Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    DC fans: "Here's a list of characters and teams we'd like to see more of..."

DC: "Duly noted! Here's a story about a heroic Joker defeating Batman with social justice, and explaining why the superhero comics you love are stupid!"

DC fans: "Or you could give us new JSA, Young Justice, Shazam..."

DC: "Enjoy a Don Draper inspired Joker bringing political correctness to Gotham and saving it from oppressor Batman!"

The disconnect grows.
    Why? It's an elseworld book. While I have different views than Sean Murphy, I think it would be very interesting to see a Joker, using his skills to try to help society, against a capitalist/elitist Batman. Also, like with Bruce, this feminist Joker will have holes in his logic at times.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    Never read a book that was produced exclusively to give the fans what they wanted that was worth a damn. The problem simply does not exist.
    I'm pretty sure they could find creators who care about the JSA and Shazam if they tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Can't say I'm interested in this at all. Partially because the concept doesn't sound too appealing, and partially because I couldn't care less about the Joker.

Also, anybody remember the LAST disastrous non-canon book where one of Batman's rogues was cast as a hero, and Batman himself as a villain?

Attachment 51326
    Ahh the Boob socks. This story was trash but I really like the sound of this White Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    This is obviously a personal Sean Murphy story he wanted to do. It's not like Sean was like "I'd like to do something random for DC, maybe Shazam" and they were like "no do hero joker". Sean pretty much only does Batman miniseries/arcs for DC. It was likely this or he does nothing for them and sticks to his creator owned stuff. You're never going to get him on an ongoing rebirth book.
    Exactly.

Tho, I'd like to see him do miniseries for other characters. He's really limiting himself, in the mainstream market.

He lost me at the "Black Lives Matter to the growing wage gap" part. It is a hard pass for me.

The last thing I want from a Batman comic is more realism too. I just don't find that very appealing.
    Last edited by Badou; 07-07-2017 at 02:52 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    He lost me at the "Black Lives Matter to the growing wage gap" part. It is a hard pass for me.
    That was actually the one part that sounded interesting to me...mostly because I'm part of BLM.

Wasn't trying to make a comparison. Just a thought about the last time a concept like this was used. For all I know, this'll be really good, even if I have no intention of reading it. Also, not actually too familiar with Murphy's work.
    So then don't make the ridiculous comparison. Murphy is actually a pretty good writer, too.

Even if you're not going to read it, don't compare him to that......thing, before it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they could find creators who care about the JSA and Shazam if they tried.
    The point of this is that it isn't "some creator." It's Shawn Murphy.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

That was actually the one part that sounded interesting to me...partially because I'm part of BLM.
    I have no respect for the "leaders" of BLM and the whole movement I think is horribly misguided. The base message is fine to support, black people want to be treated fairly, but how the whole movement has been hijacked by disguising, racist, idiots that twist the message to fit their own agenda and push false rhetoric churns my stomach.

The last thing I want from a Batman comic is more realism too. I just don't find that very appealing.
    I almost pressed "back", myself, but I'm interested in a potentially elitist take on Batman.

That was actually the one part that sounded interesting to me...mostly because I'm part of BLM.
    As a black man, I don't care for BLM, despite agreeing with the overall/general message, but, depending on how radical this Joker is, it could make the dynamic of the bookquite interesting.

I have no respect for the "leaders" of BLM and the whole movement I think is horribly misguided. The base message is fine to support, black people want to be treated fairly, but how the whole movement has been hijacked by disguising, racist, idiots that twist the message to fit their own agenda and push false rhetoric churns my stomach.
    I know this is digressing, but +1

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Why? It's an elseworld book. While I have different views than Sean Murphy, I think it would be very interesting to see a Joker, using his skills to try to help society, against a capitalist/elitist Batman. Also, like with Bruce, this feminist Joker will have holes in his logic at times.
    Aside from sounding like terrible fanfiction, the message of the story seems to be "these superhero comics you love are stupid and irrational, and I'm going to explain to you why!"

BANNED

While there are members of BLM who are racist, they are not the majority by any means, and I don't believe the core message itself has been twisted to the point that the organization and movement should be dismissed. I stand by it firmly.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Sorry my sister went on my account.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 07-07-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Can't say I'm interested in this at all. Partially because the concept doesn't sound too appealing, and partially because I couldn't care less about the Joker.

Also, anybody remember the LAST disastrous non-canon book where one of Batman's rogues was cast as a hero, and Batman himself as a villain?

Attachment 51326
    I'm more reminded on this.

Btw. the whole idea sounds for me more like something were Anarky would be fitting and not Joker.