All-New Member

Default Green Lantern comics help

I'm trying to aquire the story arc of Rebirth, Sinestro Corp War, Blackest Night. But I can't figure out all that I need. I've got the Blackest Night and Sinestro Corp War trade. I've been looking on Amazon for the other pieces. There is so many different versions. If I have the SCW trade, do I need Absolute Green Lantern Rebirth? Or what? I know I need GL Blackest Night, GLC Blackest Night, but I can't tell what else I need. There are so many versions.

Rebirth
    No Fear
    Revenge of the Green Lanterns
    Wanted: Hal Jordan
    The Sinestro Corps War
    Secret Origin
    Rage of the Red Lanterns
    Agent Orange
    Blackest Night
    Green Lantern: Brightest Day
    War of the Green Lanterns

New 52:
    First 20 issues of Green Lantern and issue 0.

That's only the Geoff Johns, Hal Jordan stuff and all you really need. There's tie ins and all that stuff but you don't really need any of it to enjoy the story.

All that absolute stuff is for if you want a big nice Hardcover version (probably with sketches and extras and stuff- I don't know I don't own it)

It looks beautiful but if you just want the stories you don't have to go all in.

Sorry, I misread your question, I didn't realize you wanted the entire run, I thought you were meaning Blackest night only.

Looking at amazon.

This collect the Green Lantern issues of Blackest Night
    https://www.amazon.com/Blackest-Nigh...blackest+night

This collects the Green Lantern corp which was a separate comic at the time.

There were a bunch of miniseries out at the time as well. Superman, Batman, a few others. These collect them.

Another mini series

Now for what you "need" you only need Blackest Night. Everything else is just frosting on the cake.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

I kind of thought the Blackest Night issues of the Green Lantern book was boring. I really enjoyed the main series though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    New 52:
    First 20 issues of Green Lantern and issue 0.

That's only the Geoff Johns, Hal Jordan stuff and all you really need. There's tie ins and all that stuff but you don't really need any of it to enjoy the story.
    Add in the trades for Rise of the Third Army and Wrath of the First Lantern. Those storylines crossover with Green Lantern Corps, New Guardians and Red Lanterns. Rise of the Third Army concludes in a Green Lantern Corps Annual.

Astonishing Member

Get all three volumes of the Green Lantern by Geoff Johns omnibus collections, as well as the trades for Rise of the Third Army and Wrath of the First Lantern (that way you'll get the whole story). That'll get you through the whole of the Geoff Johns run. Volume 1 covers GL Rebirth up to Sinestro Corps War, Volume 2 is Blackest Night issues (including the core issues for the event) and Volume 3 covers the Brightest Day arc, War of the Green Lanterns and the New 52 issues up to #20 (the Sinestro, Secret of the Indigo Tribe, Revenge of Black Hand, introduction of Simon Baz, Rise of the Third Army and Wrath of the First Lantern).

All-New Member

Thanks for all the help. I worded the question kinda wonky. Sorry. My b. You guys gave me the answers I wanted despite that<. I have been reading comics for a loooong time and I thing Geoff is one of the best writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey the Mad King View Post
    Thanks for all the help. I worded the question kinda wonky. Sorry. My b. You guys gave me the answers I wanted despite that<. I have been reading comics for a loooong time and I thing Geoff is one of the best writers.
    I agree! If you haven't read the Shazam! book I highly recommend it!