Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Honestly, most of my favourite books right now have female leads.

Spider-Gwen
    Hawkeye
    Hulk
    Unbelievable Gwenpool
    Secret Warriors
    Unstoppable Wasp
    All-New Wolverine
    Jean Grey
    Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur
    Ms. Marvel
    Star Wars: Doctor Aphra

And of ones that just ended:

Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat
    Silk
    Spider-Woman

All these characters are great and they were each given something special with their books. It's a great time for reading for me! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Maybe Sue and the rest can get shots when FANS grow up.

Why should I waste time giving Sue or Storm shots when I see the nasty behavior towards Moon Girl, Squirrel Girl, Mockingbird, Riri Williams & even Wasp. Lead by folks who would never read the books in the first place.

The folks really screaming for blank-are they REALLY going to give it a try or are they saying it in hopes Moon Girl or some book that they don't like gets axed. Then wonder why the book fails. Like we saw with Nova.

Going after books you don't like doesn't help. Gwenpool, Moon Girl, Riri & Squirrel Girl have nothing to do with why Sue or Storm don't have books. That falls on editors and who they bother to listen to pitches for.

If writers who could do those books are scared to come to Marvel because of the stuff done to Redjack & Chelsa Cain by fans-we may never get to see those stories.
    Maybe the fans of those female characters are tired of getting the second class citizen treatment from Marvel for years while those new characters got ongoings and merch just after debuting. I'm not against a Moon Girl or Gwenpool ongoing, but I'm against them having ongoings before classic characters that never got a chance before and appearing in three+ or more books per month even if their books have dismal sales while all the other characters are forgotten. Even Mosaic that was supposed to be the next big thing got dropped from the face of the Earth because he isn't a legacy character.

Marvel Legacy has 14 female solos, out of them, ELEVEN are legacy characters, twelve if you count O5 Jean as a legacy too. How about giving it a break and swapping at least half of them for female characters that carved their own name on Marvel's history?
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    Maybe the fans of those female characters are tired of getting the second class citizen treatment from Marvel for years while those new characters got ongoings and merch just after debuting. I'm not against a Moon Girl or Gwenpool ongoing, but I'm against them having ongoings before classic characters that never got a chance before and appearing in three+ or more books per month even if their books have dismal sales while all the other characters are forgotten. Even Mosaic that was supposed to be the next big thing got dropped from the face of the Earth because he isn't a legacy character.
    I've told that part to him about 15 times now. Let's hope someone else saying it makes a difference.

[QUOTE=CIA;2926465]
    Marvel Legacy has 14 female solos, out of them, ELEVEN are legacy characters, twelve if you count O5 Jean as a legacy too. How about giving it a break and swapping at least half of them for female characters that carved their own name on Marvel's history?
    This logic is quite on point. Makes sense that the women who help paved the way for some of the new characters to not get a shot at the same treatment they are getting. At this point it couldn't get much worse either way.

BANNED

Why should I waste time giving Sue or Storm shots when I see the nasty behavior towards Moon Girl, Squirrel Girl, Mockingbird, Riri Williams & even Wasp. Lead by folks who would never read the books in the first place.
    You do realize the posters who hate on Moon Girl, Wasp, and Riri are NOT Storm and Sue fans right? In fact, if Sue and Storm had their own solos, their haters would be the same ones who hate on Squirrel Girl, Mockingbird, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea sue deserves one. She is Marvel's first lady.
    I don't think the F4 have been the first anything for Marvel for years now. That ship may have sailed a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    You do realize the posters who hate on Moon Girl, Wasp, and Riri are NOT Storm and Sue fans right? In fact, if Sue and Storm had their own solos, their haters would be the same ones who hate on Squirrel Girl, Mockingbird, etc...
    Oh honey no. The point of that post is intended to be universal.
    Its not targeted at a specific character audience, like fans of Sue or whomever.
    Its meant to say "PEOPLE WHO READ COMICS need to stop being dicks to books that they don't even follow and stop being so incredibly and viciously vocal about their hatred of titles they don't even read --- so that Marvel isn't deterred from granting OTHER characters an opportunitye to thrive"

Niffleheim

I guess those older female characters will get another shot when the franchise they are in gets a movie/tv show on Foxverse or the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I don't think the F4 have been the first anything for Marvel for years now. That ship may have sailed a while back.

There are so many female heroes I would love to read the heck out of in their own solo books, and they've all been pretty much mentioned in this thread .

Another character who I'd love to see get significant focus is Mary Jane Watson. She's one of Marvel's most iconic women and was a staple of Spider-Man for years, so despite being a supporting character and civilian I would love to see her get her own book chronicling her daily and ongoing life in the Marvel Universe (without needing to be an AU like Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane).

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Its not targeted at a specific character audience, like fans of Sue or whomever.
    Its meant to say "PEOPLE WHO READ COMICS need to stop being dicks to books that they don't even follow and stop being so incredibly and viciously vocal about their hatred of titles they don't even read --- so that Marvel isn't deterred from granting OTHER characters an opportunitye to thrive"
    Is that what he meant ? Gwad you must be a linguist in real life or something. He hit on so many things that seem unrelated to each other that I had no what he was getting at.

His concern actually makes sense now and I can get where he is coming from. But I feel that the people who are vocal about the newer books/character aren't really large enough to effect them. Moreso other joining factors are at play that lead to their downfall. But that is a disscusion for another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

The folks really screaming for blank-are they REALLY going to give it a try or are they saying it in hopes Moon Girl or some book that they don't like gets axed. Then wonder why the book fails. Like we saw with Nova.

Going after books you don't like doesn't help. Gwenpool, Moon Girl, Riri & Squirrel Girl have nothing to do with why Sue or Storm don't have books. That falls on editors and who they bother to listen to pitches for.

If writers who could do those books are scared to come to Marvel because of the stuff done to Redjack & Chelsa Cain by fans-we may never get to see those stories.
    I seriously don't get this negative feeling either. Sure, there are books Marvel puts out that I'd never buy or read. There always were. There probably always will be. But I usually find myself with enough from Marvel to keep me happy. No one goes to restaurants and complains about dishes they don't order while eating what they like. Why are comics different? We don't need to like everything. It's actually easier for me not to like everything as selecting what I can afford and want to buy is simpler.

If Gwenpool and Moon Girl books were actually what was keeping Marvel from making a new FF book, I'd be there with a sign protesting right now. Is G Willow Wilson's latest Ms Marvel story keeping her or anyone else from a new FF proposal?

I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Well the way I see it, the people who are okay with all the new female characters being pushed in favor of old ones are the ones being dicks but we'll agree to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post

Thanks the song is stuck in my head now.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I think they mean "first lady" in terms of Sue being Marvels first female superhero.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Songbird, Elsa Bloodstone, Spectrum, Tigra, Firestar, Finesse, Komodo, Diamondback, Typhoid Mary, Madame Web, and Pixie could all hold their own titles I think, handled correctly by the creative teams.