Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    We know for sure Runaways is continuing, just not under Legacy.
    Infamous Iron Man and Sorcerers Supreme we know already are finished, thanks to the September solicits.
    Ultimates2 wasn't in September solicits so we can assume that is done.
    Inhumans: Once And Future Kings is a mini-series, so that doesn't count.
    Really the only things we need to wait for a confirmation of is Rocket, I Am Groot, and Nick Fury, which sadly, are probably cancelled. We just have to wait for the October solicits to see if any of them show up.
    I don't agree with the idea that we can know for sure if a book has ended because ''the solicits make it sound like a finale''. We have had cases of that happening and the book continuing either way. I mean, look at Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur's September solicit, it also sounded a lot like a finale, and the book will continue during Legacy. So unless we have an explicit confirmation that the book has ended, I'm not considering it off the table.

A book missing one solicit doesn't always means cancelation, either. We have had cases of books taking a break for one month (like Ms. Marvel, The Totally Awesome Hulk, Silver Surfer).

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It's a mini with a definite ending so I agree that's why it's not part of Legacy, but I haven't heard anything to suggest it's not in continuity.
    Oh is it meant to be the definitive retelling of their origin? I think I just assumed it was OOC, not actually sure I read it anywhere.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It's intended to tell the time of their lives when the Unspoken was on the throne. Priest mentioned doing some research with the Mighty Avengers issues, at a minimum.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Well I know how to pick books that get canceled, so I'm pretty certain the Ultimates, which has been a favorite, is probably going to get the axe. Makes the renumbering almost a pointless gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    Well I know how to pick books that get canceled, so I'm pretty certain the Ultimates, which has been a favorite, is probably going to get the axe. Makes the renumbering almost a pointless gesture.
    Not for Marvel. The renumbering will probably cause a sales bump. Short term gains, ftw.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

I'm glad Nick Fury's continuing, I was enjoying that book too much for it to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't agree with the idea that we can know for sure if a book has ended because ''the solicits make it sound like a finale''. We have had cases of that happening and the book continuing either way. I mean, look at Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur's September solicit, it also sounded a lot like a finale, and the book will continue during Legacy. So unless we have an explicit confirmation that the book has ended, I'm not considering it off the table.

A book missing one solicit doesn't always means cancelation, either. We have had cases of books taking a break for one month (like Ms. Marvel, The Totally Awesome Hulk, Silver Surfer).
    I saw Bendis confirm that Infamous Iron Man was in fact ending, though we did not get a confirmation about Sorcerers Supreme yet (I still think it's fairly obvious)

And if Ultimates was coming back, why would they not have it a part of Legacy? Unless they are rebranding it as something new. Which I still consider as Ultimates 2 ending.

That's why I'm saying Nick Fury, Rocket, and I Am Groot are the biggest question marks, since they don't have any indicators on what their directions will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'll believe those books aren't cancelled when they turn up in the October solicits, and no sooner.
    Agreed....considering how Marvel has handled canceling books in the last year or so, I bet they just don't have the balls or courtesy to say they're done.
    Plus, most of these books are near the bottom of the barrel for Marvel...can't see them keeping most of them around, Legacy or no Legacy. (In fact, I thought it was already confirmed that Sorcerers Supreme was cancelled. I am curious, however, how they're going to wrap up Ultimates in two issues).
    And, yeah. Once and Future is a mini!

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Black Widow, please!
    I actually am very surprised that they're giving She-Hulk her own book again over Black Widow, considering how the Hulk sales are so rapidly declining.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    And if Ultimates was coming back, why would they not have it a part of Legacy? Unless they are rebranding it as something new. Which I still consider as Ultimates 2 ending.
    I read in the letter pages that Ultimates is the only one doing the seasonal thing more so,like season 2 and 3 etc..
    Ultimates 2 will be ending,but there is season 3.
    Ultimates 3? but ewing said in the letter page that he may call it something else.
    In the letter page a few issues ago he asking for ideas as well.
    Last edited by mace11; 07-09-2017 at 03:50 AM.

I love "Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme", but I'm almost certain that the September issue will be the last.

"It's time for the Sorcerers to go home! With their original mission finally complete, Doctor Strange must figure out a way to send everyone back to their original timelines. Spoiler alert: Not everyone will make it home…"

Plus, Thompson and Rodriguez are moving on to other projects

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    This has confused me more as to what Legacy actually is. Is it just a variation month like the hip-hop one?
    I think Legacy is whatever Marvel wants it to be at the moment. XD;
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    I actually am very surprised that they're giving She-Hulk her own book again over Black Widow, considering how the Hulk sales are so rapidly declining.
    That's in general. Majority of books that were released more recently haven't been doing well unless it's an X book. Even then, sustainability of Generation X and the solos are quite questionable. Much as I'd love a Black Widow solo, I don't think it will be immune if it were re-released at this point in time.

Marvel has both unit and dollar market share but that's primarily thanks to Star Wars, events, renumberings/#1s and higher prices. Secret Empire may be doing very poorly compared to Civil War II but it's still a lot higher than the next best Marvel Universe ongoing that's not a #1-3 (ASM #27 ~50K).

Seriously, a lot of their lower selling books are probably sub-only by now that they should just do day and date Marvel Unlimited. Might even help improve preorder trade sales.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Well, Waid and Samnee's book ended, so that's probably part of it. I may be too charitable, but I wonder if Marvel is trying to let the books it currently has get a chance to find its feet even if sales are poor. The corresponding other side is they ruthlessly cut books right before this, so they don't have too many poor books.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?