Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who is the greatest martial artist in the Rebirth U?

I don't read anything outside of Batman and Harley Quinn, is Richard Dragon, Bronze Tiger, Conner, or even Shiva around yet in Rebirth? Just wondering who the top dog is in the martial arts now.

Spectacular Member

Shiva has appeared in Detective Comics, and she's still the martial arts freak she was before, as is Cassandra, Bronze Tiger is still a tough contender. Richard still hasn't shown up yet, so it's between Cassie, Tiger and Shiva. but still, it's a tough call.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Bronze Tiger has played a big part in Tom King's BATMAN run (namely I AM SUICIDE), he's shown to be at least just as great a fighter as the Batman.

Cassandra Cain is also back in the books, so she is by default one of the best fighters.

Extraordinary Member

Karate Kid has yet to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Bronze Tiger has played a big part in Tom King's BATMAN run (namely I AM SUICIDE), he's shown to be at least just as great a fighter as the Batman.

Cassandra Cain is also back in the books, so she is by default one of the best fighters.
    I have not read that storyline as of yet, getting there.

There was a version of Richard Dragon in Jeff Lemiere's Green Arrow run. He was pretty unstoppable. Not sure how much of that is still in continuity.

It seemed like Bronze Tiger was Batman's equal or even a bit better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Karate Kid has yet to show up.
    This. Once The Legion is back, Val and his Kryptonian fighting, earthquake stopping moves will be back in the number one spot, as it should be.

For the time being, the best is either Cass Cain or Shiva (Their fight in 'Tec was interrupted although an inured Cass had the upper-hand), with Ben and Bruce trailing behind. I never read Richard's Nu52 appearances, so I've got not idea if there's anything there on the level of his non-canon Dixon stuff.

Oh, and since you brought him up, Connor IS finally coming back, as teased in GA #25! Super excited for that.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

It's tough to say since Bronze Tiger was using Venom when he made Batman look slow. I say it's Slade.

DC should just do a book where all the best martial artists in the DCU just fight each other or fight other people .

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Shiva has returned to her traditional skill level, yes (which I particularly rate as "Ludicrous SKILLZ).

But the answer to the question is "Cass Cain".

The answer is always Cass Cain.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    DC should just do a book where all the best martial artists in the DCU just fight each other or fight other people .
    In a hunger games style match.

Black Canary is high on the list for me. (At least she should be.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    This. Once The Legion is back, Val and his Kryptonian fighting, earthquake stopping moves will be back in the number one spot, as it should be.

For the time being, the best is either Cass Cain or Shiva (Their fight in 'Tec was interrupted although an inured Cass had the upper-hand), with Ben and Bruce trailing behind. I never read Richard's Nu52 appearances, so I've got not idea if there's anything there on the level of his non-canon Dixon stuff.

Oh, and since you brought him up, Connor IS finally coming back, as teased in GA #25! Super excited for that.
    The guy challenged a silver age Kryptonian!

Absolutely no disrespect to the fighters in the 21st century, but I honestly don't see how any of them would prevail against Val.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    The guy challenged a silver age Kryptonian!

Absolutely no disrespect to the fighters in the 21st century, but I honestly don't see how any of them would prevail against Val.
    Yeah, no one in the 21st Century can compete with Val in terms of skill. I always find it hilarious when people try to underplay him by bringing up the time Bruce stalemated him. Much like Tim one-shotting Cass and Jason one-shotting Shiva, this was PIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    It's tough to say since Bronze Tiger was using Venom when he made Batman look slow. I say it's Slade.
    But if Venom is a disqualifier wouldn't Slade also be disqualified for his special Captain America-like augmentation program he was on? Or is that not a carryover into the Rebirth U?