Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default Does Marvel Not Have Enough Good Female Villains?

Something I've been thinking for a while is that when it comes to iconic female villains in Marvel, you can probably name the good ones on one to two hands. Enchantress, Moonstone, Mystique, Madame HYDRA, Nebula, Cassandra Nova, Typhoid Mary, Sin and Lady Deathstrike. Pretty much any other has shifted to good at some point (including a couple of those above). Compared to male villains that's not that great. So I was thinking if it's difficult to craft a well done, original female villain or not. DC might have this problem too but one can say at least with the Batman ones they're far more iconic to general audiences except probably Mystique thanks to Jenn Lawrence. So what do you guys and gals think?

If their idea of creating a good female villain is the Queenpin Black Cat, I can see why they might have some issues in that area.

They barely have good female heroes outside of the mutant office and Sue storm. Dont wonder about villains
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; 07-07-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Astonishing Member

If u dig deep I think they do

But the idea I have to really look for them may say enough

Madam hydra
    Typhoid mary
    Enchantress
    Hela
    Moonstone
    Emma frost

These are imo great but they and others could be used more

For me marvel has an over reliance on thanos and a handful of other male villains

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    If u dig deep I think they do

But the idea I have to really look for them may say enough

Madam hydra
    Typhoid mary
    Enchantress
    Hela
    Moonstone
    Emma frost

These are imo great but they and others could be used more

For me marvel has an over reliance on thanos and a handful of other male villains
    I'd say their greatest and most successful female villain so far is Carol Danvers (Captain Marvel). I never read Civil War 2 but BOY did I hear about her unprecedented rampage of estrogenic tyranny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I'd say their greatest and most successful female villain so far is Carol Danvers (Captain Marvel). I never read Civil War 2 but BOY did I hear about her unprecedented rampage of estrogenic tyranny!!!

Niffleheim

I was going to post Danvers too but you beat me to it, ain't that just peachy!
    Last edited by Tofali; 07-07-2017 at 11:45 AM.

BANNED

Marvel doesn't use any of its villains well, male or female. But yes, I'd say they have a severe lack of well-used female villains. A lot of their newer female heroes are written in quite a formulaic way too, so there's a lot of improvement needed across the board.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I couldn't resist! :3

Astonishing Member

It didn't look good for her imo and I loved carol for years but I'm just not liking her atm

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Historically Marvel has always gone easy of females with powers. Medusa started out as a mysterious, dangerous vamp and then she got reformed. They blamed her past history on amnesia. I guess they made Emma a villain again but she had a period of reform also. Same with Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    I was going to post Danvers too but you beat me to it, ain't that just peachy!
    There's nothing permanently villainous about Carol that a better story line can't fix. The problem is Marvel has been doing this same old same old of making the heroes fight other heroes ever since Millar/Bendis came up with Civil War. It's also on Bendis's list of crimes that he turned the Scarlet Witch into the Villain of Disassembled and HoM. It took her out of comics for almost a decade after that. I can't understand why Marvel has been sabotaging Carol recently.

Let's build up the villain roster instead of tearing down the heroes roster.

Superia, June Covington, Madame Masque, Viper, and Monica Rappaccini are all waiting for their time to shine. Emma Frost is currently in the lead (imo).

and there's her...

BANNED

Miss Sinister should get pushed real hard.

Nuff Said!

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."