Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Into The Darkness: Nightshade Appreciation

An appreciation thread for the Princess of the Land of Nightshades

Sad we haven't seen her since the New 52 reboot. I'd like to see her return to Suicide Squad if possible. If not Maybe Justice League Dark. Or maybe even Wonder Woman given the characters connections to magic and government organizations.

I really enjoyed Nightshade's role in Suicide Squad and the dynamics she had with the team, and how her own morality and character so often conflicted with the work of Task Force X and Waller .

I was happy to see that DC kept Nightshade close to her Charlton roots coming out of Crisis of Infinite Earths.

Eve as a member of the Justice League or a Task Force X splinter team (a new Checkmate) would be my preferences.
    I felt Shadowpact took Nightshade away from the cloak-and-dagger aspects of her character, which rebirth could fix.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Astonishing Member

I can't believe her brother made it into the Suicide Squad movie before she did.

I get the problematic aspects of her character and baggage and why she isn't used more--but she really should be. She's one of the most visually appealing superheroes around with a cool power set.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I can't believe her brother made it into the Suicide Squad movie before she did.

I get the problematic aspects of her character and baggage and why she isn't used more--but she really should be. She's one of the most visually appealing superheroes around with a cool power set.
    And Flagg and June Moon having a relationship seemed like a riff on the romantic tension between Flagg and Nightshade in the comics, even if it was one-sided on her side.

One of my favorites and one of the characters I'm most anxious to see reappear in the Rebirth DCU. Let this woman join the Justice League already!

This is probably my favorite look for her: paying homage to her original costuming, but updating the look/feel of the character and embracing the whole "mistress of darkness" angle...

nightshade.jpg

What problematic aspects?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What problematic aspects?
    Mystical origin for what's basically been a street character. (Or is she a magic character like on Shadowpact) And for the longest time she had the whole "Enchantress's Demon is stuck inside my body" thing which would have to be explained.

But yes, she could be simplified for the new 52 if anyone had plans for her.

I'd like to see Nightshade return as well. She'd be an interesting addition to Suicide Squad or the JLA. I prefer her old Suicide Squad costume out of any of them.

Astonishing Member

who was her brother?

Mystical origin for what's basically been a street character. (Or is she a magic character like on Shadowpact) And for the longest time she had the whole "Enchantress's Demon is stuck inside my body" thing which would have to be explained.

But yes, she could be simplified for the new 52 if anyone had plans for her.
    I don't think she's ever been a street character. And I'm pretty sure she was mystical since her inception

Has Nightshade ever met Jaime?

If Nightshade got a role in a movie or tv show, would she be seen as too similar to Raven?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If Nightshade got a role in a movie or tv show, would she be seen as too similar to Raven?
    Quite possibly, since the on-screen notion of Raven is a darkness-themed telekinetic goth teen who says Azarath Metreon Synthos every time she uses her powers (instead of a teleporting empathic healer), but there's room for fifty speedsters on the Flash show, a bunch of Kryptonian-level threats between the Superman movies and Supergirl show, and one or more new evil archers every year on Arrow, so I'm sure audiences can handle two characters with very different darkness-themed powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Quite possibly, since the on-screen notion of Raven is a darkness-themed telekinetic goth teen who says Azarath Metreon Synthos every time she uses her powers (instead of a teleporting empathic healer), but there's room for fifty speedsters on the Flash show, a bunch of Kryptonian-level threats between the Superman movies and Supergirl show, and one or more new evil archers every year on Arrow, so I'm sure audiences can handle two characters with very different darkness-themed powers.
    Actually the multiple speedsters and archers has gotten a lot of criticism in those shows