Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I agree with Captain M that Carol needs a break and put her solo outings on hold for a while. She has a movie coming up so it's not like she'll disappear from comics.

I wonder how Marvel chooses which character gets a shot.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I agree with Captain M that Carol needs a break and put her solo outings on hold for a while.

I wonder how Marvel chooses which character gets a shot.
    They ask fans what they want. Then they specifically not make books about those characters.

I'd like to open a strawpoll for this, would you mind if I make a new thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I'd like to open a strawpoll for this, would you mind if I make a new thread?
    Go ahead. I was going to add a poll to this thread, but I was too indecisive on which characters to put on it.

i think the only solo female title, that hasn't been tried yet, that I would read is a Janet/Wasp book at this point. She was the leader of the Avengers for the longest time and they give a book to a new charcter with her name. And on top of which barley include her in the book. REALLY? Who's idea was that?

There are other female characters that I would like to see continue with solo books. However, for the most part I either did not like the style, direction, and/or the agenda of most of the solo books I tried to make me advocate for them at this point. But that does not mean a soild writer can not sway me in the future.

Edit: Take it back. I would read a non-baby involved Spider-Woman/Jessica Drew book. That girl could be legend.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 07-07-2017 at 06:38 AM.

Invincible Member

I forgot to mention that I really liked the Dennis Hopeless run on Spider Woman as well.

Mockingbird was just ok.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Mockingbird was just ok.
    I was madly in love with the first arc of Mockingbird. The second... had some issues. But, counting the one-shot that launched everything... we had 6 great issues to 3 less-than-great issues.

But I think it IS a book that can teach some lessons about how these books are handled. Simply put - this book was never given a chance. They cancelled it before the first trade was released, and that trade actually did very well. Then, it got some publicity spikes post-cancellation that also contributed to trade sales. Then, it got an Eisner nomination.

... even if some of these books aren't performing great out of the gate, there's potential for growth. There's an audience to be had, but they may not find it right away. Obviously you cant let a book struggle on with low sales forever, but I think some times the trigger is pulled a little too quickly...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    They should give more chances to popular female members of teams that never got a solo title or miniseries and female villains/supporting cast like Black Cat. But considering the current state of Marvel they would rather create a female version of Death's Head and Gwenverine, giving them ongoings before a Invisible Woman, Songbird or a proper Wasp solo.
    Maybe Sue and the rest can get shots when FANS grow up.

Why should I waste time giving Sue or Storm shots when I see the nasty behavior towards Moon Girl, Squirrel Girl, Mockingbird, Riri Williams & even Wasp. Lead by folks who would never read the books in the first place.

The folks really screaming for blank-are they REALLY going to give it a try or are they saying it in hopes Moon Girl or some book that they don't like gets axed. Then wonder why the book fails. Like we saw with Nova.

Going after books you don't like doesn't help. Gwenpool, Moon Girl, Riri & Squirrel Girl have nothing to do with why Sue or Storm don't have books. That falls on editors and who they bother to listen to pitches for.

If writers who could do those books are scared to come to Marvel because of the stuff done to Redjack & Chelsa Cain by fans-we may never get to see those stories.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Why should I waste time giving Sue or Storm shots when I see the nasty behavior towards Moon Girl, Squirrel Girl, Mockingbird, Riri Williams & even Wasp. Lead by folks who would never read the books in the first place.

The folks really screaming for blank-are they REALLY going to give it a try or are they saying it in hopes Moon Girl or some book that they don't like gets axed. Then wonder why the book fails. Like we saw with Nova.

Going after books you don't like doesn't help. Gwenpool, Moon Girl, Riri & Squirrel Girl have nothing to do with why Sue or Storm don't have books. That falls on editors and who they bother to listen to pitches for.

If writers who could do those books are scared to come to Marvel because of the stuff done to Redjack & Chelsa Cain by fans-we may never get to see those stories.
    lol

10characters

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

I have never seen someone who is a fan of Sue and wants her to have solo say Moon Girl or Riri and others, shouldn't have a book. Never.

Them having books has no impact on anyone else having one, let alone Sue who has nothing to do with the characters.

Sue hasn't had a chance in over 50 years of existence, not even a mini or one-shot. There is nothing wrong with me or anyone else advocating for her to get a chance.
    Last edited by Crimz; 07-07-2017 at 07:13 AM.

BANNED

I was fine with Mockingbird until the final issues ruined the experience & I hate it now. Not to the extremes as most people did but enough for me to see red to know it was nominated for eisner's.

Anyway. I do think the recent She-Hulk title is improving significantly. I'll admit I was unfairly harsh to the title given that I basically hated every fallout to CWII & rightfully so with most titles & it wasn't helped by the dower tone & the slug pacing of the first 6 issues but after that I think the book is picking up since Jen seems to not be so annoyingly mousey, Hellcat brought some much needed levaty to the book & if Legacy is to be any indication we'll be seeing The Jaded Giantess back in top shape in no time.

Spider-Woman was great too.

I have never seen someone who is a fan of Sue and wants her to have solo say Moon Girl or Riri and others, shouldn't have a book. Never.

Them having books has no impact on anyone else having one, let alone Sue who has nothing to do with the characters.

Sue hasn't had a chance in over 50 years of existence, not even a mini or one-shot. There is nothing wrong with me or anyone else advocating for her to get a chance.
    Don't try to explain, he won't get it.

Don't try to explain, he won't get it.

Get outta my head

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

They ask fans what they want. Then they specifically not make books about those characters.
    ha this was funny.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

yea sue deserves one. She is Marvel's first lady.