Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Default 9 more books confirmed to continue during Legacy

According to Newsarama: Runaways, Rocket, I Am Groot, Nick Fury, Infamous Iron Man, Dr. Strange & the Sorcerers Supreme, Ultimates˛ and Inhumans: Once & Future Kings. It looks like those weren't cancelled, but they are not going to be given the ''Legacy brand'' for some reason. The 9th title hasn't been revealed yet.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-07-2017 at 01:26 PM.

Black Widow, please!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

...How is Infamous going to continue? The September solicit sounded pretty final and from the covers it seems Victor will be appearing in the Invincible book until Tony comes back. Also, wasn't O&FK a mini?

The 9th title is Runaways.

Also
    When asked about the remaining eight Marvel Universe titles, the Marvel source said that those titles' placement will be revealed in time.
    I don't take that as a "no, they aren't cancelled", but rather as a "can't say anything now".
    But I sure hope they are still going, since 2 of my 3 favorite series are on that list.

That doesn't confirm they aren't cancelled outside Runaways...
    (I'd also assume Inhumans: Once & Future Kings is fine since it's an out of continuity mini-series, it wouldn't make sense to be in legacy)
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

I'd be genuinely surprised to see those Rocket and Groot books keep going.

The Inhumans book hasn't even come out yet, so it's no surprise that it's still planned. Same with Runaways, obviously.

I was expecting Ultimates to continue, but not covered under Legacy ?

I wonder if the fact that these books aren't covered under Legacy while still ongoing means Marvel have different end points in mind for them, which is why they're continuing at all?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Black Widow, please!
    I'm assuming the unrevealed title is going to be a Captain America book.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    The 9th title is Runaways.

Also

I don't take that as a "no, they aren't cancelled", but rather as a "can't say anything now".
    But I sure hope they are still going, since 2 of my 3 favorite series are on that list.
    No, if you count Runaways, there is a total of 8 titles mentioned in the article. There is one specific title that is going to be a part of Legacy but they have been keeping it a mystery.

And I took it as pretty much a confirmation of them continuing because The Unstopabble Wasp, for instance, was not mentioned at all, which probably means her book is stealth cancelled. I don't get why their source would even mention those other titles if they were cancelled too. Anyway, I'm going to be happy with some of those continuing, as I've been really enjoying them.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-07-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    ...How is Infamous going to continue? The September solicit sounded pretty final and from the covers it seems Victor will be appearing in the Invincible book until Tony comes back. Also, wasn't O&FK a mini?
    Yeah, I'm just assuming this means it will still be wrapping up but the last couple of issues will be published while legacy is starting.

They're probably gonna do this in waves like they did with Marvel NOW! back in 2012. Runaways and other titles will get "Legacied" in the next wave along with some new launches (like whatever's spinning out of Astonishing X-Men).

This has confused me more as to what Legacy actually is. Is it just a variation month like the hip-hop one?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Yeah, I'm just assuming this means it will still be wrapping up but the last couple of issues will be published while legacy is starting.
    Same here. As a sidenote, I really hope Priest gets to write something Marvel related. His Deathstroke is one of the best books in the market.

BANNED

Once & Future King's a limited though right? I mean it sounds like a limited.

I'll believe those books aren't cancelled when they turn up in the October solicits, and no sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    Once & Future King's a limited though right? I mean it sounds like a limited.
    Yeah definitely a 5 issue mini series per september solicits.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    Same here. As a sidenote, I really hope Priest gets to write something Marvel related. His Deathstroke is one of the best books in the market.
    He's writing Inhumans: Once and Future Kings!
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Yeah I doubt most of those aren't cancelled.