Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    I have a question.

During the first 70 issues of Wally series, it was said many times that Jay was dead. Then, he reappears just before the beginning of Return of Barry Allen. I assume this is all releated with the JSA's disappearance and return after CoIE. What story was that?
    I think Jay came back with the rest of the JSA at the end of Armegaddon inferno mini series if I recall correctly.

But I need to double check.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Hmmm I don’t remember it being said he was dead. He appeared in several issues leading up to the return of Barry Allen. I will need to look back through my collection and see.
    If he wasn't dead, he was MIA. Joan was living alone and Mason Trollbridge was trying to date her. Jay suddenly reappears on The Flash #73, just one issue behind Return of Barry Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I think Jay came back with the rest of the JSA at the end of Armegaddon inferno mini series if I recall correctly. But I need to double check.
    I'll check it. Thank you.

If he wasn't dead, he was MIA. Joan was living alone and Mason Trollbridge was trying to date her. Jay suddenly reappears on The Flash #73, just one issue behind Return of Barry Allen.

I'll check it. Thank you.
    Should be issue 4 which is the last one of the series.

It has a pretty cool cover too. Another one of my first comics actually. Lol.

I remember I was wondering who all theset JSA heroes were and why everyone in the comic was so excited to see them.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Incredible Member

It has a pretty cool cover too. Another one of my first comics actually. Lol.

I remember I was wondering who all theset JSA heroes were and why everyone in the comic was so excited to see them.
    Again, thank you. I was looking for Armaggedon Inferno, and I also found the story where the JSA disappears, Last Days of the Justice Society

Again, thank you. I was looking for Armaggedon Inferno, and I also found the story where the JSA disappears, Last Days of the Justice Society
    No problem.

Last days is also pretty good. I think Roy Thomas did that one as he was the golden age guy back then.

After their return, they had a ten-issue series of their own written by Len Strazewski with art from Mike Parobeck (inked by Mike Machlan), but it was said the series got cancelled because some in DC did not favor a series featuring the much-older heroes.
    Then several of the JSA's members were killed off or incapacitated by the events of Zero Hour a little more than a year after that.

Wow! I remember the Len Strazewski series but never have heard of the Armageddon mini series. I’ll have to check it out!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

After their return, they had a ten-issue series of their own written by Len Strazewski with art from Mike Parobeck (inked by Mike Machlan), but it was said the series got cancelled because some in DC did not favor a series featuring the much-older heroes.
    Then several of the JSA's members were killed off or incapacitated by the events of Zero Hour a little more than a year after that.
    Yup. That's the one. Great cover. Also cool to see 90's version of the Hawkmen, Carter and Katar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Wow! I remember the Len Strazewski series but never have heard of the Armageddon mini series. I’ll have to check it out!
    Check it out. It's a lot of fun. A different group of an interesting mix of heroes star in every issue.

This was one of the first comics I picked up so these issues were the introduction to a lot of different DC heroes for me. Including the JSA.

from The Flash Annual #3 (1989):

from The Flash Annual #3 (1989):

Classic Kubert goodness.

Classic Kubert goodness.
    And he really plays up the wings on Barry's helmet, which is an interesting contrast to many other artists.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Still waiting to see if / how / when he finally returns (for more than just a few pages until he's gone to wherever again).
    My first ever exposure to a superhero on comic book pages bar Superman and Batman. Jay was an instant hit for me. (I miss that Superhero Origin Story (all Golden Age) library book. Some jerk stole it years ago and the library couldn't get a reprint. It also had the story of The Green Lantern. *sigh*)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    My first ever exposure to a superhero on comic book pages bar Superman and Batman. Jay was an instant hit for me. (I miss that Superhero Origin Story (all Golden Age) library book. Some jerk stole it years ago and the library couldn't get a reprint. It also had the story of The Green Lantern. *sigh*)
    This book?

The Great Comic Book Heroes by Jules Feiffer?

I believe later editions went with this cover:

I got reminded of this in the Wally West thread. I really liked Jay's appearances as a guest star in The Flash in the silver age. It was usually to fight a big villain.

800555.jpg

678837.jpg

I got reminded of this in the Wally West thread. I really liked Jay's appearances as a guest star in The Flash in the silver age. It was usually to fight a big villain.

800555.jpg

678837.jpg

Oh yes!!! So many great appearances! I am loving the re released silver age flash TPB for this very reason.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!