Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

WILL PAYTON!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I know jack about the Starman mythos (outside of knowing that could be a pun); is this Starman related to the Knights in any way?
    Will Payton was the first post-crisis Starman. He got his powers when he was camping in Arizona and was hit by an energy beam that was meant to give powers to a bunch of bad guys called The Power Elite.

His powers were super-strength, flight , the ability to create massive amounts of heat and light, to increase his density to further increase his strength and invulnerability, alter his appearance, and survive in space unaided without air,food or water.

His sister eventually married Jack Knight, so he's Jack's brother in law.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 07-07-2017 at 04:26 PM.

Thanks! I can understand the surprise of him being shown again better now. Early post-Crisis ideas have tended to take a back seat in regards to "returns" over immediate Pre-FP and pre-Crisis stuff.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Can someone explain this story to me? I get that it has to do with a dark mulitverse,and "maybe" something like nth metal is from there,but besides that I'm clueless.so make me understand,and maybe want to read this plz.

If we see a dubbilex,can cadmus be to far behind,and if we see cadmus can the "real" kon-el be around the corner?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    WILL PAYTON!!!!!

Will Payton was the first post-crisis Starman. He got his powers when he was camping in Arizona and was hit by an energy beam that was meant to give powers to a bunch of bad guys called The Power Elite.

His powers were super-strength, flight , the ability to create massive amounts of heat and light, to increase his density to further increase his strength and invulnerability, alter his appearance, and survive in space unaided without air,food or water.

His sister eventually married Jack Knight, so he's Jack's brother in law.
    And he turned out to be, more or less, the reincarnation of the 1980's cosmic Starman Prince Gavyn.

Snyder posted this on twitter IMG_7970.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And he turned out to be, more or less, the reincarnation of the 1980's cosmic Starman Prince Gavyn.
    Ugh. Don't remind me. I hated that retcon. I hope they do away with it.

Will was FAR more interesting than Prince Gavyn who was basically Starlin creating another rippoff character as he always does. When Starlin was working at Marvel and wanted to do a Darkseid story he just made up Thanos as a rippoff. He did the same at DC as Gavyn was just a Captain-Marvel (Marvel) rippoff.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 07-07-2017 at 05:03 PM.

What is Gotham resistance?

Is that just the 4 tie in issues in Snyders pic?

So:

- Metal #2 sets up Gotham Resistance which takes place between #2 and 3.

- Metal #3 sets up the Justice League facing off against the Dark Knights, who get more focused on in their respective one-shots, and the fights between the League and the Knights is chronicled in "Lost Knight" and tie-in issues.

- The event will end teasing something...

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Snyder posted this on twitter IMG_7970.jpg
    At least teen titans #13 is the only book i have to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Ugh. Don't remind me. I hated that retcon. I hope they do away with it.

Will was FAR more interesting than Prince Gavyn who was basically Starlin creating another rippoff character as he always does. When Starlin was working at Marvel and wanted to do a Darkseid story he just made up Thanos as a rippoff. He did the same at DC as Gavyn was just a Captain-Marvel (Marvel) rippoff.
    So he killed off mar-vell, then went and recreated him at DC? All the more reason i wish mar-vell wasn't dead.

The Prince Gavyn Starman was not a Starlin character, he was created by Levitz and Ditko.

Those Levitz/Ditko Starman stories are pretty good too.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

It's so wild to see Morrison's Multiversity map just straight up in the comic. It's silly but it also just really works, almost because it's so crazy.

Looks like Superboy (are they calling John "Superboy" now? I havent been paying attention) is prisoner on Warworld and the Justice League have to go break him free?

BANNED

Huh. So this is where Red Tornado's been hiding for the last 6 years.

Yeah this event is the hypest shit for me. SOOOOOO much going on in the good way & just seeing a lot of long lost DC C & D-listers popping up puts a smile on my face.

Makes me wonder if this Dark Multiverse has to do with the Gentry after seeing The Morrison Multiversity map.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    It's so wild to see Morrison's Multiversity map just straight up in the comic. It's silly but it also just really works, almost because it's so crazy.

Looks like Superboy (are they calling John "Superboy" now? I havent been paying attention) is prisoner on Warworld and the Justice League have to go break him free?
    Yeah Supermans son Jon is currently called Superboy, if you are wondering Conner hasn't been seen since the DCyou Teen Titans run. Also we aren't quite sure yet if that is Jon, some think it's Billy Batson and without confirmation who's to say, though my money is on Jon.

I agree with you on the map as well, it's so jarring since it looks like it was never supposed to actually be in a real comic as a literal map but it's definitely cool.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.