Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Selene. <3

The Masterminds, Arclight, Vertigo, Unuscione, Serafina, Chimera and Nekra are also female x-villains I enjoy.

Long-standing female villains that they never should've tried to make heroes (or anti-heroes) are Spiral, Frenzy and Lady Deathstrike. We have one too many hero turned villain stories already (Rogue, Emma, Magneto, etc...). And it's hard enough creating iconic female villains, why take away the couple of them we have left? That's one trope I really don't enjoy.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 07-10-2017 at 08:02 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    The Masterminds, Arclight, Vertigo, Unuscione, Serafina, Chimera and Nekra are also female x-villains I enjoy.
    Unuscione and Chimera have gorgeous visuals, and I'd love to see more of them for that reason alone!

Nekra is also fun. Similar in appearance, the long-lived Deviant Ereshkigal. She's super-cool.

Selene and Morgan Le Fay operate on levels of power and ruthlessness that, IF written correctly, should near the top of the list of most powerful villains period, outside of Universal forces like Phoenix and Hell Gods. I always found it funny that Le Fay was written as a villain for Spider-Woman. I mean, the powersets are nowhere near equal. How in the hell did Spider-Woman manage to survive? Given their seemingly near immortal status and powerset I could easily both of them raised to A-level threats, and should have been long ago.

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Marvel doesn't even write villains anymore, let alone female ones. It's all hero vs hero and you want to split hairs on gender? c'mon.
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Of the ones the OP listed: Enchantress, Moonstone, Mystique, Madame HYDRA, Nebula, Cassandra Nova, Typhoid Mary, Sin and Lady Deathstrike

I would add Selene, Emma Frost, Madame Maque, Morgan Le Fey, and Hela.

However none of them (except IvX Emma and Necrosha Selene) stand equal to Dr. Doom, Loki, Kang, Thanos, Red Skull, Ultron, Norman Osborn, Annihilus, Apocalypse, Magneto (relapsing villain), Doc Ock, Mandarin, Wilson Fisk and a list of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    It matters if people want more female villains? Does it bother you that people want that???
    no but I don't see why is gender important in that aspect.

Ophelia!

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    no but I don't see why is gender important in that aspect.
    for reasons of diversity. why should all villains be male?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'd kill for Thumbelina to make a return!
    As hard as it is to praise Rob Liefeld for anything, Thumbelina's great, and I think Liefeld does deserve some genuine recognition for creating her. She's a chubby girl whose weight is neither central to her character, nor treated as something she should be ashamed of. Superhero comics still don't do that, outside a very few exceptions. Overweight characters, especially if they're female, are almost all treated as worse people because of their weight. They're either the butt of jokes, or else their obesity is treated as a moral failing. Or, more often, both. But neither was the case with Thumbelina. So I would love for Thumbelina to return, still chubby, and still owning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    As hard as it is to praise Rob Liefeld for anything, Thumbelina's great, and I think Liefeld does deserve some genuine recognition for creating her. She's a chubby girl whose weight is neither central to her character, nor treated as something she should be ashamed of. Superhero comics still don't do that, outside a very few exceptions. Overweight characters, especially if they're female, are almost all treated as worse people because of their weight. They're either the butt of jokes, or else their obesity is treated as a moral failing. Or, more often, both. But neither was the case with Thumbelina. So I would love for Thumbelina to return, still chubby, and still owning it.
    hold on now. I like Thumbelina. but she was most definitely the butt of the joke. just look at her interactions with Strobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    hold on now. I like Thumbelina. but she was most definitely the butt of the joke. just look at her interactions with Strobe.
    She wasn't created as a joke for the readers, though. The other MLF members (particularly mean girl Strobe) definitely did make fun of her, but the character herself wasn't created to mock by Liefeld. She just happened to be a big gal who lacked self confidence and got in with a scummy crowd.

Sure, but it's not like we were meant to side with Strobe. The narrative didn't portray her weight as a joke, or as a moral failing. Some characters did, but they would have made fun of her no matter what she looked like.

This is your prerequisite Public Service Reminder that Dansen Macabre exists:

Dansen Macabre is definitely a female villain who exists

This was your prerequisite Public Service Reminder that Dansen Macabre exists. You may continue with your day.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

for reasons of diversity. why should all villains be male?
    well, I want a villain to be interesting and entertaining.

it could be male or female.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    well, I want a villain to be interesting and entertaining.

it could be male or female.
    Clearly Marvel doesn't feel the same way as they have put the majority of effort in their male villains, which is why this thread exists. It may not matter to you, but it does to many others who want to see more diversity in all forms.