Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

This one hasn't been mentioned so far.....Lucian von Bardas of Latveria. She got beaten pretty badly at the end of this Winter Soldier arc. Now she looks more like her animated cartoon version in Bendis' Invincible Iron Man. She's trying to move into the vacuum in leadership when Doom left Latveria. She'll probably be facing Ironheart or Infamous Iron Man or maybe both.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-09-2017 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This one hasn't been mentioned so far.....Lucian von Bardas of Latveria. She got beaten pretty badly at the end of this Winter Soldier arc. Now she looks more like her animated cartoon version in Bendis' Invincible Iron Man. She's trying to move into the vacuum in leadership when Doom left Latveria. She'll probably be facing Ironheart or Infamous Iron Man or maybe both.

Couldn't hurt. I'm not sure that Bendis ever fully explained her. Who made her a cyborg? Tinkerer?
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 07-09-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Aww... no mention of Dragoness? :/
    hmmm, she wasn't as fleshed out or as charismatic as Tempo or Thumbelina. Even Locus had her moments/an air of mystery. I remember Dragoness for 3 things.

1. Being part of the MLF Asians triumvirate with Sumo and Kamikaze (a little on the nose)

2. Thumbelina being upset about her getting hurt

3. Clearly bring mistaken for Strobe in that weird *** Operation Zero Tolerance story

does it matter if a woman is a villain???

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Couldn't hurt. I'm not sure that Bendis ever fully explained her. Who made her a cyborg? Tinkerer?
    Since the Tinker was in Von Bardas's employ we just have to assume so from the gap in time that was built into Bendis's Secret War. She looked freakish compared to how she looked when she next appeared in Winter Soldier

Maybe she knows Walter Declun's plastic surgeon

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    does it matter if a woman is a villain???
    It matters if people want more female villains? Does it bother you that people want that???

BANNED

Robinson wanted to make Warrior Woman a female powerhouse on Hulk's level. But his Squadron Supreme got axed and nobody touched the character or her plot of world domination ever since. Here's hoping she eventually appears in some Avengers book.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I wonder if they'll do anything with avenger X the new villain mark waid made view a retcon in a story he did recently in his current avengers marvel now run.

She's trapped in the micro verse currently as of avengers #7-8 though so we'll see if she manages to eventually escape and possibly be a recurring villian for the avengers somewhere down the line.

Also considering the topic of this thread I must say upon thinking about it a lot since ivx I must say I'm not at all bothered by Emma frost being a villian once again even if many of her fans feel as if that it is a betrayal of all the character development various X-men writers did with the character to move her away from her villainous past.

I must say I actually like Emma as villian at least currently.

Quote Originally Posted by murderousjohnny View Post
    Vegetables from db super does it. It not as as bad as you imagine lol.
    Heh, Vegeta vs 18 in the original DBZ was another good example. Seriously, what you need is good setup. Toriyama did a good example of making her look scary. She's scary because she beats the ---- out of people. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veBdwqJbO60
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Shiklah has the potential to be a great villain. I guess it depends on how they want things to play of with Deadpool in the long run but she has potential.
    I think she's more fun as an anti-hero sort.

BANNED

They did until they made them heroes.

BANNED

But don't forget Arkea!

Hela is a really great villian who sadly at least in the comics hasn't been as significant for years as a villian when we're talking about consistent appearances she's spent more time in comic book limbo to be honest and it's kinda sad since she has a lot potential to be a really strong recurring female supervillian particularly for Thor maybe even the avengers.

Viper Ophelia Sarkissian who was more well known as Madame hydra for decades also has a lot of potential as a strong female villian who much like Hela sadly isn't used as much by writers in comics and of course I'm talking about pre secret empire and again much like hela it's really unfortunate honestly.

And the new Madame hydra Elisa Sinclair whose more or less the main antagonist of secret empire could potentially make a really strong recurring female supervillan/antagonist not just for captain America but the avengers that is of course assuming she makes it out of the secret empire event alive to reappear in marvel legacy eventually.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 07-09-2017 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    hmmm, she wasn't as fleshed out or as charismatic as Tempo or Thumbelina.
    I'd kill for Thumbelina to make a return!

Since we're listing great female villains that we love and want to see again, let me add:

• Titania - As I mentioned earlier, Titania is a pretty great villain, even if in recent years she's tried to reform. While we're at it, bring back her gal pal Volcana, since she was most recently seen back to being a criminal in Soule's She-Hulk.
    • Serpent Society - Okay, they're not all women, but this criminal organization has the most equal female to male representation of all villain groups out there. Anaconda, Black Mamba, Asp, Diamondback (now a hero), Princess Python, Coachwhip, Black Racer, and Fer-de-Lance are all great fun, and Gruenwald spent many, many issues in the 80's and 90's developing these characters (particularly the first four).
    • Ruby Thursday - I've always felt she'd work best as a She-Hulk villain (and she has fought She-Hulk in her various solo titles at least twice). She has a great look and unique powers, plus she's a genius that doesn't need to use her feminine wiles against men.
    • The Grapplers - a team of badass female wrestlers? Hellz yeah. It helps that The Hood brought back Letha and Lascivious and bestowed upon them deadly new abilities. And who doesn't love Poundcakes? These gorgeous ladies of wrestling are also reminiscent of DC's Female Furies, some of the most powerful and diverse female villains in comics.
    • Phantazia - An old 90's X-Men villainess who has such a unique look and really interesting powerset. I have no idea why she wasn't used more.
    • Reptilla - I get that Marvel isn't too keen on using the Fantastic Four anymore, but c'mon... Reptilla is so cool!
    • Pink Pearl - I'm a sucker for female villains that don't adhere to the "femme fatale" trope, and Pink Pearl is definitely one of them. She did kinda make a comeback a few years ago as a member of the Masters of Evil, but she hasn't done much since.