felt unnesseccary. honestly i have never seen cameos so forced in my life and when i see felicia hardy as harry's secretary that's just mind boggbling since the character is known for being a theif. i was also annoyed that smythe was in the movie since with him being known to create the spider slayers he would've helped harry threaten spiderman to help him.

-electro really felt like he wasn't need into the story like honestly what purpose did he serve and how did he effect the characters and the story other then help harry and if harry uses the chip in his brain to control him that would've given us more reason to sympathize with him but nope it's actually just a meter that measures his electricity.

overall i'd give the film a 5.5/10

i really hope to god spiderman 3 and the sinister six make some improvements without sony interfering because seriously spiderman nor the people behind the movies like andrew garfield, marc webb, drew goddard, dane dehaan and anybody else working on this franchise can't fail and be the only ones with a bad comic book movies series
    Last edited by marvelguy25; 07-26-2014 at 07:18 AM. Reason: i needed to add more of my thoughts

so about 3 days ago sony announced that the sinister six will come out in 2016 while the amazing spiderman 3 will come out in 2018. so, since roberto orci and alex kurtzman are both out of the project who do you want to be helmed as the next writers for the series? for me i'd like the guys behind either skyfall and edge of tomorrow to handle the third installment. but i also have a feeling that drew goddard will be writing the third spiderman movie by webb. so which talented writer or writers do you want to writer for the third movie?
    It might be interesting to see what Webb's 500 Days of Summer collaborators Michael H. Weber and Scott Neustadter could do with the series, focusing on Peter Parker's life more than weird conspiracies. They've also worked on The Spectacular Now, and The Fault in Our Stars.

It would also be interesting to see what Graeme Manson (Orphan Black) could do with the series.

Sony has a few years so it might be a smart move to just start searching for Spider-Man fans with decent filmographies.

A decent writer with a streamlined storyline could help Webb and Garfield make the best Spider-Man movie.

Perhaps in 2018, Spider-Man will be less overexposed and the memory of the original trilogy will be less of a hindrance.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It might be interesting to see what Webb's 500 Days of Summer collaborators Michael H. Weber and Scott Neustadter could do with the series, focusing on Peter Parker's life more than weird conspiracies. They've also worked on The Spectacular Now, and The Fault in Our Stars.

It would also be interesting to see what Graeme Manson (Orphan Black) could do with the series.

Sony has a few years so it might be a smart move to just start searching for Spider-Man fans with decent filmographies.

A decent writer with a streamlined storyline could help Webb and Garfield make the best Spider-Man movie.

Perhaps in 2018, Spider-Man will be less overexposed and the memory of the original trilogy will be less of a hindrance.
    yeah, that's a great idea. but despite the movie focusing more on peter's life i think the conspiracies will still be there since it was established in the past 2 films though instead of of -peter caring more about his parents he could clear his parents name while bringing down oscorp with enough evidence to bring them down even giving harry some help he deserves as well as curt connors. i also want peter to help his aunt may and care more for her. i would also love for jk simmons to reprise his role. i mean alot of people prefer jk simmons as j jonah jameson. i mean he's as irreplacable as robert downey jr as iron man and hugh jackman as wolverine and even patrick stewart as charles xaivier and even tom hiddleson as loki. if we also expect jk to reprise his role as jameson i would also like for him to have his serious moments concerning peter and his own life as well as the staff.

i love your ideas of writers. i would also love it if the people behind criminal minds would handle the third film since the characters in the show have beautiful chemistry and the stories are also intense as well.

any thoughts?