Spectacular Member

Default Batman Knightsend Review (Canon Read Through #41)

After the huge build up through Knightfall and Knightquest the final show down between Bruce Wayne and Jean Paul Valley is about to go down.

It's a huge face off that spans the majority of the book and really feels climactic from start to finish.

You can read my thoughts at the link below and i'd love to hear yours.

Batman Knightsend Review

Cheers
    Check Out My Batman Canon Read Through And Review Here, From Year One all the way to Rebirth

Batman Canon Read Through And Review

I'm Also On Patreon. This all goes towards buying new graphic novels so if you like my reviews please pledge whatever you can. Thank you.

Deffinition Patreon

Spectacular Member AzraelOnline's Avatar

I feel like, considering the girth of this book and how much goes on, there could have been more depth. You spent more time discussing the JPV/Bruce battle then the rest of the insanity that led to it. No mention of Catwoman, Nightwing, or the biggie, the two Robin's witnessing Bruce satisfy Lady Shiva through mock murder.
    Azrael Online - The Source for all things Azrael

Spectacular Member

yeah when people pick up this book they want to know what catwoman is up to, not the fight between Jean Paul Valley and Batman. Think when I do a review on Batman V Superman Im gonna talk about the lex luthor bullets FML
    Check Out My Batman Canon Read Through And Review Here, From Year One all the way to Rebirth

I'm Also On Patreon. This all goes towards buying new graphic novels so if you like my reviews please pledge whatever you can. Thank you.

Deffinition Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Deffinition View Post
    yeah when people pick up this book they want to know what catwoman is up to, not the fight between Jean Paul Valley and Batman. Think when I do a review on Batman V Superman Im gonna talk about the lex luthor bullets FML
    Don't let the naysayers get to you man. I enjoy your reviews, they are a fun nostalgia trip for me. Hoping you keep going.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Spectacular Member

Lol im not, I just dont see why people would want me to not focus on the battle that is what the book is famous for

Deffinition Patreon

Spectacular Member

my bad I take back my comment lol

Deffinition Patreon

Lol im not, I just dont see why people would want me to not focus on the battle that is what the book is famous for
    Well, to be honest, it's your review lol if you wanted to spend 500 words focusing on why the Batcave looks aesthetically different by the end of Knightsend compared to the beginning of Knightfall (dark walls vs orangeish), that would be your choice. Most of us here have read these stories and already experienced the moments, so seeing reviews like yours scratch the nostalgia itch and it's fun to see what you focus on. It seems odd to me to complain about reviews like this, but I enjoy seeing what you come up with.

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Well, to be honest, it's your review lol if you wanted to spend 500 words focusing on why the Batcave looks aesthetically different by the end of Knightsend compared to the beginning of Knightfall (dark walls vs orangeish), that would be your choice. Most of us here have read these stories and already experienced the moments, so seeing reviews like yours scratch the nostalgia itch and it's fun to see what you focus on. It seems odd to me to complain about reviews like this, but I enjoy seeing what you come up with.
    Cheers, thank you for checking it out, ha I never even picked up on the batcave differences, brilliant!

Deffinition Patreon

Cheers, thank you for checking it out, ha I never even picked up on the batcave differences, brilliant!
    When I was a kid, the cave differences pre & post Knightfall bugged me to no end. I preferred the post-KF look (reminded me of the Burton movie caves), but they never gave an explanation for it. Drove me mad!! Of course, that was before I knew how artists & comics work, and later it bugged me less lol

When I was a kid I was all "I know Jean Paul trashed the place, but did he take the time to paint it, too?!?" hahaha