Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I understand how you feels but like Bunn said he just can not push a button and make everything that happened on IvX disappear. At the moment all we can do is wait and see where this will end.

Looking for the positive side Emma is still supported by fans and even in a villain position or almost so she has room in the X-comics different from other characters who are in limbo.

Plus Jean vs. Emma is always something fun .
    Honestly, I don't see why they can't just push a button and undo her characterization from IvX considering that's exactly what IvX did. And even outside of that, his other comments don't give me any faith I this, coupled with what we're seeing in other issues (the Psych War arc in Jean Grey). I don't look forward to her interactions with either Tyke (which will still enforce the idea that she is unstable and not a hero without him) or Jeen (which saw an improved relationship under Bendis). Honestly, I'd rather have her in limbo until the fix this shit, at least there they can't make it worse, which is where I see them going now.

BANNED

YES! It's upon us & almost here, FINALLY, and looks to be MORE than worth the wait! For me at least, loved EVERYTHING I saw in that preview, as it looks to be entirely consistent with & a direct follow-up to... the AWESOME SE: United! And, like many others have said, SKIDS - SO !

ThanX to dastardly, old Beast's comments, I think I might be getting a clearer idea now, of what Lorna's upcoming, surprise role could be. Speaking of SEU, something I noticed there, seems to have been carried over to here. In regards to Xorn... I mean, to me... in his appearance, has he ALWAYS... been this slight of build?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Also, given the events of the IvX finale, WHY in the WORLD is Beast just naively accepting Emma as....I dunno....just a hunky dory addition to this mutant high council of sorts?

I mean, did she just show up in her classic WHITE and was all like, "Nah brah, look! WHITE!!! Its all good now, baby!" and he was like "Word".
    Well let's be honest, Emma isn't the only one in the room who it's odd for Beast to be accepting of. I mean Shaw is also right there and, while he may have been on the level before Secret Wars, since the timeskip, he's back to his Hellfire Club self. Needles to say, Secret Empire's time are the insane days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well let's be honest, Emma isn't the only one in the room who it's odd for Beast to be accepting of. I mean Shaw is also right there and, while he may have been on the level before Secret Wars, since the timeskip, he's back to his Hellfire Club self. Needles to say, Secret Empire's time are the insane days.
    With Hydra on the other side of the wire one can see how it might change points of view.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-07-2017 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Makes no sense. Hopefully Bunn has them address this at one point... Maybe Emma is controlling him too? Then again the writing for Beast stopped making sense so far ago... :/
    It has to be Emma controlling him. I don't see any other rational explanation.

BANNED

Yeah, Emma shut Hank Up!

This was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Excellent point.
    And since you mentioned Shaw -- brothah' needs to GET OVER the Hellfire Cosplay. Beefy Daddy has to move past the frills and buckles and coat tails and bows already.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    I still don't get how Beast is on Emma's side. Did I miss something ?

And yeah, I trust Bunn but he's definitely not comfortable with all this editorial/IvX bullshit.
    There are only two sides: With Hydra & Against Hydra

It has to be Emma controlling him. I don't see any other rational explanation.
    You mean you're shocked that the man who brought the O5 Xmen and has made some horrendous decisions that lead to the entire xmen confronting him would *shock & awe* be associated with people like Sebastion Shaw and Emma Frost?..../s Please Beast has done some seriously villainous stuff lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Excellent point.
    And since you mentioned Shaw -- brothah' needs to GET OVER the Hellfire Cosplay. Beefy Daddy has to move past the frills and buckles and coat tails and bows already.
    He needs a serious make over. He's the only one in the Hellfire club that still dresses like that.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    You mean you're shocked that the man who brought the O5 Xmen and has made some horrendous decisions that lead to the entire xmen confronting him would *shock & awe* be associated with people like Sebastion Shaw and Emma Frost?..../s Please Beast has done some seriously villainous stuff lately.
    It has nothing to do with that. He hates Emma Frost, that's the thing that doesn't make sense.

BANNED

It has nothing to do with that. He hates Emma Frost, that's the thing that doesn't make sense.
    He has more reason to hate Storm

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    He has more reason to hate Storm
    So? It doesn't negate the fact that he hate Emma Frost...

BANNED

When did he hate Emma? Your namesake has more reason to hate her than Beast.

???
    When did Hank ever "hate" Emma? In fact, in Astonishing X-Men, he was one of the only ones who became genuine friends with her. TBH I don't even think we got Hank's reaction to Emma doing what she did in IvX so it isn't OOC for them to have a regular convo.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Honestly, I don't see why they can't just push a button and undo her characterization from IvX considering that's exactly what IvX did.
    Agreed. Marvel pulls this all the time when they want to place a character in a certain scenario, usually with an "8 months later" caption (Wasp and Havok married with a child, Peter Parker's start up company burnt to the ground one issue, and suddenly having a corporate office in every nation) but when fans want something undone, suddenly it's "we can't just do that. "

Honestly, if the writing is going to be consistently this mediocre across the board than I'd rather at least have badly written stories that pander to the fan base then badly written stories that don't.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Agreed. Marvel pulls this all the time when they want to place a character in a certain scenario, usually with an "8 months later" caption (Wasp and Havok married with a child, Peter Parker's start up company burnt to the ground one issue, and suddenly having a corporate office in every nation) but when fans want something undone, suddenly it's "we can't just do that. "

Honestly, if the writing is going to be consistently this mediocre across the board than I'd rather at least have badly written stories that pander to the fan base then badly written stories that don't.
    Not even pandering to the fan base, how about just not driving us off books by shitting over characters we like. But yeah, that's the infuriating part, 'can't flip the switch to undo our duck up in flipping the switch in the first place'.