View Poll Results: Is It Time For The O5 To Go, or Should They Be Here To Stay?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • It’s time to send them home!

118 73.29%
  • I’m enjoying them and I don’t want to see them go!

29 18.01%
  • I couldn’t care less either way.

14 8.70%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Poll: Is It Time For The O5 To Go, or Should They Be Here To Stay?

In the last 7 or so months I've been active on this board I have noticed a sharp difference of opinion on the o5. Some think it's (long past) time for them to be gone, while others seem to enjoy the new characterizations. I've even seen a few opinions indicating they'd be ok see the new alongside the old. What I haven't seen is a poll on how this community feels about the o5.

In many ways the o5 represent a strategic gamble Marvel took. This new batch seems to have a strange relationship with canon, being both completely outside of it, while still being heavily influenced by it. It's was certainly a novel approach back when Bendis first launched ANXM. I recall being intrigued by the possibilities. The o5 provided a totally new way to view the modern continuity and possibly influence their older selves, or perhaps even help heal the rifts that had been forming in the x-family for years. Also getting any version of Jean seemed to like a winner.

The reality in my opinion has not lived up to the potential of what the o5 could have done. Instead of acting as a mirror for their older selves the o5 have effectively displaced them. This seems to follow Marvel's pattern of character replacement well enough. The problem for me is that I can't find a reason to get excited about less interesting versions of characters that already exist. Especially given that those characters seem to be the definitive versions of the characters from Marvel`s point of view.

Personally I`m ready for them to go, and stay gone. I feel that Marvel will benefit tremendously from slowly re-introducing core x-men characters back into the mix. I also think Marvel would benefit tremendously by reducing the number of x-books and appearances of each character back to 1-2 books max. I know the comic shops certainly will benefit from not having to flog two or three books for "b" or "c" string character that they can't sell. I'm going off the reservation here somewhat but I think the first step to reinvigorating the line is send the o5 back to where ever it is they came from.

I'm curious what the community here thinks? I'm also curious to understand what's driving your opinion. If you think they should stay, I'd like to know what your thoughts are on how this team goes forward long term in the shadow of their older selves. If you think it's time their gone, what do you see filling the gap, or will there even be a gap that needs filling?

BANNED

Nah, Jeen needs to stay and out all the homosexuals.

Astonishing Member

Send the o5 away, make Jimmy a bad guy , and bring back classic jean. They overstayed there welcom and there are better X-Men like like the new X-Men kids, sage, and maverick and dozens of others you can do more with then the 05

The teenage versions brought into the future have never had any appeal to me at all.

If I want to read original X-Men, I'll buy back issues of Uncanny.

They are well passed their expiration date.

They need to go. They have no "baggage". The reason I give a pass to OML is, because he does has "baggage" under his belt.
    This is OML's continuity. The O5 don't have that.

Man, I miss Sorrentino's art in this book.
    Last edited by The_Phenom2893; 07-07-2017 at 02:03 PM.

I'm enjoying Blue a lot. I'm enjoying reading the O5. I still remain convinced that the concept is fundamentally flawed and the line would be better without it. I don't necessarily need them gone completely, the idea of sending them off to be the new Exiles team crops up very often, but just get them out of the present and out of flagship status.

They're interesting to read, esp. with Bunn at the helm now, but they need to go.
    The O5 aren't even the real O5 from this reality. They need to go home and help their home reality, hopefully after correcting some of the wrongs in this one somehow (i.e. bring back Cyclops, Jean, Xavier, Logan).
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

I've been against them since the beginning. It may be odd for an X-Men fan to say, but I don't really like the wishy washy timey wimey stuff. The whole time displaced O5 concept is unappealing to me, and the novelty died long ago.

Dani, Magik, Cannonball, Karma, Wolfsbane, Dazzler, Rictor, Madrox, Banshee, Siryn, Meggan, Lockheed, Amanda, Havok, Polaris, Starjammers crew, Cecilia Reyes, Frenzy etc. -- there are so many great characters who are doing little to nothing right now. Marvel is wasting a flagship book on fake versions of well established characters instead of using fan favorites who actually need the panel time.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 07-07-2017 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Nah, Jeen needs to stay and out all the homosexuals.
    Do you have a prediction for her next victim?

Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    If I want to read original X-Men, I'll buy back issues of Uncanny.
    That's how I pass most of my comic reading time now unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    They need to go. They have no "baggage". The reason I give a pass to OML is, because he does has "baggage" under his belt.
    This is OML's continuity. The O5 don't have that.

Man, I miss Sorrentino's art in this book.
    Doesn't Logan have just a much baggage? Also how is he supposed to resolve any of this baggage as it's mostly AU isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    They're interesting to read, esp. with Bunn at the helm now, but they need to go.
    The O5 aren't even the real O5 from this reality. They need to go home and help their home reality, hopefully after correcting some of the wrongs in this one somehow (i.e. bring back Cyclops, Jean, Xavier, Logan).
    He's doing his best with a lousy setup. I'd like to see Bunn turn his considerable talents to a new Uncanny Book.

The should have left 12 issues after their arrival. And there hasn't been one significant story-line since they arrived.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

O5 gtfo!

Oml 2!