Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I know jack about the Starman mythos (outside of knowing that could be a pun); is this Starman related to the Knights in any way?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Of all the faces to pop up, I did not expect Will Payton. So I guess this means the Starman legacy is back in continuity?
    Shade's appearance in The Flash indicated that James Robinson's Starman pretty much happened so I imagine the Starman Legacy is still intact.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Personally I thought Mongul just kidnapped Jon...
    Aw crap I never thought of that. Its possible and it would also be highly disappointing. He's overexposed right now as it is. With all the cameos of not-seen-in-awhile players though, I still think Billy is the more likely option. Hopefully.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    so basically Snyder watched Stranger Things and said "i have an idea for a story!"
    I knew I'd seen that bit recently...

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...tal-4-99-3-99/

DC have dropped the price of issues 2-6 by a dollar... Apparently their advance orders are really high, so well done DC!

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

DC is straight up trolling Marvel at this point!!!!!
    Last edited by Mister Ferro; 07-07-2017 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Post above got the details.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post

DC have dropped the price of issues 2-6 by a dollar... Apparently their advance orders are really high, so well done DC!
    Looks like I'm onboard for the series now.

Great move, DC.

Fantastic Member

Wonder if there's any significance to the image being of later-era Will Payton rather than the original character design.

And to me, the kid looks like Billy. I could see it being Jon Kent, but the way the kid is drawn is inconsistent with how Jon's been portrayed in the Super-books. I just hope we get a more classic Billy back, rather than the little jerk that was New 52 Billy.

Niceeee.

The preview looks great and with this price I'm on board

New 52 Billy wasn't a jerk. It was a façade, one that faded fast to reveal his true self, which was quite like his classic self.

The New 52 Shazam was then and remains right now the best thing Johns has written in years. If there's any case in which the man should use his clout to push something he wrote into Rebirth, its this.

But I digress, I agree the boy doesn't really look like Jon how he's been portrayed thus far. He looks older, and Billy is indeed older than Jon, so that's another thing that makes me lean toward it being him.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-07-2017 at 03:32 PM.

So. Much. Going. On.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    New 52 Billy wasn't a jerk. It was a façade, one that faded fast to reveal his true self, which was quite like his classic self.

The New 52 Shazam was then and remains right now the best thing Johns has written in years. If there's any case in which the man should use his clout to push something he wrote into Rebirth, its this.

But I digress, I agree the boy doesn't really look like Jon how he's been portrayed thus far. He looks older, and Billy is indeed older than Jon, so that's another thing that makes me lean toward it being him.
    Well, he kind of was. He at least had a pretty big attitude problem.

Though if it was Billy, wouldn't they keep his mouth covered so he couldn't transform? Unless Mongul doesn't know about that.

Fantastic Member

what? lowering the price on a comic...DC you hit a new low!! how dare you!....lol

I just can't wait to see red tornado, the black hawks, what's peyton starman doing there!? the metal men! TO marrow & doc magnus! just keep e'm coming dc. you are DESTROYING marvel at will now...

thank you DC !

I'm nearly positive that it was probably the opposite that prompted a price decrease. No company gives up free money like that. They have to be anticipating that a portion of readers equivalent to 25% of projected orders were holding out because of the $5/issue price.

Like the nods to the past.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 07-07-2017 at 04:14 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, he kind of was. He at least had a pretty big attitude problem.

Though if it was Billy, wouldn't they keep his mouth covered so he couldn't transform? Unless Mongul doesn't know about that.
    I'm just saying it wasn't real. He acted like a jerk for a brief time to keep everyone at bay. His true personality was that he was quite caring of everyone. Caring to a fault in fact, as shown when his first instinct is to try and help Black Adam, not defeat him. That's classic Billy.

As far as him not being gagged, maybe he doesn't have access to the power right now for some reason.