Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 85
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,792

    Default Into The Darkness: Nightshade Appreciation

    An appreciation thread for the Princess of the Land of Nightshades



    Sad we haven't seen her since the New 52 reboot. I'd like to see her return to Suicide Squad if possible. If not Maybe Justice League Dark. Or maybe even Wonder Woman given the characters connections to magic and government organizations.

  2. #2
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,634

    Default

    I really enjoyed Nightshade's role in Suicide Squad and the dynamics she had with the team, and how her own morality and character so often conflicted with the work of Task Force X and Waller .

  3. #3
    long time member Herowatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,628

    Default

    I was happy to see that DC kept Nightshade close to her Charlton roots coming out of Crisis of Infinite Earths.

    Eve as a member of the Justice League or a Task Force X splinter team (a new Checkmate) would be my preferences.
    I felt Shadowpact took Nightshade away from the cloak-and-dagger aspects of her character, which rebirth could fix.

    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

  4. #4
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,803

    Default

    I can't believe her brother made it into the Suicide Squad movie before she did.

    I get the problematic aspects of her character and baggage and why she isn't used more--but she really should be. She's one of the most visually appealing superheroes around with a cool power set.

  5. #5
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I can't believe her brother made it into the Suicide Squad movie before she did.

    I get the problematic aspects of her character and baggage and why she isn't used more--but she really should be. She's one of the most visually appealing superheroes around with a cool power set.
    And Flagg and June Moon having a relationship seemed like a riff on the romantic tension between Flagg and Nightshade in the comics, even if it was one-sided on her side.

  6. #6
    Mighty Member Kaijudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    One of my favorites and one of the characters I'm most anxious to see reappear in the Rebirth DCU. Let this woman join the Justice League already!

    This is probably my favorite look for her: paying homage to her original costuming, but updating the look/feel of the character and embracing the whole "mistress of darkness" angle...

    nightshade.jpg

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I can't believe her brother made it into the Suicide Squad movie before she did.

    I get the problematic aspects of her character and baggage and why she isn't used more--but she really should be. She's one of the most visually appealing superheroes around with a cool power set.
    What problematic aspects?

  8. #8
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What problematic aspects?
    Mystical origin for what's basically been a street character. (Or is she a magic character like on Shadowpact) And for the longest time she had the whole "Enchantress's Demon is stuck inside my body" thing which would have to be explained.

    But yes, she could be simplified for the new 52 if anyone had plans for her.

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,077

    Default

    I'd like to see Nightshade return as well. She'd be an interesting addition to Suicide Squad or the JLA. I prefer her old Suicide Squad costume out of any of them.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I can't believe her brother made it into the Suicide Squad movie before she did.

    I get the problematic aspects of her character and baggage and why she isn't used more--but she really should be. She's one of the most visually appealing superheroes around with a cool power set.
    who was her brother?

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Mystical origin for what's basically been a street character. (Or is she a magic character like on Shadowpact) And for the longest time she had the whole "Enchantress's Demon is stuck inside my body" thing which would have to be explained.

    But yes, she could be simplified for the new 52 if anyone had plans for her.
    I don't think she's ever been a street character. And I'm pretty sure she was mystical since her inception

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,792

    Default

    Has Nightshade ever met Jaime?

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,792

    Default

    If Nightshade got a role in a movie or tv show, would she be seen as too similar to Raven?

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If Nightshade got a role in a movie or tv show, would she be seen as too similar to Raven?
    Quite possibly, since the on-screen notion of Raven is a darkness-themed telekinetic goth teen who says Azarath Metreon Synthos every time she uses her powers (instead of a teleporting empathic healer), but there's room for fifty speedsters on the Flash show, a bunch of Kryptonian-level threats between the Superman movies and Supergirl show, and one or more new evil archers every year on Arrow, so I'm sure audiences can handle two characters with very different darkness-themed powers.

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Quite possibly, since the on-screen notion of Raven is a darkness-themed telekinetic goth teen who says Azarath Metreon Synthos every time she uses her powers (instead of a teleporting empathic healer), but there's room for fifty speedsters on the Flash show, a bunch of Kryptonian-level threats between the Superman movies and Supergirl show, and one or more new evil archers every year on Arrow, so I'm sure audiences can handle two characters with very different darkness-themed powers.
    Actually the multiple speedsters and archers has gotten a lot of criticism in those shows

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •